PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

ORP changes

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
KorpseGrinda
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Powerpuff boys

Re: ORP changes

Post#31 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:43 pm

This thread reminds me of high school.

Based on the excuses above, it seems pretty obvious that at least Gambit (not sure about his tribe) has no interest in letting new players build up. Can't force him, but at least we can see the issue now.

Myself, am all for letting new players build up and let the cluster grow. And I think most of us can use reasonable judgement and bring back the population.

Edit: meant whole thread not the post
Last edited by KorpseGrinda on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#32 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:46 pm

I agree that I think the main issue comes down to the larger players using reasonable judgement in who they hit, in assisting the community to grow. I don't think it should be an admin enforceable rule that wood/stone bases should be left alone, because I agree that there may be some players that abuse that by building solely out of stone and wood and then crying, "but I was only in stone/wood! You broke the rules by attacking me!" Even though I find this highly unlikely, as those tribes would be marked as cowards and targeted in other ways most likely, the possibility of this abuse existing is why I don't think it should be a 'rule'. There are many variables that can hinder this and people are always out to exploit what they can to get ahead. It will only give Munki more headaches.

Because of this, it should really just come down to judgement from the larger tribes. If you see a tribe you're unfamiliar with that is in a 4x4 stone base with a raptor, trike and couple of pteras, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to deduce that there's a high chance that they're a new player and not worth hitting (don't have loot better than what you currently have). If however that same tribe has been on the server for a while and is active, then there is a higher chance that taking a peak into that stone base might find a metal core with decent loot inside. Developed tribes that are hitting smaller stone/wood bases on the off chance that they MAY have good loot, is what is contributing to driving some players away. It's obviously different if that smaller tribe started something with that larger tribe, but I'm not talking about those situations.

At the moment the only way I've been trying to combat this issue is to help out newer players where I can, offer a 'safe' (ish) place in the south with communal forges/chem bench/smithy/crafting station etc. for a new player (or player who lost their gear in a raid) to make stuff for themselves and get a flier, and to remind smaller/newer players that it's in their best interest to leave things like smithys/forges/certain boxes etc. unlocked inside their bases so that raiders are not forced to destroy it just to check what's in there. I know that when I see loot I'm not interested in, I leave it. If I'm forced to destroy the box/smithy etc. then all I can do is MAYBE leave a box nearby and fill it with the stuff so it doesn't despawn. But that comes down to time, the pvp I'm encountering and a variety of other factors which results in raiders not usually doing that. Not all smaller players leave their gear unlocked inside their bases, which results in their gear being destroyed which makes it harder for them to recover from a raid, but if the 'alpha' tribes in the cluster at least move their attention from these kinds of players, it'll hopefully reduce the frequency of it happening. For this cluster to grow, players need to be going for targets closer to their tier more often than what we are currently seeing.

I'm tired and hungry so not sure if this rambling has made much sense but eh :lol:

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#33 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:27 pm

Is the Magic Timer for ORP turned on?

It could be the answer, as it times the ORP2 engagement relative to the defense level of the base.

Sure, established tribes could hide in a 2 x 2 thatch to have ORP 2 engage instantly, but good luck when online.....

ORP2 Magic Timer

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#34 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:56 pm

DattoSSS wrote:Is the Magic Timer for ORP turned on?

It could be the answer, as it times the ORP2 engagement relative to the defense level of the base.

Sure, established tribes could hide in a 2 x 2 thatch to have ORP 2 engage instantly, but good luck when online.....

ORP2 Magic Timer

This looks interesting. And would assist in filtering out the issue of some tribes 'combat logging' when a raid defense isn't going their way. However, even though this might be the solution to some of the problem, there are still some areas that come down to player's choices and play styles.

Dylz
Survivor
Tribe: The Kings

Post#35 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:04 am

KorpseGrinda wrote:This thread reminds me of high school.

Based on the excuses above, it seems pretty obvious that at least Gambit (not sure about his tribe) has no interest in letting new players build up. Can't force him, but at least we can see the issue now.

Myself, am all for letting new players build up and let the cluster grow. And I think most of us can use reasonable judgement and bring back the population.

This post is quite ironic as i could've sworn you and your tribe members were raiding on day 1. :roll:

Muddy
Dino Master
Tribe: A.E.S

Post#36 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:20 am

This thread sums up why i don't miss Ark ;)

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#37 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:47 am

Dylz wrote:

This post is quite ironic as i could've sworn you and your tribe members were raiding on day 1. :roll:

Your tribe and Allies keep missing the point. We are here to talk about EXCESSIVE raiding of SMALL tribes resulting in new rules being put in place and loss of players.

Im not quite sure how much more clear this could have been made.

The difference between our tribe and Dothraki is that we genuinely think about the consequences of our raids and what it will do to the community. We dont raid for loot as we have everything, we play the game and dont rely on others hard work to get us further in the game.

If Dothraki and allies are still confused about what we are trying to achieve please respond here, if you want to talk about the 4 or 5 raids we have taken part in, please leave it out of the thread as it provides no solution and just makes you look like a salty hotdog.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#38 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:23 am

Muddy wrote:This thread sums up why i don't miss Ark ;)

The whitelisted server is for you Muddy 8-)

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#39 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:28 am

DattoSSS wrote:
Muddy wrote:This thread sums up why i don't miss Ark ;)

The whitelisted server is for you Muddy 8-)

Even I might come over Datto, seems to be where the intelligent people play :lol:

Dylz
Survivor
Tribe: The Kings

Post#40 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:00 pm

Stick wrote:
Dylz wrote:

Your tribe and Allies keep missing the point. We are here to talk about EXCESSIVE raiding of SMALL tribes resulting in new rules being put in place and loss of players.

Im not quite sure how much more clear this could have been made.

The difference between our tribe and Dothraki is that we genuinely think about the consequences of our raids and what it will do to the community. We dont raid for loot as we have everything, we play the game and dont rely on others hard work to get us further in the game.

If Dothraki and allies are still confused about what we are trying to achieve please respond here, if you want to talk about the 4 or 5 raids we have taken part in, please leave it out of the thread as it provides no solution and just makes you look like a salty hotdog.

I was just picking up on a false statement from your tribe member.
But to be honest i don't understand what the point of this thread is for, You just seem to not like one specific players play style?
As your trying to accuse this player of killing the player pop i honestly quit after seeing your tribe own level 700+ dinos which is unobtainable legitimately.