PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Taming Rates

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Taming Rates

Post#1 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:41 pm

Ok, i dont know if im confused or others are...
I have had a few people point out the taming multiplier is wrong, below is the current multiplier;

PvE:
TamingSpeedMultiplier=2.500000 (5x)
DinoCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier=0.700000

PvP:
TamingSpeedMultiplier=5.000000 (10x)
DinoCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier=1.000000

PvPvE:
TamingSpeedMultiplier=4.000000 (8x)
DinoCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier=1.000000

Can you let me know if this is correct or some things need to be changed?
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Smurf
Dino Master
Tribe: Tribe of Smurf

Re: Taming Rates

Post#2 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:53 pm

As for the whitelist I can confirm that its only taming at 4x the speed. I have tested on both Dodoex and SA companion and it always ends up being on the 4x taming with the timing.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#3 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:55 pm

A while ago official doubled all the rates for everything apart from breeding. So you used to get one stone from picking up a stone on vanilla, these days you get 2 on official. On the pvp cluster you have 10 times harvest rates listed but you actually only get ten stones per stone you pick up meaning that we are actually playing on times 5 current official rate. I believe it is the same with taming it's 10 times original taming speed not 10 times the current. To my knowledge the only thing that does have the right speed written down currently is the baby maturation speed as that is actually 10 times current official values. But obviously this all comes down to the individual personally I follow new official values as the real values while others use the old values as the true values. This does seem to cause a lot of confusion. However if someones complaining about taming speed and harvesting rates at the current rates perhaps they should find a new game. The rates are perfect imo currently.

Smurf
Dino Master
Tribe: Tribe of Smurf

Post#4 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:02 pm

Easiest way for Munki to check is load up a Taming app set the settings and tame something. With that being said taming isn't all that bad at its current rate it only hurts when u don't have the proper food i.e berries.

Salty_Bulldog
Gatherer
Tribe: Bulldog Brewing Co

Post#5 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:22 pm

Ragnarok wrote:A while ago official doubled all the rates for everything apart from breeding. So you used to get one stone from picking up a stone on vanilla, these days you get 2 on official. On the pvp cluster you have 10 times harvest rates listed but you actually only get ten stones per stone you pick up meaning that we are actually playing on times 5 current official rate. I believe it is the same with taming it's 10 times original taming speed not 10 times the current. To my knowledge the only thing that does have the right speed written down currently is the baby maturation speed as that is actually 10 times current official values. But obviously this all comes down to the individual personally I follow new official values as the real values while others use the old values as the true values. This does seem to cause a lot of confusion. However if someones complaining about taming speed and harvesting rates at the current rates perhaps they should find a new game. The rates are perfect imo currently.

Ragnarock is correct.

10x is actually 5x the current official (which was doubled from what it was at launch).

I also agree the rates are perfect as is. Fast enough to be fun, but doesn't make it ridiculously quick.

TheExWife
Survivor
Tribe: Sonz

Post#6 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:29 am

I think people just read it wrong. They either don't know that the tame rate was half what it was on officials. So when they see 10x they are going off the new taming speed. While it is 10x the old speed, it is 5x the new official speed as for a coupe days or whatever when officials updated the servers we were on like 20x gather and tame hahaha

Beowulf
Dino Tamer
Tribe: The Fellowship

Post#7 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:08 am

So to confirm rates we use in dodex (PvPvE whitelist server)

Last edited by Beowulf on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beowulf
Dino Tamer
Tribe: The Fellowship

Post#8 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:34 am

Ragnarok wrote:A while ago official doubled all the rates for everything apart from breeding.

This happened in about January I believe.

Ragnarok wrote:personally I follow new official values as the real values while others use the old values as the true values. This does seem to cause a lot of confusion.

I don't see why anyone would use 'old' early access game rates now that ark is officially released. The current official rates are the standard.

The actual rates themselves are fine but I think people just need the actual numbers to use for gaming apps. Eg what values to type in dodex app