PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Kibble Vending Machine

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Re: Kibble Vending Machine

Post#11 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:46 am

Swish wrote:I do understand your points of view but it's overwhelmingly trivial, as soon as you have a quetzal it's doing a few trips back and forth - you place the dino's in a box and poop'n'egg collector ensures you never have to see their faces again.

The mod does contain an .ini file which can lockdown the types of kibble available, would you be amenable to it only offering the kibble for imprinting?

14 types of kibble at maybe 4 of each dino = 56 idle dino's for each capable tribe.

Kibble (Ankylo Egg)
Kibble (Carbonemys Egg)
Kibble (Dilo Egg)
Kibble (Dimetrodon Egg)
Kibble (Dimorph Egg)
Kibble (Dodo Egg)
Kibble (Gallimimus Egg)
Kibble (Lystrosaurus Egg)
Kibble (Pachy Egg)
Kibble (Parasaur Egg)
Kibble (Pteranodon Egg)
Kibble (Raptor Egg)
Kibble (Stego Egg)
Kibble (Terror Bird Egg)
Kibble (Trike Egg)

collect 100 eggs then kill off or release the dinos to the wild. Once you have enough eggs for a few dinos that's it, you no longer need them around after that.

Tame nothing but < level 15 dinos and bin them when you are done.

CreeperSyn
Survivor
Tribe: Cursed Syndicate

Post#12 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:53 pm

i was for this before the wipe when the limit was introduced as im a breeder but im against it now. Not every tribe needs these dinos, it would help to promote trading to a tribe that decides to have these dinos or you loose your slots. I know on pvp you all hate one another but trading is still a thing that can happen. If you are a massive raid tribe and theres a smaller tribe looking to have a full kibble farm with less to raid you with then they arent really a threat. Otherwise tribes could have 100 high bred rex/giga/bronto/wyverns to raid with and thats pretty silly on a server with a dino limit even if it is boosted. while having such a big raid party isnt likely but they could still have 50 rexes bred to do all the bosses all the time and get tek ect. Having all the slots for raid dinos just doesnt seem like a good idea when they could all be imprinted. Yes im fairly pve myself but having one of the big ass tribes with heaps of raid dinos, all imprinted seems pretty unbalanced to me. They become throw aways when they have fridges full of eggs because they always have the kibble to hatch and the limit to hatch them.

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#13 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:36 pm

Scorched Earth Dino's require scorched earth kibble as well!

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#14 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:37 pm

Perhaps a 48 hour poll or something for people to have there say?

Yankee
Survivor
Tribe: Bandicoot

Post#15 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:06 pm

I would say no to this. Trading is essential. Raiding for kibble is viable. The vending machine would just mean people pop out some kibble for taming whatever they need at the moment. People would have a to easy time imprinting.

In saying that, can we get a mod that plays ark for us as well?

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#16 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:02 pm

Yankee wrote:I would say no to this. Trading is essential. Raiding for kibble is viable. The vending machine would just mean people pop out some kibble for taming whatever they need at the moment. People would have a to easy time imprinting.

In saying that, can we get a mod that plays ark for us as well?

lol as long as it dies to those fucking trodons for me I am in.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#17 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:17 am

Thank you for all your thoughts.
I believe this mod would make the game too easy, the environment i set it to encourage trading because you dont get all the engrams, as-well as the point of the game is the struggle, giving everything will make you level up quicker and get everything you want, but then you would have everything, and not strategise on what to do next, so some things wont have value to you as you can remake it in a few mins and get everything back.

closing topic
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net