PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Have you seen any cool mods?

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Smurf
Dino Master
Tribe: Tribe of Smurf

Re: Have you seen any cool mods?

Post#31 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:17 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:
Smurf wrote:I'd like to put forward another mod... Dino Colors Plus, its a very small Dl mod that adds a lot more variety in each dino making them sorta unique.

Randomly Colored Dinos will be on the PvE and Whitelisted server, you got a link to the Dino Colors Plus mod?

Here ya go.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =632898827

Using it atm and there have been some great colors on some of these.
And I will keep pushing u to add SE or a map that has both sets of dinos to the whitelist server haha I want a mantis they are my new fav dino:)

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#32 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:33 pm

Randomly Colored Dinos = 0.12Mb
All creatures spawn with random colors. Male can be more colorful than female.
You will NOT loose any dino, if you deinstall this mod.
Colored dinos do not loose their colors, if you deinstall this mod.
This mod does not create modified dinos like other mods do.
It changes vanilla and modded dinos directly.

Dino Colors Plus - 1.16Mb
Dinosaurs that spawn after installing this mod will all be Dino Color Plus versions of each dinosaur. This means that if you uninstall this mod in the future you will lose any dinosaurs tamed that are Dino Color Plus variants. All color mods, to the best of our knowledge, have this limitation. We are working on a solution, but it isn't in this release.

thanks for the suggestion, think i will stick with my mod :)
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Smurf
Dino Master
Tribe: Tribe of Smurf

Post#33 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:39 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:

Randomly Colored Dinos = 0.12Mb
All creatures spawn with random colors. Male can be more colorful than female.
You will NOT loose any dino, if you deinstall this mod.
Colored dinos do not loose their colors, if you deinstall this mod.
This mod does not create modified dinos like other mods do.
It changes vanilla and modded dinos directly.

Dino Colors Plus - 1.16Mb
Dinosaurs that spawn after installing this mod will all be Dino Color Plus versions of each dinosaur. This means that if you uninstall this mod in the future you will lose any dinosaurs tamed that are Dino Color Plus variants. All color mods, to the best of our knowledge, have this limitation. We are working on a solution, but it isn't in this release.

thanks for the suggestion, think i will stick with my mod :)

Good call haha.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#34 » Tue May 16, 2017 6:23 pm

As an idea to Munki and other people, I'll give you a list of what I enjoy using on my single player server, what I have recently had a fiddle with, and what I think of them. I may or may not also do a quick video overview of each so people can get a better idea, but that comes with whether I can be bothered lol

1) "Structures plus (S+)" = love it, and will usually include it in each single player wipe I do, even if it's the only mod I choose to use.
2) "Resource stacks" = same as one Munki uses
3) "Pub mod" = also love it, however I know Munki may not want to use it due to the size but come on Munki... pubs ;)
4) "Saixang" = Used to love it. Now I would prob uninstall it given the amount of things you can do with S+ and that Saixang is a large file for a mod. Only issue is that I have a very big building that I have used saixang with a fair bit on my current sp file and if I uninstall it without replacing the building pieces it'll get wiped.
5) "Forces of Nature: Lightening Storm" = this is good as it adds to the immersion on the island by making the storms really come to life. Only thing though, the .ini files need to be edited so that a giant red WARNING! doesn't flash across the screen just before a storm. Really annoying. There is also a chance of lightening striking a player, dino or structure and causing damage. Never had that happen though and been using the mod for ages now.
6) "Better milk" = only really used on my SE server obviously. Love it though for my single player SE purposes.
7) "Wyvern mating" = tempted to remove this. Not sure if it's ever worked.
8) "Cooking extras" = I'm 'eh' about this one. It gives you a kind of 'nice' looking few features and 'kitchen', but in the grand scheme of things I wouldn't miss it if it were gone.
9) "Advanced rafts" = still haven't fully explored this mod. But what I can say is that the extra items alone that it gives you for 'decoration' is pretty awesome. If you didn't have the pub mod, this mod still gives you many items that can be used to decorate pubs/inns/ and other role player buildings. Pretty cool. The boats you get as well look good, but are 'fixed' and can't be edited.
10) "Upgrade station" = I like this, however I can see that it would make many other aspects of the game less worthwhile like the 'treasure hunting' and 'raiding' aspect in the game.
11) "Advanced thatch" = I only recently downloaded this to fiddle with last week. It adds quite a few thatch/bamboo structures that weren't originally in the game but probably should have been. Would most likely be of better use for the pve and Whitelisted servers.
12) "Egg and poop collector" = especially for single/solo players this is awesome
13) "Meat spoiler" = that music! ;)
14) "Big Storage bins (b3.4b)" and "More Big storage bins (v2.1)" = these are literally just for aesthetics on my single player servers. They create various 'storage' that is for a specific item, such as a pile of logs for wood storage, or bales of hay for thatch etc.

At looking at this list... I have a lot of mods lol. I have tried out a few others as well over the years, and uninstalled them either because they don't work, are corrupted, screw the game files, weren't interesting, were too much of a hassle given the little they offered, or just ruined the immersion aspect of the game in my experience (certain dino colouration mods fit this category as I personally think dinos that are too colourful aren't as 'natural' looking).

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#35 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:55 am

Last edited by DrunkMunki on Fri May 19, 2017 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: adding names to link

Milhouse
Dino Master
Tribe: Floogals

Post#36 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:14 am

It would be pretty cool to have SE items and dinos on the island/the center

Builder
Ultimate Survivor

Post#37 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:57 pm

To be fair, when it comes to SE on the island (say the whitelisted server or pve) I'm more for SE engrams, less for SE dinos spawning wild through a mod.
Why? The spawn sites are usually dicky and what ends up happening is you get some poor noob trying to fight a dilo off his thatch hut, only to get vomited on by a poison dragon when he defeats the little bugger. I do however like the idea of SE engrams combined with SE dinos given as event prizes or Munki spawning in some wild 'imports' into certain areas randomly (or as events) for some people to find if they wish before they despawn.

Also... had more of a play now with Advanced Rafts: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =749466101

For me, I've not really been using it for the boat/ship building aspect just yet, but for the items. Built another project on my sp file and didn't use any pub mod this time, all Advanced Rafts, Structures plus or vanilla for the interior and I'm quite happy with it :D

Some of the mods I've mentioned earlier (may post more photos later or do a quick video, been 'eh' about it lately tbh:

Some Advanced Rafts items included here: There's also some pretty (yet 'fixed') ships/boats and other things like bar items, barrels, buckets, extra storage options, a piano ( :shock: ) and hammocks (hammocks guys... HAMMOCKS!!! :o)
20170518230004_1.jpg
20170518230004_1.jpg (313.13 KiB) Viewed 8424 times

20170518230020_1.jpg
20170518230020_1.jpg (412.17 KiB) Viewed 8424 times

"Upgrade stations" - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =821530042
Rarely used tbh. But makes good decoration ;)
20170518230015_1.jpg
20170518230015_1.jpg (433.92 KiB) Viewed 8424 times

"SAIXANG" mod; looks cool but tbh w tek and structures plus kind of obsolete now. In background I think that is "Extreme Kitchen" mod items combined with "Cooking Plus". I now only have "cooking plus" left after my mod cull.
20161127230827_1.jpg
20161127230827_1.jpg (308.69 KiB) Viewed 8424 times

"SAIXANG" combined with MRRadTools (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =497432858); uninstalled this one now. Trying to cut back on mods and Advanced Rafts + structures plus has most of this kind of stuff anyway.
20161202185552_1.jpg
20161202185552_1.jpg (345.31 KiB) Viewed 8424 times

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#38 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:46 pm

Builder wrote:To be fair, when it comes to SE on the island (say the whitelisted server or pve) I'm more for SE engrams, less for SE dinos spawning wild through a mod.
Why? The spawn sites are usually dicky and what ends up happening is you get some poor noob trying to fight a dilo off his thatch hut, only to get vomited on by a poison dragon when he defeats the little bugger. I do however like the idea of SE engrams combined with SE dinos given as event prizes or Munki spawning in some wild 'imports' into certain areas randomly (or as events) for some people to find if they wish before they despawn.

Also... had more of a play now with Advanced Rafts: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =749466101

For me, I've not really been using it for the boat/ship building aspect just yet, but for the items. Built another project on my sp file and didn't use any pub mod this time, all Advanced Rafts, Structures plus or vanilla for the interior and I'm quite happy with it :D

Some of the mods I've mentioned earlier (may post more photos later or do a quick video, been 'eh' about it lately tbh:

Some Advanced Rafts items included here: There's also some pretty (yet 'fixed') ships/boats and other things like bar items, barrels, buckets, extra storage options, a piano ( :shock: ) and hammocks (hammocks guys... HAMMOCKS!!! :o)
20170518230004_1.jpg
20170518230020_1.jpg

"Upgrade stations" - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =821530042
Rarely used tbh. But makes good decoration ;)
20170518230015_1.jpg

"SAIXANG" mod; looks cool but tbh w tek and structures plus kind of obsolete now. In background I think that is "Extreme Kitchen" mod items combined with "Cooking Plus". I now only have "cooking plus" left after my mod cull.
20161127230827_1.jpg

"SAIXANG" combined with MRRadTools (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =497432858); uninstalled this one now. Trying to cut back on mods and Advanced Rafts + structures plus has most of this kind of stuff anyway.
20161202185552_1.jpg

Those mods look awesome and just go to show how lazy the legit devs are. But I would almost be certain that they add major lag.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor

Post#39 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:36 pm

King_Kiff wrote:Those mods look awesome and just go to show how lazy the legit devs are. But I would almost be certain that they add major lag.

I agree, many of these features would be awesome if they were in the vanilla game. As for lag, if I built the way I did on my single player server with the build restrictions as carefree as I have it, I would be inclined to agree, but this is due to the number of items I have placed in any given area for those projects. I have my build restrictions set VERY high, but then again, I can do that because it's my single player where it's usually just me playing, maybe up to four if others want to jump on. This means lag isn't really an issue even if I want to build a city lol. I also agree that too many mods on a server isn't recommended as it can be a major headache for a lot of players who just want to log on for a quick kibble imprint and find themselves facing another mod update delaying them from cuddling their cute little giga.

Putting that aside, I imagine build restrictions would be set to something reasonable on these servers. And for the players with a potato for a computer/laptop, they would just work out where the big bases are that they can't go, same as they would normally when approaching someone else's big base. That's the rub of playing with potatoes that people are already used to ;) If people want to decorate (thinking more pve and whitelisted servers here), then they can go nuts as long as they don't hit the build limit Munki has put in place, same as someone on the pvp server may choose to honeycomb if they wish. If it looks like it's causing issues on the server, it's something we can come to as a community to work out if it's just for a few players, or if it's everyone and requires the build restrictions on that server to be reduced.

After my recent little muck arounds, I would rank my preferred mods (if we are choosing any) as:
1) Structures plus
2) Egg and poop collector
3) Resource stacks
4) Advanced Rafts
5) Meat spoiler (honestly I really just use it for the music most of the time ;))
(6) Maybe Upgrade stations...)

I think there were others mentioned before that weren't too bad, but can't remember lol. Death finder is also certainly a handy one.