PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Server lag issues

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
CaptainSarge
Gatherer
Tribe:

Server lag issues

Post#1 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:29 am

Just wondering any chance of getting lag fixed its almost unplayable ive played on outher servers before with 50+ players on and no lag where the ssds suppose too fix the problem? My guess is its the internet not hardware due too large spikes 3 ive died and 3 dinos have been killed for absolute no reason but lag and not being able too log in for a few mins due too being dced and character with that name still exists while dino getting beaten on by wilds dinos and there is absolute nothing i can but wasted my time taming that dino.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Re: Server lag issues

Post#2 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:34 am

Have you done a traceroute on your internet connection/modem Bob? I did one on mine and had 25% packet loss. Updated the firmware and now Playark is now seamless, ping of 21 and 85 fps on high graphics (1050 GPU). I am based in Brisbane.

CaptainSarge
Gatherer
Tribe:

Post#3 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:36 am

No i havnt ill try it tonight fps isnt a problem its ping i get 180 fps on epic with 2440x1440 running 1080 ti

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor

Post#4 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:03 am

That's is great FPS on epic, there was a time epic couldn't go over 60fps due to a glitch.

As stated I get very low ping from Brisbane with Tel$tra ADSL2. Prior to the server changing to Sydney I got 75+ pings

CaptainSarge
Gatherer
Tribe:

Post#5 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:08 am

I got 115mbit mine shouldnt go more than 25 but i get 180 at night island

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor

Post#6 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:48 am

Night Island up near the Lockhart in Qld or Night Island in Tasmania?

CaptainSarge
Gatherer
Tribe:

Post#7 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:47 pm

Nah the island ark map at night lol

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#8 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:50 pm

Issue isn't with the server, if it was then everyone would be getting the same issue.

Even when i see people complaining about the lag, I'm on scorched earth or the centre and see no lag and ping around 20ms... this is on a server (cluster) which is using the exact same hardware as the PvP cluster Island, where you're experiencing the lag.

The issue is with your internet, the games net code, the player tracking server side and the way the game handles saves...

Nothing else can be done unless your willing to donate $6k+ for a overclocked, liquid cooled server... Our perhaps $1k/mo for gigabit internet....
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

CaptainSarge
Gatherer
Tribe:

Post#9 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:00 pm

Yeah thats a bit expense so what are suggestion too get good ping as you said munki you get 20ms how would i achieve less than 180 at night?

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#10 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:40 pm

BobTheBuilder wrote:Yeah thats a bit expense so what are suggestion too get good ping as you said munki you get 20ms how would i achieve less than 180 at night?

Some things just cant be fixed... unless you move.
Could be your home, some interference, a routing issue from your computer to my server ...
who knows... i can only do so much, i wish i could do more but cant spend any more money on this, its up to you.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net