PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

New Server Enviroment: Game Types

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Milhouse
Dino Master
Tribe: Floogals

Re: PVP Cluster settings

Post#71 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:07 pm

Stick wrote:Hey guys,

I missed the first discussion before Munki shut that bad boy down, I just wanted to provide my recommendations for server settings. After all, I am well known for being the best Ark player of all time.

PvP Cluster
Maps: The Island and The Centre - Scorched Earth will not be added due to some dinos being OP on other maps
Mods: ORP2, Egg N Poop Collector / Incubator, Structures Plus (S+), Meat Spoiler, Resource Stacks, Reusable Plus
Stats:
Max Player Level = 120
Tribe Dino Limit = 200
Player Engrams = 80%-90%
Show Players on Map
Third Person View Enabled
No Cross-hairs - Give us some damn cross-hairs, its a PVP must. I understood because of the previous player diversity this wasn't needed, however, given that this is now pure PVP I believe its needed.
Difficulty set to 5 (giving dinos a level of 150)
No In-Cave Buildings with Artifacts
Dinos can carry
20x Taming Speed - This is pretty outrageous, is this based on the new 2x or on the old 1x?
10x Harvest Amount
3x Wild Dino Damage
6x Damage to buildings in Caves
1x Food Drain (Default is 1)
1x Water Drain (Default is 1)
1x Player Dino Damage
1x Player Resistance
1x Night Speed - bring back 2x
5x Egg Hatch Speed
10x Baby Mature Speed
4x Player XP
6 Players allowed in tribe
Max Structures in Range = 3,000 I may be wrong here but isn't the current vanilla setting 10,500? I understand that you can save some structures with S+ but limiting it to 1/3 of the vanilla setting would result in quite small bases being produced.
Gamma Allowed
Titans are NOT tameable
Maps wiped every 6 months I am of the belief that this should be halved at minimum, Ark has changed since its inception and everyone is always looking for a fresh server, I have seen it time and time again where this server starts to take a dive in player numbers around the 2-3 month mark and most of those players who stay are your casuals.
Auto-demolish enabled
Dinos will not auto unclaim, will be killed or wiped at admins discretion.

+1 for crosshairs

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: New Server Enviroment: Game Types

Post#72 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:15 pm

Smurf wrote:I thought I'd have a dig at the current breeding rates while its still open for discussion, I know your stance on Breeding and how everything must be worked at but would you be willing to consider a lower Breeding time while making imprinting occur more often/less per imprint? That way we still gotta put in the effort to imprint a decent dino just in a tad bit shorter time?

Breeding is very complicated to setup and not all dinos will get 100%, i rather not spend the hours troubleshooting various configs to get it to work.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#73 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:01 pm

Might as well put cross hairs on...

My monitor can make 3 different types of cross hairs all center screen perfect and I can adjust the color. Might as well let other people have basic in game cross hairs too.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#74 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:48 pm

Stick wrote:No Cross-hairs - Give us some damn cross-hairs, its a PVP must. I understood because of the previous player diversity this wasn't needed, however, given that this is now pure PVP I believe its needed.

Milhouse wrote:+1 for crosshairs

King_Kiff wrote:Might as well put cross hairs on...

My monitor can make 3 different types of cross hairs all center screen perfect and I can adjust the color. Might as well let other people have basic in game cross hairs too.

Guys its a survival game, not a FPS, stop being pussies... there will not be crosshairs, makes it too easy, you don't have crosshairs IRL... if your desperate, draw a dot on your monitor :p
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Crimson
Survivor
Tribe: Polyester Girls

Post#75 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:46 pm

Only just catching up on the new servers discussion. I think everything at this point looks great, you nailing it munki. That said I do think that the pvp server will need to wipe more regularly than 6 months, but time will tell.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#76 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:28 pm

I would personally like to see SE engrams added since we aren't having the SE map in the cluster.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#77 » Thu May 18, 2017 5:39 pm

Ragnarok wrote:I would personally like to see SE engrams added since we aren't having the SE map in the cluster.

Same for the whitelisted server... those pretty roof tiles ;) I also vote jerboas and lvl 1 wyvern eggs as prizes to certain events! :D

Vbanger
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#78 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:14 pm

Probably some unpopular preferences, but here they are anyway. My only real problem in any way is the hostage rule.

PvP Cluster
Tribe Dino Limit = 200 - 100 or even less cos lag
Player Engrams = 80%-90% - 50%, make trading/raiding for blueprints a thing
Show Players on Map - I've been loving the hidden or semi-hidden bases, I think this would make revenge too easy I'm an idiot, nvm
10x Harvest Amount - Maybe less, no need to make things too easy
1x Night Speed - Is this how long nights last? Maybe slightly quicker
Titans are NOT tameable - Just get rid of them

Rules:
Hostages ... 8hours - Still way too long I think and unhealthy for population/ragequitters. 2 hours is enough, maybe 4. It could also use a level minimum to prevent new player griefing, and a Global Chat declaration to start the timer and help with rescue efforts.
Last edited by Vbanger on Fri May 19, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#79 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:30 pm

Vbanger wrote:Tribe Dino Limit = 200 - 100 or even less cos lag
Tribes will have up to 6 people who will all have their own personal dinos, then there's imprinting kibble dinos, raiding dinos and then another 20 or so rexs for boss fights. 100 would be reached in like 3 days post wipe.

Vbanger wrote:Player Engrams = 80%-90% - 50%, make trading/raiding for blueprints a thing
Rather unfair to any solo player that they can't learn more than half the engrams.

Vbanger wrote:Show Players on Map - I've been loving the hidden or semi-hidden bases, I think this would make revenge too easy
I could be wrong but doesn't this just show you the player on your game map instead of vanilla where it shows nothing but the map.

Vbanger wrote:10x Harvest Amount - Maybe less, no need to make things too easy
While I'm fine with a lower harvest amount I believe Munki is still working off of old vanilla settings which means this is actually times 5 havesting.

Vbanger wrote:Titans are NOT tameable - Just get rid of them
titans are the best ways to power level in the game.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#80 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:10 pm

Vbanger wrote:Probably some unpopular preferences, but here they are anyway. My only real problem in any way is the hostage rule.

PvP Cluster
Tribe Dino Limit = 200 - 100 or even less cos lag

Given the tribe sizes, kibble dinos (unless we get a kibble mod or something), breeding for raids/bosses, I see <100 dinos being an issue. 150-200 should be fine.

Vbanger wrote:Player Engrams = 80%-90% - 50%, make trading/raiding for blueprints a thing

Hmm I agree with Ragnar that 50% would make it very irritating if you're a solo player, not to mention trading/raiding would still be a thing given some people love high end blue prints. I guess the argument I can see in your favour is that mind wipe exists.

Vbanger wrote:Show Players on Map - I've been loving the hidden or semi-hidden bases, I think this would make revenge too easy

I think you misunderstand what this is. "Show player on map" means that it shows your location, not other peoples' locations. You can toggle this on/off on your own single player game or in your .ini files and host with a friend to see what I mean. So don't worry, with this turned on, your stealth base will still require someone to find it ;)

Vbanger wrote:10x Harvest Amount - Maybe less, no need to make things too easy

^I'm inclined to agree. I play with x5 harvest rates on my single player servers and those rates are fine especially with the resource stack mod and pulling option that comes with S+. However you could also argue that on a pvp server the higher rates may be needed so that the grind is less disheartening when you need to rebuild after getting hit.

Vbanger wrote:1x Night Speed - Is this how long nights last? Maybe slightly quicker

I'm a sook and also play with double night speed ;)

Vbanger wrote:Titans are NOT tameable - Just get rid of them

I can't agree with this. Regardless of whether they are tameable or not in the game, they shouldn't be gone. They are awesome for leveling your favourite rex or giga... or turtle ;)

Vbanger wrote:Rules:
Hostages ... 8hours - Still way too long I think and unhealthy for population/ragequitters. 2 hours is enough, maybe 4. It could also use a level minimum to prevent new player griefing, and a Global Chat declaration to start the timer and help with rescue efforts.

On the fence here but almost inclined to agree. On the one hand; as long as there is some rule on re-capture, I think it might be alright, especially since one raid tactic is to capture your victims so they can't defend while you raid. However, on the other hand, I can see it abused when one tribe captures someone for a raid, lets them go after 8 hours then another tribe recaptures them for another max 8 hours. For some people who can only really put the hours in on the weekend especially, there goes their ark session. I would argue that it would be fine if there aren't dicks out there, but... this is ark.