PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

ORP changes

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
KorpseGrinda
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Powerpuff boys

Re: ORP changes

Post#41 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Dylz wrote:
KorpseGrinda wrote:This thread reminds me of high school.

Based on the excuses above, it seems pretty obvious that at least Gambit (not sure about his tribe) has no interest in letting new players build up. Can't force him, but at least we can see the issue now.

Myself, am all for letting new players build up and let the cluster grow. And I think most of us can use reasonable judgement and bring back the population.

Edit: meant whole thread not the post

This post is quite ironic as i could've sworn you and your tribe members were raiding on day 1. :roll:

No irony here, I didn't think this was so hard to understand, but I suppose it explains a great deal.

Here is a summary for you that are a little slow to understand. LARGE ESTABLISHED tribes are wiping out SMALL UNESTABLISHED tribes for no gain.

You may be salty that we have targeted you at some point but day 1 raids or performing small skirmishes on Belan (2nd largest tribe on our map) has not caused the server pop to drop and is not relevant to the issue.

There is nothing wrong with raiding, this is a PVP. But it's not rocket science to understand the consequences of raiding every wood, thatch and stone base on the server just because you can. If we want the population to grow then all of the big tribes need to work at this goal and let tribes grow and enjoy the game and the servers Munki lets us all play on.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#42 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:18 pm

OMG this seems like one of my threads HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!

But when I said lowering the ORP2 was bad at the time you all attacked me with ad hominem bullshit.

Now guess what, you have offline raiding even though you have offline raid protection. The main reason I refuse to play the PVP cluster. Also the main reason the servers are again in decline... Won't be long before it's the same old crew and donations all but dry up.

I'll save you the "I told you so"... No wait I'm an asshat, I TOLD YOU SO!

Up the ORP2 but up to something that actually does "offline raid protection" i.e. 50x-100x and at least it will work in that respect.

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#43 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:25 pm

Munki can you please rename the thread to "Please tell us about the time Powerpuff boys raided you" :lol:

For anyone reading this that has no idea whats going on.

Theres an alpha sized tribe who have been raiding multiple low level players/bases. I wanted him banned as its been happening for far too long.

All of the responses are from other alpha (or previous alpha) sized tribes complaining about old raids that have nothing to do with the topic and venting themselves in a public forum like children.

Lock this crap.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor

Post#44 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:34 pm

Remmember when I posted this stick;

"Well Munki I just don't know what's what now...

Are you really handing the servers over to the alphas to offline raid everyone, for real?

10X damage will simply ruin it. The only saving grace for ORP2 was that it was set at 50X. Now I am sure to log back in to find the same old "alpha" players have wipe raided the lot as will lots of others. 10x 3 c4 or 5 rockets for walls and doors means sweet fuck all for the people that we already know are addicted to offline raiding.

If you want more donations this is not the way to go.

If you want a growing player base this is not the way to go.

You have basically made it no mans land online or offline with this change. believe me making mass amounts of explosives as a single player is easy enough, let alone tribes of 6 slamming out literal thousands. OPR2 will be nothing more than a waste of time now.

You said settings would evolve in the future based on player feedback. Well so far the only feedback on OPR2 has been it's not working that great for everyone so far and your answer is to nerf it 5x
"

All you gave me was shit...

Now all you are saying is "Ban Gambit even though he hasn't broken any rules" I warned you all about people addicted to offline raiding. Even before it happened to me I was telling you all it would go this way. But no, no, no, you made it seem like it was all about me and nothing about growing the community.

I say suffer in your jocks and enjoy your empty servers. Your general BS has come and backfired on ya.

Keep it up Gambit, raid fucking everyone and do it hard. If the rules allow it push it all the way.

Dylz
Survivor
Tribe: The Kings

Post#45 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:39 pm

KorpseGrinda wrote:
Dylz wrote:
KorpseGrinda wrote:This thread reminds me of high school.

Based on the excuses above, it seems pretty obvious that at least Gambit (not sure about his tribe) has no interest in letting new players build up. Can't force him, but at least we can see the issue now.

Myself, am all for letting new players build up and let the cluster grow. And I think most of us can use reasonable judgement and bring back the population.

Edit: meant whole thread not the post

This post is quite ironic as i could've sworn you and your tribe members were raiding on day 1. :roll:

No irony here, I didn't think this was so hard to understand, but I suppose it explains a great deal.

Here is a summary for you that are a little slow to understand. LARGE ESTABLISHED tribes are wiping out SMALL UNESTABLISHED tribes for no gain.

You may be salty that we have targeted you at some point but day 1 raids or performing small skirmishes on Belan (2nd largest tribe on our map) has not caused the server pop to drop and is not relevant to the issue.

There is nothing wrong with raiding, this is a PVP. But it's not rocket science to understand the consequences of raiding every wood, thatch and stone base on the server just because you can. If we want the population to grow then all of the big tribes need to work at this goal and let tribes grow and enjoy the game and the servers Munki lets us all play on.

But it's not a "LARGE ESTABLISHED tribe" if it's just one player doing the raiding which is what is being stated over and over again in this forum.
You honestly don't expect one player to go and solo raid a big metal turreted base do you? I mean yeah, Last wipe had its stupidly easy ways to breech into a base (which since has been patched).
I'm not salty at all, i mean the last time your tribe and 2 allied tribes tried to raid my 2 man tribe yous failed and half of yous got banned for breaking the rules so i don't understand why yous are complaining about one player not breaking any rules.
End of the day the server has 10x gathering rate, It's really not hard to build up, I know this for a fact as i was basically playing solo this wipe as my tribe members weren't a fan of the changes that have been made to the servers.
Did people honestly think there wasn't going to be any changes by having clusters and orp2 added?
I was against both being added and i even stated my opinion in game to Munki that changing orp from 50x down to 10x wasn't a wise move.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor

Post#46 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:43 pm

Either munki deleted it or you removed it because you saw how stupid you looked.

But in response to "we would offline raid you even if it was X200 Kiffy"

That goes to show what type of A typical cancer you are. You do it yourself but want Gambit banned for it.

Enjoy being the cancer...

Munki I think Stick needs a forced holiday for a bit.

Stick
Veteran

Post#47 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:52 pm

Dylz wrote:
KorpseGrinda wrote:
Dylz wrote:This post is quite ironic as i could've sworn you and your tribe members were raiding on day 1. :roll:

But it's not a "LARGE ESTABLISHED tribe" if it's just one player doing the raiding which is what is being stated over and over again in this forum.
You honestly don't expect one player to go and solo raid a big metal turreted base do you? I mean yeah, Last wipe had its stupidly easy ways to breech into a base (which since has been patched).
I'm not salty at all, i mean the last time your tribe and 2 allied tribes tried to raid my 2 man tribe yous failed and half of yous got banned for breaking the rules so i don't understand why yous are complaining about one player not breaking any rules.
End of the day the server has 10x gathering rate, It's really not hard to build up, I know this for a fact as i was basically playing solo this wipe as my tribe members weren't a fan of the changes that have been made to the servers.
Did people honestly think there wasn't going to be any changes by having clusters and orp2 added?
I was against both being added and i even stated my opinion in game to Munki that changing orp from 50x down to 10x wasn't a wise move.

Ill forget for a moment that you couldnt help yourself again by mentioning a previous raid and respond to the half relevant section and explain to you again what you are missing.

Whilst we dont expect players to raid beyond their means, we do expect people to be conscious of their decisions. If you cant raid a metal base then dont raid it, that doesn't give someone an excuse to go on a rampage and blow into any and every base thats an easy target. Most of these players are new, it takes time for them to understand and build in the game, what takes us 1 day may take 10 for a new player.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor

Post#48 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:54 pm

Stick wrote:
Dylz wrote:
KorpseGrinda wrote:
SNIP.

Oh you what you say is what goes now is it? Your idea of how the game should be played should be rule should it? Your call to have some banned should be heeded because you say so?

You have no argument here.

In reality if the munk wants more players he'll up the ORP2 to x200 times or simply make ZERO damage whilst offline. Simple as that. Anything else is pandering in one way or another to offline raiding. Exactly what I said a few months ago that you attacked me for then and what you are calling for by proxie now.

Stick
Veteran

Post#49 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:57 pm

:roll:

Dylz
Survivor
Tribe: The Kings

Post#50 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:01 pm

Stick wrote:
Dylz wrote:
KorpseGrinda wrote:

Ill forget for a moment that you couldnt help yourself again by mentioning a previous raid and respond to the half relevant section and explain to you again what you are missing.

Whilst we dont expect players to raid beyond their means, we do expect people to be conscious of their decisions. If you cant raid a metal base then dont raid it, that doesn't give someone an excuse to go on a rampage and blow into any and every base thats an easy target. Most of these players are new, it takes time for them to understand and build in the game, what takes us 1 day may take 10 for a new player.

I only brought it up as i was being accused of being "salty" and that was the last interaction i've had from your tribe.

Well herb island was a great spot that new players could go to and learn how to play and not be raided until a large tribe convinced Munki to allow them to build on it.