PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Server lag issues

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: Server lag issues

Post#11 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:43 pm

I noticed Ragnarok and The Island (PvP) was using a lot of resources, i have rearranged how the CPUs are configured and made them a higher priority... let me know how the server is?
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#12 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:28 pm

BobTheBuilder wrote:Nah the island ark map at night lol

LOL my bad

Vbanger
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#13 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:08 pm

You're not alone. I'm a total noob with computers so it could be my set-up, but I don't have the issue to this extent on any other server. Again, I don't have a clue what I'm talking about, but could it be the dino/titan spawn rate? It feels like there are at least 50% more wild dinos than I see elsewhere, certainly more titans. I keep trying the PvP server but eventually I have to rage-vacation elsewhere. I'm in Tassie so maybe a Brissie server is just something I haven't had to reach before - often hitting 200 ping.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#14 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:23 pm

Vbanger wrote:I'm in Tassie so maybe a Brissie server is just something I haven't had to reach before - often hitting 200 ping.

Both the PvP and PvPvE servers are in Sydney, the PvE server is in Brisbane
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Milhouse
Dino Master
Tribe: Floogals

Post#15 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:01 pm

I was having issues this morning with having high ping 255+. I wasnt losing any packets at all and nothing was running the background of the pc. so idk whats going on. im open for suggestions lol.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#16 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:02 pm

Island has been running far more smoothly tonight since the changes.

CaptainSarge
Gatherer
Tribe:

Post#17 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:59 am

Could be telstra seems too run smooth through wtfast

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#18 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:26 am

I am based in semi rural outside Brisbane, and my ADSL2 speeds are irregular at best.

On Munki's Sydney servers, without WTFast (which I do use) I get pings of 20ms and no rubberbanding.

The issue is your internet and networking commands.

Your ISP has an obligation to you to provide a service for whatever function you connected for, so long as it is lawful.

When Ark was released I had all sorts of dramas but I pay Tel$tra for a service, so I rang them daily to sort out my connection as gaming is one of my hobbies. They even replaced my incoming phone line from house to pole free of charge to sort it out.

Ring your ISP and have your connections checked, thats what you pay them for.

Milhouse
Dino Master
Tribe: Floogals

Post#19 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:15 am

seems to be a lot better this morning the game was actually playable which is amazing

Arky
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Prehistoric

Post#20 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:05 pm

The last few days were bad for me too, rubberbanding all over the place yesterday especially, got DC'd a couple times and stuck with that your account is already logged in thing, but today its smooth as pie. Maybe the CPU shuffle Munki did sorted it out?
My connection certainly isnt brilliant, but when i joined a week ago, my ping (im in metro Sydney) to the Brissy server was about 50, then after the server was moved to Sydney is went out to 120 to 200 ping, especially the last day or two back down to 40 today and is much better play ability. Im pretty cockeyed anyway, but i could barely hit a rock straight yesterday :lol:

<3
ARKY