PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Does boss damage scale with "Wild Dino Damage" mulitplier?

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Jaysee
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Belan

Does boss damage scale with "Wild Dino Damage" mulitplier?

Post#1 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:34 pm

Hello all,

I had a search here but I couldn't see any information already, does anyone know if "Wild Dino Damage" applies to bosses as well? (With server settings of 2x Wild Dino Damage will the bosses also be hitting twice as hard?)

Thanks,
Jaysee

Jaysee
Dino Tamer

Re: Does boss damage scale with "Wild Dino Damage" mulitplier?

Post#2 » Sun May 21, 2017 3:20 pm

Bump, anyone know this? I couldn't see anything on the forums or with a google search. I can test it myself but I was wondering if anyone else had tested it before?

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#3 » Sun May 21, 2017 5:27 pm

Sorry but no. If you test it out before someone else does, let us know :)

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#4 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:36 pm

Hope this helps;

Dino Damage 1x
Raptor level 1 = 15HP damage
Level 400 Spider from Level 1 Broodmother = 40HP damage
Level 1 Gorrilla Boss = 680HP damage

Dino Damage 2x
Raptor level 1 = 30HP damage
Level 400 Spider from Level 1 Broodmother = 74HP damage
Level 1 Gorrilla Boss = 1360HP damage
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Jaysee
Dino Tamer

Post#5 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:11 pm

Thanks so much Munki! With this said, it kind of makes bosses crazy hard to kill, especially easy. Is there a way to make it so the bosses don't gain the 3x damage or is this fixed? I fear we won't be able to farm element with 3x damage, they were hard enough on 2x damage!

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#6 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:14 pm

Jaysee wrote:Thanks so much Munki! With this said, it kind of makes bosses crazy hard to kill, especially easy. Is there a way to make it so the bosses don't gain the 3x damage or is this fixed? I fear we won't be able to farm element with 3x damage, they were hard enough on 2x damage!

Yes its possible to change for bosses... but you will do fine, i believe in you!
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Jaysee
Dino Tamer

Post#7 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:31 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:
Jaysee wrote:Thanks so much Munki! With this said, it kind of makes bosses crazy hard to kill, especially easy. Is there a way to make it so the bosses don't gain the 3x damage or is this fixed? I fear we won't be able to farm element with 3x damage, they were hard enough on 2x damage!

Yes its possible to change for bosses... but you will do fine, i believe in you!

On the current server settings (2x wild dino damage) we lost 16 45k HP Rexes with 650% melee on a medium Broodmother, how are we supposed to do 3x damage on hard? :(

Jaysee
Dino Tamer

Post#8 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:45 pm

I'd love to know what some other people who farmed element on the current server at 2x think about the changes?

Smurf
Dino Master
Tribe: Tribe of Smurf

Post#9 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:07 am

Jaysee wrote:I'd love to know what some other people who farmed element on the current server at 2x think about the changes?

I will chime in I can only speak for medium bosses but they are definitely doable, So far I had only done Medium brood and medium Monkey, once I knew what to do I only lost 1-2 rexes each time sometimes none. U really need to breed good rexes is my advice ours were starting at 9200 health and like 350 dam I believe. After I levelled them I got them to 1k+ dam and most were sitting on 60K health. Now keep in mind I don't have any experience in Hard so it could be a total wipe, but now with the Healing Pig it may be easier, I gues I will see next wipe.

Jaysee
Dino Tamer

Post#10 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:43 am

Smurf wrote:
Jaysee wrote:I'd love to know what some other people who farmed element on the current server at 2x think about the changes?

I will chime in I can only speak for medium bosses but they are definitely doable, So far I had only done Medium brood and medium Monkey, once I knew what to do I only lost 1-2 rexes each time sometimes none. U really need to breed good rexes is my advice ours were starting at 9200 health and like 350 dam I believe. After I levelled them I got them to 1k+ dam and most were sitting on 60K health. Now keep in mind I don't have any experience in Hard so it could be a total wipe, but now with the Healing Pig it may be easier, I gues I will see next wipe.

Thanks for the input, Smurf. I figure the devs tried to scale the bosses on easy, medium and hard as best they can, so I can't see how it's even possible to do hard when it's 3x as hard, especially for smaller tribes so there are less people to shoot/clean up adds. Has anyone done any bosses on hard before (which would have been 2x damage, now it's going to be 3x..)? We need to do them all on hard to unlock all of the Tekgrams and to get access to the hardest volcano cave now. I just don't want it to be impossible or so hard it's not worth doing.