PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

To hit mark, or not to hit mark?

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

To hit mark, or not to hit mark?

Post#1 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:59 pm

Just curious here, but what are people's opinions of the damage markers not being there anymore for the pvp servers like there were last wipe? I'm fairly sure there have been other threads/discussions on this in the forum however to save me hunting down for those threads I thought I'd start a new one. I can personally see both arguments for and against, what are other people's thoughts? As it stands right now, there are no damage hit markers in the pvp cluster.

Brettis
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Christie Sims Fanclub

Re: To hit mark, or not to hit mark?

Post#2 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:27 pm

Should definitely have hitnumbers, with how buggy this game is it can be so fucking frustrating when taming etc you think you're shooting something in the head with tranqs but you're actually missing a hurtbox and doing 0 damage even when you get hitmarker and hitsound etc.

Nitephyre
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Crucifier

Post#3 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:32 pm

Ahh I wondered why I wasn't seeing any numbers compared to PVE Centre. It does make it a bit harder to tell but I guess that's part of the PVP Thing™.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#4 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:43 pm

I'm against hitmarkers personally, too easy to see people when they are trying to hiding if they have to kill a dino or whatever.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#5 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:55 pm

Ragnarok wrote:I'm against hitmarkers personally, too easy to see people when they are trying to hiding if they have to kill a dino or whatever.

Exactly the point why i disabled them.
Makes you more considerate of your surrounding, instead of following the trail of numbers.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Shmiles101
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#6 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:50 pm

I really want them back as do my tribe members to name a just a few, youre going to be found on ark no matter what with or without them. i like to see the damage my dinos that ive been raising do. as well as my character. it also helps when taming as you can see with the numbers if youre hitting or not. i feel that there are more Pros on having them then there are cons.

Can we please have a vote if its too undecided?

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#7 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:20 pm

I miss em.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#8 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:45 pm

To be honest I don't have a strong opinion either for or against, but the conversation has popped up in game a few times now which is why I thought I'd start this thread.

On the one hand I miss seeing the numbers, and that nice satisfaction of knowing just how much damage that bred rex, giga or anky is doing; or knowing if that dino you're trying to tame is actually registering the hits you're trying to put on it; or getting a warning via red or yellow numbers in the distance that something is attacking your stuff before you get the kill message. Having said that, the flip side is that if YOU'RE the one doing the attacking, you don't want the hit numbers to give your position away in a pvp environment.

I'm just curious to see other's opinions on the issue. So far the views in game have been quite split from what I can see.

Sanity
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Send Nootz

Post#9 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:46 pm

my thoughts on this is as it is a pvp server it should not be enabled, for the pve and pvpve i understand the idea of hit numbers coming up but not for pvp. as builder stated do you really want someone you're attacking/raiding to know what you're doing you cant exactly do a fake attack like tanking the front turrets while someone goes around the back, drawing your attention away, in addition it also makes you have to be more aware of what actually is going on around you. in regards to the taming "issue" i have never had a problem with that, you do not only go off the red hit marker but the dino will also make a noise when it takes a real hit it will grunt, if you pay attention to both of these you will know if your shots are or are not hitting.