PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

New Server Enviroment: Game Types

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: New Server Enviroment: Game Types

Post#81 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:13 pm

Builder wrote:
Vbanger wrote:
Vbanger wrote:Rules:
Hostages ... 8hours - Still way too long I think and unhealthy for population/ragequitters. 2 hours is enough, maybe 4. It could also use a level minimum to prevent new player griefing, and a Global Chat declaration to start the timer and help with rescue efforts.

On the fence here but almost inclined to agree. On the one hand; as long as there is some rule on re-capture, I think it might be alright, especially since one raid tactic is to capture your victims so they can't defend while you raid. However, on the other hand, I can see it abused when one tribe captures someone for a raid, lets them go after 8 hours then another tribe recaptures them for another max 8 hours. For some people who can only really put the hours in on the weekend especially, there goes their ark session. I would argue that it would be fine if there aren't dicks out there, but... this is ark.

What about 4hrs and remove handcuffs from the game?
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

El_Jefe
Dino Tamer
Tribe: CNA

Post#82 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:39 pm

Personally I don't hate the 8hr timer on hostages, 4 would also be fine. The key thing to consider is that a tribe who wants to cage you for the full duration will need to have a player checking on the hostage for the the full duration too, and guarding them diligently to prevent rescue efforts or cheeky escapes. When considering that statement and analysing how often cagings have occurred on munkis previous servers I am led to believe it unlikely that there will be a huge number of hostage situations where a player is kept for the full 8hr period (Just watch me eat my words when somebody cages me for 8hrs on day 1 of the wipe lmao).

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#83 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:46 am

DrunkMunki wrote:
What about 4hrs and remove handcuffs from the game?

I get what you were trying to do regarding getting your tribe to come rescue you but that wouldn't work if your tribe is new and the people who hold you hostage have tek shields etc... so personally I think 4 hours without handcuffs would be good.

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#84 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:42 am

Munkalicious - could you please shed some light on the current structure limits you have in place?

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#85 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:41 am

Stick wrote:Munkalicious - could you please shed some light on the current structure limits you have in place?

Keep in mind, not everything will be set in stone... structure limits, taming rates, will be changed, it all depends on how the servers evolve, was even thinking of having 1 week double XP ..
The reason why i wont have 10k structures, is because of loading times, have you seen the bases currently.. Cool-Runnings for example, has hit the limit but takes ages for each structure to load, i may change it (its not that hard to do) and will see if people make honeycombed bases which take 30mins to load when you fly over ... or if its more realistic.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#86 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:50 am

DrunkMunki wrote:
Stick wrote:Munkalicious - could you please shed some light on the current structure limits you have in place?

Keep in mind, not everything will be set in stone... structure limits, taming rates, will be changed, it all depends on how the servers evolve, was even thinking of having 1 week double XP ..
The reason why i wont have 10k structures, is because of loading times, have you seen the bases currently.. Cool-Runnings for example, has hit the limit but takes ages for each structure to load, i may change it (its not that hard to do) and will see if people make honeycombed bases which take 30mins to load when you fly over ... or if its more realistic.

Not that this is really related but I remember when the event doubled all the harvesting, would be cool to have an event once every 2 weeks or something where harvesting rates are doubled for half a day or something.
Also serious question are we going to have like a 48 hour - week grace period when the pvp server starts of no raiding? I think without it there's the possibility one alpha will pull ahead of everyone else and make it impossible for any other tribe to get an defenses up. There's a lot of beef brewing already, would be a shame for it to fizzle out within a day or so cause one tribe gets turrets and launchers faster than the other tribes and then just continues to grief them so the other tribe has no chance to rebuild with defenses.

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#87 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:18 pm

Sorry I probably didn't phrase my question correctly. Im curious to know what the building cap is right now? I know Vanilla is 10,500 but have you been using a lower structure limit than this in the past?

DrunkMunki wrote:

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#88 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:41 pm

Stick wrote:Sorry I probably didn't phrase my question correctly. Im curious to know what the building cap is right now? I know Vanilla is 10,500 but have you been using a lower structure limit than this in the past?

Structures are currently at 3,000 it was previously between 2,500-2,800

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#89 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:44 pm

Please 4 hour caging/hostage is more than enough. I really don't fancy being stuck at the mercy of some of the people on here for 8 hours a time every day. It will happen to people if you allow it lol.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#90 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:40 pm

bump