PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Possible solution to missed imprints on smaller dinos

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Bluebaron
Survivor
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Possible solution to missed imprints on smaller dinos

Post#1 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:48 am

After i missed the only imprint on my Troodons before reaching full maturity by over 13 minutes i was thinking perhaps having 1or2 maps with a different imprint timers for dinos that would be missing out on imprints.

As it is larger dinos on the island are perfect like fluffy Rexe's, Rexe's, Quetz's, Giga's. However Troodons, shoulder mounts and other smaller dinos will not be able to get imprints or complete imprints.

Would it be possible to set up a different imprint timer on one or two of the maps and if so would anyone else be on board with this idea as well as which map would be the best for the different timers maybe a vote would be a good idea?

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Re: Possible solution to missed imprints on smaller dinos

Post#2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:12 pm

*bump*

I would be up for this if enabled.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#3 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:53 pm

im happy to change it, but would like to know what to change it to.
below are the current settings:

Code: Select all

MatingIntervalMultiplier=1.0
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=10.0
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=5.0
BabyImprintingStatScaleMultiplier=5.0
BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier=0.60
BabyCuddleGracePeriodMultiplier=1
BabyCuddleLoseImprintQualitySpeedMultiplier=1
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Builder
Ultimate Survivor

Post#4 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:11 pm

This might help:

Post from user "crepemyrtlesl": https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/d ... 688514105/

It's not about lucky. It's about spending time to calculate to get that 100% imprinting. I have set mine as 0.25 cuddle interval, not 0.1. On the 6th imprinting, which I reached 100%, I still have 10 minutes left, which gave me another 53 minutes to take care. Of course, I can't imprint anymore as I have reached 100%.

You can see it in this post I made earlier, Interactive Baby Raising .

Initial - 44 minutes
2nd - 55 minutes and 57 seconds, 18.5% imprint
3rd - 52 minutes and 57 seconds, 18.5%
4th - 50 minutes, 18.5%
5th - 59 minutes, 18.5%
6th - 54 minutes, 18.5%
7th - 58 minutes, 7.5%

For those people who can tweak their server settings, here's what you can do. Only tweak these multipliers, BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier and BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier. Depending on your mature multiplier, makes sure you have enough time to cuddle your baby.

Assuming you are going to birth direwolf (which I will be doing later and I will make screenshots as I imprint) and you have BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier = 15 and BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier = 0.10 (between 18 minutes (1080 seconds) and 24 minutes (1440 seconds)), the maturation duration is 3 hours, 14 minutes, and 55 seconds (11,695.866 seconds). I like using average, so the mid number between 18 minutes and 24 minutes will be 21 minutes (1260 seconds). So let's use that to find out how many imprinting you get. We will get about ~9.282433 imprints so you will get approximately 11.5% imprinting for 8 imprints and the last imprint will be 8%.

With my argentavis breeding, here's how I calculated it.
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier = 10
BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier = 0.25 (between 45 minutes (2600 seconds) and 60 minutes (3600 seconds))
Maturation duration at 10 x = 5 hours, 26 minutes, and 47 seconds (19,607.80 seconds)
Average cuddle = 52.5 minutes (3150 seconds)
Imprint count ~ 6.2247
Approximate imprint % ~ 18.75%

As you can see above, a lot of calculations, plus a lot of breeding testing I have done since they released this new mechanism. It's all hit and miss, but eventually, I got the calculation done.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor

Post#5 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:15 pm

I should add however, that the above post is cut-paste from another thread and from when I did my own testing a while ago, messing w settings like this can be awesome for some dinos as Blue has pointed out earlier, but screw others. I haven't yet done a recent muck around on sp to determine what these multiplier effects would have. When I do, I can give more info. As it is, I should warn you that the above settings will be sweet for things like argys, but may make it impossible for 100% imprinting or even any decent imprinting on other types of dinos.

Bluebaron
Survivor
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#6 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:22 pm

I am unsure how much of a change would be the needed to fix ths however I'm am pretty certain that if "BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier=0.60" is lowered that would fix it as most smaller dinos only get missed by around 12-18 minutes so changing it to 0.40 or 0.50 should do it.