PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Have you seen any cool mods?

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Re: Have you seen any cool mods?

Post#21 » Fri May 12, 2017 2:43 pm

Thanks Millhouse.

I am thinking something large, my comments on Valhalla are by no means derogatory - it is still the highest rated custom map in the Steam workshop.

Silversage
Dino Tamer
Tribe: House Stark

Post#22 » Fri May 12, 2017 3:18 pm

Thieves Island is a 100% completed custom map.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#23 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:05 am

DrunkMunki wrote:So i have been looking through the workshop and come across some kewl mods... thoughts?

these probably wont be implemented unless theres a big cheer for it, but nice to know what people like.

Advanced Rafts - Eh, I'm indifferent
PvP safe zones - Same. For 1mb though why not
Pimp my dino - Be careful. I've tried this before and unless they've fixed it it bugs out the dodos and other things on the map. Cool mod until I realised the taming on some things were stuffed
Dino racing - never tried it, sounds cool
Bridge - Also never tried it
Castles, keeps and forts medieval architecture - used to have it and ended up uninstalling it. Can't remember the reason. Think it clashed with structures plus at the time
Lightening storm - this is awesome. But if you get it, change the setting in the .ini file to remove the giant WARNING! That flashes on the screen at the beginning of a storm. Gets kind of annoying and ruins the immersion a bit
Capitalism NPC trader - also used to have this and ended up uninstalling it. I think it came down to the size of the file at the time and update errors I was getting. Hopefully this is fixed.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor

Post#24 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:11 am

DattoSSS wrote:A few listed here, March 2017 so not toooo dated:

https://www.gamewatcher.com/editorials/ark-survival-evolved-mod-round-up/12282#update

Now I am not a fan of mods, only because Ark is EA and it's instability is compounded by constant patching and mod updates, however I am really impressed with S+, Poop & Egg Collector :mrgreen: , and the other mods Munki is proposing.

I know I will get shot down for this, but in the interests of making the whitelisted server something totally different, what about consideration of a different map? I enjoy the Island, and the Center, but probably because I know them so well.

I know Valhalla has ceased development for a newer version of map, perhaps Epic Islands, Ragnarok?

All discussion welcome :mrgreen:

As much as I find it interesting to explore a new map, a couple of things to consider:
1) Boss limitations if a tribe wants to go for Tek (Tek buildings are pretty and I want a jetpack ;))
2) The updates and possibilities of maps not being updated with correct spawns
3) Custom maps (I thought) are generally not as well coded and don't usually run as efficiently as the 'official' maps

I could be wrong.

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#25 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:29 am

I treat custom maps the same as the center.... buggy.

Center is soo broken it's not even funny.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#26 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:43 am

Gambit and Builder, both good points. :D

Nitephyre
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Crucifier

Post#27 » Sun May 14, 2017 5:39 pm

I like the idea of PVP Safe Zones, Builder's Improvements, Capitalism NPC Trader & Death Helper :)

Builder
Ultimate Survivor

Post#28 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:56 pm

Nitephyre wrote:I like the idea of PVP Safe Zones, Builder's Improvements, Capitalism NPC Trader & Death Helper :)

These aren't bad, but Builder's Improvements is pretty useless considering S+ will be in the game, and the capitalism mod is also not really needed given the high harvest rates. Death helper = awesome though :D

Smurf
Dino Master
Tribe: Tribe of Smurf

Post#29 » Tue May 16, 2017 2:19 pm

I'd like to put forward another mod... Dino Colors Plus, its a very small Dl mod that adds a lot more variety in each dino making them sorta unique.

As far as custom maps go some of them are better optimized than the official cough The Centre... Atm I'm jerking around on Shingola Islands and its 100% with all tek stuff/bosses and all dino's are upto date go.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#30 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:14 pm

Smurf wrote:I'd like to put forward another mod... Dino Colors Plus, its a very small Dl mod that adds a lot more variety in each dino making them sorta unique.

Randomly Colored Dinos will be on the PvE and Whitelisted server, you got a link to the Dino Colors Plus mod?
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net