PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Kibble Vending Machine

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Strimp
Survivor
Tribe: Goons

Kibble Vending Machine

Post#1 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:15 pm

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering what peoples opinion is on the kibble vending machine Mod. For those that have never used it I will link the mod below. My personal opinion is that it would remove the need to have all the random dinos sitting around everyone's bases. without removing the option of making kibble. I believe that this could have a positive effect on the server as it would lower the vast number of tamed dinos which in turn may reduce the lag. Please post your opinions below.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... le+vending

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: Kibble Vending Machine

Post#2 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:05 pm

Krojack 11 May @ 1:46am
Out dated. Missing a LOT of the new kibbles. I'm having to admin spawn kibble for me and my friends and in place we throw away 30 metal as if we used the machine. Just sucks when I'm not online.

looks like its not getting updated?
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#3 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:58 pm

This ones updated - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =926028694

Different mod, same purpose.

CaptainSarge
Gatherer
Tribe:

Post#4 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:59 pm

I would preffer it as im currently looking at 45 dinos just for imprinting that doesnt count ones for perfect tames ones that arnt on imprinting list my guess kibble could be in excess of 100+ another suggestion maybe munki puts up a public kibble farm and hoping there are eggs there when you went there just my opinion. :D

Lucifer
Survivor
Tribe: Whatever

Post#5 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:49 pm

Yeah something like this could save every tribe having 40+ dinos just sitting in base doing nothing but laying eggs seems good to me.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#6 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:55 pm

While i like it and it makes life easier, it sort of makes the game to easy I feel.

part of the ark experience is trade, i got all my 100% imprints by trading what I didn't have in kib for stuff.

Swish
Gatherer
Tribe: Belan

Post#7 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:51 am

I'm interested in this being deployed for the reasons others have stated, it's a simple enough matter to get the tames for kibble (imprints) but it's basically 45+ dino's I will never touch.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#8 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:21 am

Unfortunately I have to disagree with this mod, kibble is an integral part of the game and the introduction of a vending machine would deteriorate a significant amount of game play. Yes, it is a time saver and tame reducer, but with poop & egg collector :mrgreen: and the S+ gardener it is possible to have a fully automated kibble farm with only 40-50 dinos. Poop & Egg Collector :mrgreen: works while you are offline, so you merely need to tame 15 pairs of comfort food dinos, as well as dinos that you want to produce your taming kibble, and you will be set.

If you take away the need for strategic thinking and planning in this game, it loses a lot of it's challenge.

I can see this mod causing issues with logins and updates as well, we have a number of mods already.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#9 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:15 am

I was personally for this before wipe but honestly I've changed my mind. This mod belongs on times 40 servers with munkis servers atleast the starting off is still slightly challenging. With kibble table it will be too easy.

Swish
Gatherer
Tribe: Belan

Post#10 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:02 am

I do understand your points of view but it's overwhelmingly trivial, as soon as you have a quetzal it's doing a few trips back and forth - you place the dino's in a box and poop'n'egg collector ensures you never have to see their faces again.

The mod does contain an .ini file which can lockdown the types of kibble available, would you be amenable to it only offering the kibble for imprinting?

14 types of kibble at maybe 4 of each dino = 56 idle dino's for each capable tribe.

Kibble (Ankylo Egg)
Kibble (Carbonemys Egg)
Kibble (Dilo Egg)
Kibble (Dimetrodon Egg)
Kibble (Dimorph Egg)
Kibble (Dodo Egg)
Kibble (Gallimimus Egg)
Kibble (Lystrosaurus Egg)
Kibble (Pachy Egg)
Kibble (Parasaur Egg)
Kibble (Pteranodon Egg)
Kibble (Raptor Egg)