PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

New Server Enviroment: Game Types

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
CaptainSarge
Gatherer
Tribe:

Re: New Server Enviroment: Game Types

Post#11 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:18 pm

i like the new mods but the super spyglass it makes perfect tame dinos with correct stats too easy in my opinion.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#12 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:19 pm

DattoSSS wrote:Whilst my heart tells me I love PvP, common sense tells me my lifestyle dictates the Casual Passive Server - Whitelisted suits me down to the ground. A great idea Munki for those of us who want to play at our leisure and never lose our shit, literally.

My only request is, I assume it is PvE setting, can you allow flyers to carry dinos please? I realise this allows wilds to be dropped into dino pens but the answer to this is build a bloody roof :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm torn: like Datto I imagine my time will be limited so it may be difficult for me to compete in full pvp with people especially with work commitments and others potentially having whole days to grind. As such, the casual server might do me but then it won't give me the option to have any pvp ish events like what we did at the Centre Arena ;) Also a bit of pvp does spice the game up if it doesn't involve your base getting hit every couple of times you log on.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor

Post#13 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:21 pm

BobTheBuilder wrote:i like the new mods but the super spyglass it makes perfect tame dinos with correct stats too easy in my opinion.

On the flip side it will make things more interesting with tribes more likely to be battling things out in tek gear ;)

Builder
Ultimate Survivor

Post#14 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:23 pm

Hopefully this isn't a stupid question: but considering the Casual Island server is Whitelisted... does this mean it is pvp or pve? Because at least if players know each other they'd be less likely to abuse each other if it is pvp, and pvp would also allow the freedom of 'events' that can't be done in pve.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor

Post#15 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:33 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:
Gambit wrote:I'd be happier with no titan tameable; talking from experience. and would prefer gamma allowed on PvP Cluster.

Edit:

Which caves are buildable in?

all caves will be build-able, increased damage will be enabled though, PvP server can be blocked, as it will encourage people to raid bases to get artifacts... im open to changing this.

Personally, I would still prefer artifact caves to be left alone or have buildings there take STUPID amounts of damage to avoid people being annoying and blocking the caves off from smaller tribes who just want to login to do a quick cave run for fun (I figure this is what you mean when you say that there will be increased damage there). I'm also aware people can argue that the pvp server will be for tribes out to blast each other so eh, each to their own.

And yeah, even though I know there are the night vision goggles now, I agree with Gambit here that I would prefer gamma to be allowed. I'd still play if it were disabled, but that's my preference. And as for titans... I have mixed feelings on titans lol

Question: any changes on engrams? e.g.; mounted mini gun turrets etc. for the pvp server?

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#16 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:50 pm

-Gamma needs to be enabled on all servers, I will just use my nVidia control panel work around if not
-Carrying dinos needs to be enabled on all servers
-Maturation/breeding/imprinting rates the same as now? slight up on all servers would be great... slight... like 15-20% max.
-PVE difficulty at 1, should be 5, why not have it as hard as possible for the environment challenge
-Flying in caves should be on for at least all the Center servers
-No damage multiplier for building in caves its just not needed
-5x player XP on PVP servers, why make that same grind we all do over and over again any longer
-Smaller tribe limits 4 or 5 max, 8 allows total dominance
-Enforce dino limits to stop the "OMG LAG" after a few weeks
-F the tamable titans right off
-Maybe just maybe extend the 6 month wipe to 8 or 9 months to help build long term player and gain more doantions
-AUTO DEMOLISH like a smart man :)
-I'm a sook but maybe .7 for food and water drain just for ease of life on PVPs
-Allow enough engrams on PVP so that all engrams can be leanred, saved time on needless mind wipes to build one saddle
-whitelisted server being PVE is no good, won't attract players, needs to be PVP

*** the ah 50% base must remain intact rules seems a bit iffy *** Sounds like I could wipe everything and just leave foundations and gates, this is a player base killer.

Is the rules going out the window? Because that simple rules set provided under PVP seems like it goes against the old rules completely. Like the crappy old wild west do what you like servers I started out on (and left for good).
-2 day hostage timer
-no re-raid rules, i.e. endless raids
-all the good rules that protected the community from the BS of the game seem missing

In all honesty the current rule set is fine and dandy like sour candy and needs no changing. Unless its to hard for you to maintain it and enforce it, but maybe we could help with that, recruit some low power mods or something maybe?

I personally would love a white listed PVP the Center server with same mods plus ORP2 mod and no raid timer. Allowing only online raiding to occur. With no wipes of course plus your fee, i'd even pay $7.50-$10 a month.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#17 » Mon May 08, 2017 11:16 pm

As I re-read the configs I think of a few more things so rather than make new posts I will continue to edit this one with additions:

Builder wrote:I'm torn: like Datto I imagine my time will be limited so it may be difficult for me to compete in full pvp with people especially with work commitments and others potentially having whole days to grind. As such, the casual server might do me but then it won't give me the option to have any pvp ish events like what we did at the Centre Arena ;) Also a bit of pvp does spice the game up if it doesn't involve your base getting hit every couple of times you log on.

I know mate, but I have had to be realistic and admit that my career and family make me time poor and this game requires a lot of setup and planning to PvP properly. With the advent of a non wipe casual server I can take the game as far as I want, still within an online community, without fear of losing progress because I have deployed with work or gone on holidays, or simply work weekends.

To keep it fair and succinct, my comments are for the casual whitelisted server only.

1) I forgot to mention before, the reason I suggested allowing flyers to carry dinos is to allow quetz and ankylo/doed mining.
2) Is it possible for a dino cap of 400 be utilised in accordance with vanilla servers?
3) A difficulty of 1 is fine, as anything higher would become a frustration.
4) Cave building: With no structure damage people will be able to block caves off, requiring admin to step in and remove. Would it be better to disallow? This would prevent fast travel beds but thats not such a big issue anyway, caves are not meant to be easy.
5) As there is also a PvE cluster, would it be possible for the whitelisted server to be PvP but with structure damage off, so we can shoot each other at will but no raiding (or PvE with person damage on - I don't know the settings) :mrgreen:

I look forward to this next evolution. I can see the whitelisted server being popular amongst the longer serving members of the server community. I will certainly be getting extra slots for my family and referring it to friends as well.
Last edited by DattoSSS on Tue May 09, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Smurf
Dino Master
Tribe: Tribe of Smurf

Post#18 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:06 am

I am Keen on the Whitelist server, Though with it being Non Wipe I think it could be Clustered with SE ( I'd even be willing to pay alittle more for that) to keep thing fresh and offer more challenges/dino's to tame/breed. And if your open to some suggestions on Mods with it being a PVE server can I suggest Castles, Keeps, and Forts Medieval Architecture mod I've been playing with this on my Single player and it really has No limits on the creativity of bases people can design, being as building a base will be one of the most time spent activities on the server.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#19 » Tue May 09, 2017 7:38 am

DrunkMunki wrote:PvP Cluster

It's happening!!!!

Milhouse
Dino Master
Tribe: Floogals

Post#20 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:43 am

As i will be playing on the pvp cluster servers the only thing i can comment on is this:

1. Titansaur taming :( those things are OP and will wreck whole bases with ease.
2. Gamma can we please have this turned on. i know there is other ways of getting the same effect done outside of the game but there is nothing worse when its dark and you cant see anything.
3. Plant X and Turret limits. Maybe having a limit for both may make it slightly easier for solo and smaller tribes to raid and when fly or going around the map and get randomly shot down because of 65465156 turrets isnt fun either but thats just my 2cents.
4. Dino limit is there going to be one? Having a limit seems to be helping the lag.
5. Showing players on map kinda kills half the fun of going out and trying to find someone that you want to raid or someone you want to raid back.