PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

the ORP2 changes are bad

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

the ORP2 changes are bad

Post#1 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:06 pm

Well Munki I just don't know what's what now...

Are you really handing the servers over to the alphas to offline raid everyone, for real?

10X damage will simply ruin it. The only saving grace for ORP2 was that it was set at 50X. Now I am sure to log back in to find the same old "alpha" players have wipe raided the lot as will lots of others. 10x 3 c4 or 5 rockets for walls and doors means sweet fuck all for the people that we already know are addicted to offline raiding.

If you want more donations this is not the way to go.

If you want a growing player base this is not the way to go.

You have basically made it no mans land online or offline with this change. believe me making mass amounts of explosives as a single player is easy enough, let alone tribes of 6 slamming out literal thousands. OPR2 will be nothing more than a waste of time now.

You said settings would evolve in the future based on player feedback. Well so far the only feedback on OPR2 has been it's not working that great for everyone so far and your answer is to nerf it 5x

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: the ORP2 changes are bad

Post#2 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:37 pm

WOW, you complain a lot about a server you dont play on!

its a PvP raiding server, dont like it dont play on it ... there are 4 maps to play on within that environment.
at this moment there are 43 people on that cluster ...
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor

Post#3 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:14 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:WOW, you complain a lot about a server you dont play on!

its a PvP raiding server, dont like it dont play on it ... there are 4 maps to play on within that environment.
at this moment there are 43 people on that cluster ...

I moved begrudgingly being left with no real option. This new change is even less desirable. The only thing it does is make offline raiding more likely the norm.

Even you can see that?

Milhouse
Dino Master
Tribe: Floogals

Post#4 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:26 am

King_Kiff wrote:Well Munki I just don't know what's what now...

Are you really handing the servers over to the alphas to offline raid everyone, for real?

10X damage will simply ruin it. The only saving grace for ORP2 was that it was set at 50X. Now I am sure to log back in to find the same old "alpha" players have wipe raided the lot as will lots of others. 10x 3 c4 or 5 rockets for walls and doors means sweet fuck all for the people that we already know are addicted to offline raiding.

If you want more donations this is not the way to go.

If you want a growing player base this is not the way to go.

You have basically made it no mans land online or offline with this change. believe me making mass amounts of explosives as a single player is easy enough, let alone tribes of 6 slamming out literal thousands. OPR2 will be nothing more than a waste of time now.

You said settings would evolve in the future based on player feedback. Well so far the only feedback on OPR2 has been it's not working that great for everyone so far and your answer is to nerf it 5x

It is still a better option then offical servers and honestly its all part of the game. If you didnt make yourself such a target it wouldnt be as bad. Most of the challenge for PvP is making sure everything survives while your offline anyways. I expect to be raided at some point and lose my items but so be it the gathering rates on this server are high enough so it isnt much of an issue anyways.

Brettis
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Christie Sims Fanclub

Post#5 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:58 am

It seems you might be better suited to pve mate

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#6 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:45 am

Another Kiff winge.

You continually put forward opinions only help YOU as a player. You want to live in this fantasy server that caters to single player tribes where you cannot be touched.

As a wise Munki once told me "this is a survival game". If you are not online to survive then dont play a survival game.

You have barely been online in the past two weeks to create a base which is worthy of being called defensible. Instead of running your mouth about this game not being fair, how about you play quietly, make some friends and join a larger tribe. Or alternatively go and join the PVPVE server.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor

Post#7 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:06 am

Stick wrote:Another Kiff winge.

You continually put forward opinions only help YOU as a player. You want to live in this fantasy server that caters to single player tribes where you cannot be touched.

As a wise Munki once told me "this is a survival game". If you are not online to survive then dont play a survival game.

You have barely been online in the past two weeks to create a base which is worthy of being called defensible. Instead of running your mouth about this game not being fair, how about you play quietly, make some friends and join a larger tribe. Or alternatively go and join the PVPVE server.

You mean I jumped over to the whitelist so I'm not playing the game simply to be you and the others raid bitch every time you see fit and most likely now offline again.

I'm not the only one that has expressed this opinion and remember that dozen or so regular posters on these forums only make up like 3% of the total registered population. Stop acting so high and mighty, I'm giving feedback and in a polite way to. The only other feedback on the system other than mine is negative so far and in response it got nerfed to pretty much uselessness.

I see this change as pandering to those like you that love to offline raiding people. Simple as that. Its not a change that benefits the community at all. Just a small part of the community that is often the cause of it shrinking. I can see you guys bitching and moaning that you can never raid who you want due to them not being on the same times as you and now its been nerfed to suit your play style.

As for not playing on that server cluster, I would and did when the settings where right. Now they are not, simple as that, it's called feedback.

You can stick (get it a pun) you hands over your ears and go lalalalalalala all you like but in the end anyone that gets their base raided hard while offline with ORP2 in use will leave. Simply as that, if the system is set up and it doesn't do what it is supposed to do i.e. OFFLINE RAID PROTECTION, then the major drawcard of playing on the server with it on is removed.

Please try and keep it civil, I have made good points and I'm not attacking anyone personally either.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor

Post#8 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:11 am

Brettis wrote:It seems you might be better suited to pve mate

Not going to refute any points of argument? Again I already am on the whitelist. I refuse to put all my time into the game just to be offline raided, or face being smashed every time I log. I check my ORP log, you guys visit my orb like 600 times a day there at one point. I bet I log on and talk in chat and BAM, raids on. pretty much zero point in playing.

Tell me the truth, how long until you guys go on a big offline raid binge? Be truthful, I know its coming and I know you lot here will be a major part of it.

This changes simply allows offline raiding for large tribes but locks smaller tribes away from it due to not being able to make x10 the raid gear. Where as you guys will do that with ease and are probably prepping for it now.

Weather we get along personally or not is irrelevant, much the same as mine and others choice to play solo is irrelevant.

The only relevant thing is that this change allows large tribes to offline raid people, simple as that.

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#9 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:14 am

King_Kiff wrote:
Stick wrote:Another Kiff winge.

You mean I jumped over to the whitelist so I'm not playing the game simply to be you and the others raid bitch every time you see fit and most likely now offline again.

I'm not the only one that has expressed this opinion and remember that dozen or so regular posters on these forums only make up like 3% of the total registered population. Stop acting so high and mighty, I'm giving feedback and in a polite way to. The only other feedback on the system other than mine is negative so far and in response it got nerfed to pretty much uselessness.

I see this change as pandering to those like you that love to offline raiding people. Simple as that. Its not a change that benefits the community at all. Just a small part of the community that is often the cause of it shrinking. I can see you guys bitching and moaning that you can never raid who you want due to them not being on the same times as you and now its been nerfed to suit your play style.

As for not playing on that server cluster, I would and did when the settings where right. Now they are not, simple as that, it's called feedback.

You can stick (get it a pun) you hands over your ears and go lalalalalalala all you like but in the end anyone that gets their base raided hard while offline with ORP2 in use will leave. Simply as that, if the system is set up and it doesn't do what it is supposed to do i.e. OFFLINE RAID PROTECTION, then the major drawcard of playing on the server with it on is removed.

Please try and keep it civil, I have made good points and I'm not attacking anyone personally either.

Yawn, I haven't offline raided anyone in a very long time and prefer to online raid.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor

Post#10 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:15 am

Stick wrote:
King_Kiff wrote:
Stick wrote:snip

Yawn, I haven't offline raided anyone in a very long time and prefer to online raid.

well congrats on your growth, but others will.

you could have put more effort in refuting my argument that that could you not?

yawn...