PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

New Server Enviroment: Game Types

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Jaysee
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Belan

Re: New Server Enviroment: Game Types

Post#51 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:14 pm

Please stop pushing to remove the extra damage to structures in caves like the rule doesn't make sense.

Building in caves means you only have to defend in 1 direction, instead of 5, giving a huge advantage to people in caves. You can effectively put the same amount of defenses as a base outside, in one direction, making it up to 5 times as long to break into a cave base as a regular base. (5 lines of defense in a row when you only attack a base from one side when raiding outside).
There is a limited number of caves, leading to a limited number of people who can take advantage of this clear advantage.

There is a reason they brought the extra damage to caves on official servers, stop pushing for it, it's stupid.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#52 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:37 pm

Jaysee wrote:Building in caves means you only have to defend in 1 direction, instead of 5, giving a huge advantage to people in caves.
As odd as it sounds that can actually be a huge disadvantage as well. Certain caves it works amazingly well but other ones mean that you back a turtle in and it will only ever get shot on its ass never its head which makes a turtle last far longer. Take your cave in the center it was a pain in the ass cause it was large enough that you would get shot from multiple different directions, smaller ones aren't nearly as bad imo. So the added damage (which I'm not against btw) only really matters for a few caves imo like snow cave, carno cave etc...

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#53 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:17 am

King_Kiff wrote:
Builder wrote:SNIP.

They way I look at it is if bases cannot be damaged then there simply is no excuse to have a baby outside or in the open, heck even a thatch box will suffice. As for KOS, I'm not kind of player that would kill a tame if I killed the player and it just sat there on passive. If they fought back on it then I probably would. I would say in a server with no base damage and very little rules there is no such thing as griefing. You can be completely safe inside a box and nothing can hurt you, but step out into the wild and you risk what you take with you. I think that's the whole purpose of having a whitelisted server, awesome PVP with the ability to be safe at home and no have your base trashed. Not suggesting killing passives one bit. But tames in progress should need to be defended and maybe downed in a more tactical location to help this (don't forget a thatch hut is invincible). Babies are a major investment and should not be left anywhere in the open, why should I let someone leave a potential me killer grow up safe and sound in the open. Don't forget with no/limited rules and faster tame rates etc. there is going to be a lot more straight up PVP going on and your previously safe metal runs now present a risk.

It's going to be great stop worrying.

Time to survive.

And I fully expect shit loads of PVP directed at me, people camping my base for the sniper lols etc. and can't wait.

:)

I doubt anyone will actively KOS anybody on the whitelisted server and I certainly don't think anybody should be even considering killing tames in progress or passive babies/adolescents in an enclosure. The whole concept of PvP with base protection is for the suggestion of planned events which could certainly include a KOS event or similar. The purpose of a closed, whitelisted server is a controlled environment free of trolling, griefing and randoms and it will be family friendly. Munki has designed it to suit the casual player who hasn't got the free time to keep up with the hard core PvP crowd, and that is why it is a no wipe server - you can progress at your own pace. If you want to PvP in the manner you describe the PvP server is for you where you can compete with Rag and Gambit to your hearts content. What you are describing here is not in the spirit of the whitelisted casual server.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#54 » Thu May 11, 2017 6:50 pm

DattoSSS wrote:
King_Kiff wrote:
Builder wrote:SNIP.

They way I look at it is if bases cannot be damaged then there simply is no excuse to have a baby outside or in the open, heck even a thatch box will suffice. As for KOS, I'm not kind of player that would kill a tame if I killed the player and it just sat there on passive. If they fought back on it then I probably would. I would say in a server with no base damage and very little rules there is no such thing as griefing. You can be completely safe inside a box and nothing can hurt you, but step out into the wild and you risk what you take with you. I think that's the whole purpose of having a whitelisted server, awesome PVP with the ability to be safe at home and no have your base trashed. Not suggesting killing passives one bit. But tames in progress should need to be defended and maybe downed in a more tactical location to help this (don't forget a thatch hut is invincible). Babies are a major investment and should not be left anywhere in the open, why should I let someone leave a potential me killer grow up safe and sound in the open. Don't forget with no/limited rules and faster tame rates etc. there is going to be a lot more straight up PVP going on and your previously safe metal runs now present a risk.

It's going to be great stop worrying.

Time to survive.

And I fully expect shit loads of PVP directed at me, people camping my base for the sniper lols etc. and can't wait.

:)

I doubt anyone will actively KOS anybody on the whitelisted server and I certainly don't think anybody should be even considering killing tames in progress or passive babies/adolescents in an enclosure. The whole concept of PvP with base protection is for the suggestion of planned events which could certainly include a KOS event or similar. The purpose of a closed, whitelisted server is a controlled environment free of trolling, griefing and randoms and it will be family friendly. Munki has designed it to suit the casual player who hasn't got the free time to keep up with the hard core PvP crowd, and that is why it is a no wipe server - you can progress at your own pace. If you want to PvP in the manner you describe the PvP server is for you where you can compete with Rag and Gambit to your hearts content. What you are describing here is not in the spirit of the whitelisted casual server.

I get what you guys are trying to say but maybe instead of just thanking each other maybe make the point clear of what the server(s) will be. I haven't read anywhere that this PVPVE server would have no PVP and by simply whitelisting made your exempt from PVP. Might as well just be straight up PVE if that's the case as what I am seeing is the same old screaming will go on every time someone does any PVP to some one else. Even when bases CANNOT be hurt they will still cry. Either you are limiting the rules and allowing the game to play out or you are making more and more rules for each individual server and setting type.

This your PVP is hardcore and there PVP is soft core is pretty crap TBH.

from Munkis revision;

- whitelisted server will be PvPvE; allowing players to combat but no raiding.

So are we going to write up another 6 page rule set saying what PVP you can and can't do again or do we rely on no base damage and let the game be played?

And as for the PVP cluster. No, no interested, the rules seem to favor large tribes and the alpha mentality and the 50% base damage is a no-no. Plus now I work nearly full time I can no longer compete in a solid PVP server with base raiding as I no longer have the time.

I ask why anyone would join a PVP server if they can't handle little things like being KOS or having someone snipe camp them. PVE that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> If you can't even fathom a way of easy self defense with no base damage or are to much of a sook to fight back. Whitelisted or no, this makes no sense. I would not pay to play on another nanny state server.

Please clarify munki because this is making no sense right now.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#55 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:07 pm

DattoSSS wrote: I doubt anyone will actively KOS anybody on the whitelisted server and I certainly don't think anybody should be even considering killing tames in progress or passive babies/adolescents in an enclosure. The whole concept of PvP with base protection is for the suggestion of planned events which could certainly include a KOS event or similar. The purpose of a closed, whitelisted server is a controlled environment free of trolling, griefing and randoms and it will be family friendly. Munki has designed it to suit the casual player who hasn't got the free time to keep up with the hard core PvP crowd, and that is why it is a no wipe server - you can progress at your own pace. If you want to PvP in the manner you describe the PvP server is for you where you can compete with Rag and Gambit to your hearts content. What you are describing here is not in the spirit of the whitelisted casual server.

^ Agreed.

King_Kiff wrote: I get what you guys are trying to say but maybe instead of just thanking each other maybe make the point clear of what the server(s) will be. I haven't read anywhere that this PVPVE server would have no PVP and by simply whitelisting made your exempt from PVP. Might as well just be straight up PVE if that's the case as what I am seeing is the same old screaming will go on every time someone does any PVP to some one else. Even when bases CANNOT be hurt they will still cry. Either you are limiting the rules and allowing the game to play out or you are making more and more rules for each individual server and setting type.

This your PVP is hardcore and there PVP is soft core is pretty crap TBH.

from Munkis revision;

- whitelisted server will be PvPvE; allowing players to combat but no raiding.

So are we going to write up another 6 page rule set saying what PVP you can and can't do again or do we rely on no base damage and let the game be played?

And as for the PVP cluster. No, no interested, the rules seem to favor large tribes and the alpha mentality and the 50% base damage is a no-no. Plus now I work nearly full time I can no longer compete in a solid PVP server with base raiding as I no longer have the time.

I ask why anyone would join a PVP server if they can't handle little things like being KOS or having someone snipe camp them. PVE that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> If you can't even fathom a way of easy self defense with no base damage or are to much of a sook to fight back. Whitelisted or no, this makes no sense. I would not pay to play on another nanny state server.

Please clarify munki because this is making no sense right now.

To be clear: my interpretation of what Munki has written here about the Whitelisted server is that it essentially will most likely play out as pve, but with the option for pvp events to run or 'friendly' pvp. The events in question would not be possible on a server solely pve. I'm sure Munki can confirm for us so that we are on the same page.

I also think what Datto expressed above is pretty clear, and considering it's whitelisted, with players most likely familiar with each other and Munki, I would hope 6 pages of rules would not be necessary.

If you are solo it is also possible to survive on a pvp server (granted not easy, but possible). However I accept that with full time work like you say it would be next to impossible to be enjoyable as I am in the same position.

Ragnarok
Veteran

Post#56 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:13 pm

Kiff it sounds like you just want to be a dick without risking your base to reprisals as you know would happen on the real pvp server.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#57 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:16 pm

Just a FYI, reason i am allowing combat on the whitelisted server is for events AND occasional PvP.
If your sole purpose is to play on the server and attack other players, you are not welcome.... go play PvP.

The point of the whitelisted server is for CASUAL players, who want to play the game, interact in events and occasionally kill that person annoying you, its primarily PvE.

I will be putting up rules and guidelines closer to the date, i just dont have time right now to do that, which will be a separate post, with player feedback...
at the stage _THIS_ topic is to nut out the best server stats and mods, which appears to have met its goal.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor

Post#58 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:34 pm

Ragnarok wrote:Kiff it sounds like you just want to be a dick without risking your base to reprisals as you know would happen on the real pvp server.

I guess you missed that part about full time work. haven't got the hours in the day to spend grinding for turret ammo like others can.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor

Post#59 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:37 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:Just a FYI, reason i am allowing combat on the whitelisted server is for events AND occasional PvP.
If your sole purpose is to play on the server and attack other players, you are not welcome.... go play PvP.

The point of the whitelisted server is for CASUAL players, who want to play the game, interact in events and occasionally kill that person annoying you, its primarily PvE.

I will be putting up rules and guidelines closer to the date, i just dont have time right now to do that, which will be a separate post, with player feedback...
at the stage _THIS_ topic is to nut out the best server stats and mods, which appears to have met its goal.

Thanks for clarifiy that.

Pity. Could have been awesome but probably won't now.

Just my opinion of course I don't own a crystal ball but I can't see a server like that holding players long at all and not while asking them for a sub fee while your at it.

Seems like there wont be any room for me on the servers at all now if the options are get wiped no rules PVP or baby mode fake PVP with a fee :(

Would be happier with just a straight up wipe and leave things as they are now just on a faster server than remove all of what playark.com.au servers have been all this time.
Last edited by King_Kiff on Thu May 11, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ragnarok
Veteran

Post#60 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:38 pm

King_Kiff wrote:I guess you missed that part about full time work. haven't got the hours in the day to spend grinding for turret ammo like others can.

Which is exactly why people want to play on the whitelisted server because they can come home from work and relax with a couple of hours or farming and building. Do you think people want to spend their spare time trapped in their base cause you are outside waiting for them to come out so you can pvp with them. Or when they are in the middle of a metal run do you think with their limited time they want to be constantly on the lookout for players looking to pick and snipe them?