PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

ORP changes

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Jaysee
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Belan

Re: ORP changes

Post#11 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:15 pm

Stick, for the past 4 days straight, you and most of your tribe have offline raided my 2 player tribe constantly while we are both at work or asleep. This has been constant and bizarre just how much motivation you seem to have to grief us, with one of your tribe members stating several times that they are just doing this to grief us. I haven't bothered to mention anything to Munki, because I don't want to be a pain, but I welcome these ORP changes that make it more difficult for you (Stick), El Jefe (FAIZE), Hellz (Hell Returnz), Bubbles (Crimson Astrate), and KorpseGrinder (Skunk Fart) as seen from logs, from constantly hitting a 2 member tribe nonstop while they are offline.

I wouldn't have a problem with the old ORP system if your tribe was not so relentless, spending hours each day (as seen from Tribe logs) offline raiding us early in the morning, or during work hours, when we are not around to do anything about it. The destruction of 150+ turrets, and several structures every day, then having us rebuild them only for you to do the same thing again the next day, is only allowing us to play to rebuild defences you knock down, without ability to do anything else in the game. Surely the amount of time you and your tribe devote to this bizarre grief of us is as boring for you as it is for us?

Last edited by Jaysee on Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#12 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Gambit wrote:Keep in mind the only "big raid" we've attempted this wipe was ONLINE against Gypsy Vikings.

You still dont get the problem do you? Its the countless offline raids that kill our server pop

Stick
Veteran

Post#13 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:30 pm

Jaysee wrote:Stick, for the past 4 days straight, you and most of your tribe have offline raided my 2 player tribe constantly while we are both at work or asleep. This has been constant and bizarre just how much motivation you seem to have to grief us, with one of your tribe members stating several times that they are just doing this to grief us. I haven't bothered to mention anything to Munki, because I don't want to be a pain, but I welcome these ORP changes that make it more difficult for you (Stick), El Jefe (FAIZE), Hellz (Hell Returnz), Bubbles (Crimson Astrate), and KorpseGrinder (Skunk Fart) as seen from logs, from constantly hitting a 2 member tribe nonstop while they are offline. I wouldn't have a problem with the old ORP system if your tribe was not so relentless, spending hours each day (as seen from Tribe logs) offline raiding us early in the morning, or during work hours, when we are not around to do anything about it. The destruction of 150+ turrets, and several structures every day, then having us rebuild them only for you to do the same thing again the next day, is only allowing us to play to rebuild defences you knock down, without ability to do anything else in the game. Surely the amount of time you and your tribe devote to this bizarre grief of us is as boring for you as it is for us?

Just so everybody is clear, this is about orp and the reason it has been implemented. Please dont come on here and constantly mention the SAME offline raid. Your base would be impossible to online raid, its a combination of having an alpha sized base but the main reason it has been offlined is because your in a cave that does NOT produce 6x damage. This gives you a HUGE advantage and we made the decision to slowly hack at it. Im not going to say this is unfair that you have built in what is not considered a cave or bitch and whinge, it just has to be offline raided. Its simple.

Every tribe that has raided is guilty of offline raids, im not here to defend this so please have a whinge elsewhere or talk to me directly.

So can I pull everybody's heads back to what caused Munki to do this? "As I have seen too many smaller tribes being raided by the larger ones, ORP2 structure protection will remain at 50x until i see a change in player behaviour."

It would be silly for me not to point out the tribe that is causing the above rule change, if you are not aware of who this tribe is, its Dothraki. If you want proof Im sure Munki would be willing to provide any details if Dothraki agrees.

Stick
Veteran

Post#14 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Sanity wrote:Honestly stick, for a moment you had a bit of a message there, but it got lost when your post turned into more of a witch hunt on getting a certain person banned for what exactly i'm not even sure, everyone has been offline raiding since it went down to x10, you cannot deny that you and your tribe have done exactly that aswell, infact i cant even think of a single online raid you have even attempted if you can please enlighten me. you cannot place blame on a single person for something that happens through the entire server, people offline raid because it is more convenient and you are usually guaranteed to make profit on it, its how the game works and always will be, the increase back to x50 is an amazing thing, sure you can still offline but the resource cost is increased substantially so that it isn't as worth it to do it and you actually have to PVP on a PVP server instead of PVofflineBase.

I agree with what your saying Sanity and have outlined half of your concerns in my last post, if I was as uninformed as you are about whats causing the issue I too would believe this to be a witch hunt post, but the truth is, there is a single player who makes up the bulk of online raids to smaller tribes..... without Munki chiming in to confirm this I understand its just he say she say.

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#15 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:36 pm

I mean Sanity is a member of my tribe he knows exactly what happens - you said yourself offline raiding is apart of the game; so stop complaining.

You aren't going to change anyones opinions;

If Munki had an issue with me do you not think he'd have said something to me himself?

Stick
Veteran

Post#16 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:38 pm

Gambit wrote:I mean Sanity is a member of my tribe he knows exactly what happens - you said yourself offline raiding is apart of the game; so stop complaining.

If Munki had an issue with me do you not think he'd have said something to me himself?

The only opinions posted so far are from you and your allies.

Stick
Veteran

Post#17 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:41 pm

Gambit wrote:I mean Sanity is a member of my tribe he knows exactly what happens - you said yourself offline raiding is apart of the game; so stop complaining.

Can you please read thoroughly through what has been written Gambit, you keep missing the point.

Your killing the server population, not by raiding, but by continually offline raiding smaller tribes.

Jaysee
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Belan

Post#18 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:44 pm

Stick wrote:You still dont get the problem do you? Its the countless offline raids that kill our server pop

Stick wrote:Your killing the server population, not by raiding, but by continually offline raiding smaller tribes.

Can you understand how frustrating it is hearing you say that offline raids kill the server pop, after 4 days in a row of offline raids from you and your 5 tribe mates on our 2 player tribe?

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#19 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:46 pm

Jaysee wrote: If you want proof Im sure Munki would be willing to provide any details if Dothraki agrees.

im sorry but i don't discuss details about any reports, or issues with tribes publicly, benefits no one.

The main point here is ... people focus more on raiding than PvP, ORP2 at 50x should give the new lower end tribes a facility to get stronger. As Alpha tribes are usually always online ORP2 is no benefit to them, where as smaller tribes it can.

Alpha tribes will always be so large that no one will raid them because they have spent considerable time and effort to prepare their bases, and it gets to a point where people dont even bother.

I want it so people start focussing more on Player vs Player than Player vs Base, this will provide more balances strategies and hopefully increase players enjoyment, because at this stage, the smaller tribes get raided they have nothing to go on with and just move on.

Also just a clarification i havent spoken to any tribes about this because its not just limited to one tribe.

Also side note, we do have a PvE server (which is getting more players) and a whitelist server if PvP gets you salty, you can relax and enjoy the game on other clusters.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Stick
Veteran

Post#20 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:49 pm

Jaysee wrote:
Stick wrote:You still dont get the problem do you? Its the countless offline raids that kill our server pop

Stick wrote:Your killing the server population, not by raiding, but by continually offline raiding smaller tribes.

Can you understand how frustrating it is hearing you say that offline raids kill the server pop, after 4 days in a row of offline raids from you and your 5 tribe mates on our 2 player tribe?

Not really, your a long term alpha player. You will get over it.