PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Achievement issues

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Achievement issues

Post#1 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:11 am

Hi all,

Just thought I'd see if anyone else had this same trouble: Ark steam achievements. ***I'm aware the new achievements are now visible in steam so I'm hoping the entire system isn't bugged***
Last year I lost all steam achievements after I had to uninstall all ark files and re-download and install them (I can't remember when exactly, but it was during the time you unlocked the dino dossiers when you tamed/killed them, as opposed to 'finding' them in chests).

Since then I have not been able to get any of the achievements back. A Google search also just results in a lot of people saying 'yeah! I'm having the same issue!' which isn't very helpful, or people giving 'cheaty' tips on how to get them that may or may not work, and aren't really what I'm after.

With bosses, I think I didn't get those due to being in a dino saddle at the time the boss went down, as I heard that can do it (both Broodmother and ape, haven't tried with dragon). With artifacts, no clue. Got them all (legit), no achievement. Tamed up all original dinos, no achievement. Anyone got any advice?

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Re: Achievement issues

Post#2 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:24 am

I tried the artifact thing where I definitely got all of them on the island, I then heard that apparently you have to get every artifact which includes SE and Center ones. I'm unsure if it's true but would sort of make sense even if it's a pain in the ass.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#3 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:37 pm

Ragnarok wrote:I tried the artifact thing where I definitely got all of them on the island, I then heard that apparently you have to get every artifact which includes SE and Center ones. I'm unsure if it's true but would sort of make sense even if it's a pain in the ass.

-_- You're probably right.... -_- I had suspected *and hoped* that wasn't the case...

El_Jefe
Dino Tamer
Tribe: CNA

Post#4 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:58 pm

The artifact gathering achievement has been notorious for 'not working' for a very long time now, however I think the real issue may be that people still don't know exactly what is required to unlock it. I believe it requires all 8 Island surface artifacts to be gathered in 1 life/1 ark session and without removing any from inventory until all have been acquired. As for the new achievements, in classic ark fashion they have enabled the achievements in steam but the actual code required to unlock them will not be added to the game until the May 30 patch.