PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

New Rules (Player Feedback)

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Re: New Rules (Player Feedback)

Post#11 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:44 pm

If you aren't going to allow handcuffs, there's literally zero point to a hostage, as they can just free themselves.

Vbanger
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#12 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:07 pm

How? Punching yourself to death?

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#13 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:19 pm

Vbanger wrote:How? Punching yourself to death?

obviously lol

Vbanger
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#14 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:22 pm

Gotcha. It takes a while to punch yourself to death, yeah? Plus you could tranq and bloodbag them to keep them alive. I think any chances for playing the game instead is good. Otherwise it's night over.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#15 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:49 am

I know that this is possibly going to see me become someone's slavegirl, but my thoughts regarding hostages/lvl targeting is:

• Handcuffs should still be in
  • Not attacking a player <30 is a little generous. It should be an unspoken 'good sport' rule not to be a dick and take a shot at a newish lvl 20-25 player, but not an admin enforceable rule. I would imagine that most players would leave newish ones in wood/thatch alone and if global reports come in from complaining fresh spawns the larger tribes might take the chance to police the bad behaviour in-game instead of Munki having to do it.
  • The griefing/harassment rule should be enough to cater for people being dicks and not allowing someone to play, and as such caging low lvl players should still be allowed. For instance: say a new play roughly lvl 20 is being a dick to an even lower player.
  • Other tribes who get wind of them won't be able to put them in the naughty corner with this rule.

Most of these rules (for PvP) I think are good and should still be in (rules relating to griefing and harassing, and unnecessarily killing passives etc.), but on the other hand, a part of me thinks that some things shouldn't be 'rules' that are something Munki should chase up, but 'sportsman' rules that dictate how a player is seen by other s (i.e.; not great to be the guy seen as the fresh spawn killer, as you may then be targeted), especially since a lot of the issues should be covered by the griefing/harassing rules.

Anywho, just my two cents.

P.S.; I make a terrible slave, not entertaining at all or worth your time ;)

FragZed
Fresh Spawn
Tribe:

Post#16 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:00 pm

Please drop the wild dino damage from x3 back to x2.

I am dying more often than I normally would and hinders progress greatly, x3 is just a bit too high.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#17 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:22 pm

FragZed wrote:Please drop the wild dino damage from x3 back to x2.

I am dying more often than I normally would and hinders progress greatly, x3 is just a bit too high.

Actually..... i left it at 2 :roll:
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#18 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:41 pm

well currently we are allowed to cage, handcuff and place in encumbrance.

I think that's pretty crappy, no way at all of getting free. might as well allow the old scorpion boxes that you are stuck falling in forever in.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#19 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:33 am

I agree with a lot of what Builder has already said.

My feedback, for what it is worth, only applies to the PvPvE server as that is where I intend to spend my time, I leave the feedback for the other servers to those who intend to play on them.

These are suggestions only, as they stand they are a good set of rules. :mrgreen:

PvPvE Server Rules (whitelisted server)
These Rules currently apply to the following servers:
[The Island Server here]
[The Centre Server here]
[Scorched Earth Server here]

PvP:
PvP is 24/7 on this server, structure protection is enabled to prevent raiding.
Players may attack other players over the level 30 unless the low level player initiated PvP and you can kill any level sleeping player. Probably not necessary on this cluster, and it is a survival game so the bullying/harassment rules that govern all servers should cover excessive killing of low levels. I personally think over protection of low levels hinders in game character development
If a player is being hostile with a dino towards you, you have every right to defend yourself and kill that player and dino.

PvE:
Raiding bases is prohibited and prevented with no structure damage.
Dinos can still be killed during PvP but must not be touched when idle or at a base.

Passive Dinos:
You may not pick up any other tribes dinos and place them in a position to be killed.
You may not drop wild dinos into a tribe’s base.
You may tranq/knock out dinos to loot/raid, but must NOT kill them (this also means putting the unconscious dino in a position where wild animals can kill it)
Dinos left on their own are not to be touched unless aggressive.attacking you

Harassment/Griefing Rules:
You must not repeatedly target a single player when they respawn, e.g camping at their front door and killing them repeatedly as soon as they come out or exit the boundaries of their base.
Griefing is considered repeatedly harassing/killing someone over a 1 hour period and preventing them from playing.

Hostages:
Definition: someone who is restricted on leaving area (Cage, weight...)
Hostages are not to be tranq'd more than 50% (max 1hr) of the time. once caged
A hostage is to be only taken for up-to 2 hours, then must be released once the 2 hours has expired. I recommend reducing this dramatically, it is a non raid server and will attract casual and younger players who have highly restricted gaming times. 2 hours is a long time for someone who may only have a few hours to play the game. I would suggest a maximum of 10 or 15 minutes, still a long time when you physically cannot play.
You are not permitted to take the same player hostage for at-least 48 hours (but can be killed).
If the tribe who detained the prisoner all log off, they must release/kill the player.
Once you have a hostage, you are required to announce "_____ is now a hostage".. for example DrunkMunki is now a hostage..... this creates a public record of when the timer starts, failure to do this can result in a player choosing any of your dinos as compensation if the timer goes beyond2hrs (proof required by prisoner).
Handcuffs have been removed from the game.
Players below level 30 cannot be caged.

General:
Due to structure protection; you must clean up after yourself, e.g removing spikes and taming pens no longer in use, this prevents others from using the land as they cannot remove the items themselves.
Demolish timer & Dino unclaim timer?