PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

ORP changes

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

ORP changes

Post#1 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:18 pm

I just wanted to air out my thoughts with you over the latest changes to ORP.

I agree that there is an issue with larger tribes raiding smaller tribes, this has been a constant issue that revolves around a single tribe but more so a single player who cannot control his playing style. This person who will remain unnamed for now has constantly raided smaller tribes throughout his time on PlayArk, previous to ORP he would stay up until midnight on friday nights and offline raid any base that was easy enough to gain entry when the server allowed.

He has absolutely no conscience or empathy towards those that are new to the game, he tries to bring fear to those that are new rather than progressing and being a helpful member of this community. Previous to this wipe we were able to control him by ensuring he didn't have enough materials to raid, this has since become harder with the cluster as he was able to build away from our tribe and progress into a larger tribe. We expected that this player may change his ways this season but again he has fallen into this toxic playing style which hurts our player numbers.

You have provided a bandaid for the solution and are not getting rid of the problem. This player needs to be banned, I know he has not broken the rules, but if a previous ban and constant attention from the alpha wont change his ways then I am not convinced a 50x orp will either.

This is your community and you have created something great, having someone pissing on what you have built is an insult to not only you but everyone that plays on your servers.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: ORP changes

Post#2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:39 pm

Hey Stick, thanks for the feedback... but banning one player wont fix it.. as others will join in and do the same.. but it isn't limited to that one person or tribe.

ORP2 in basis is to protect bases while people are offline... now making it 50x will make it harder to raid, but wont stop someone with the time and resources to do it... but it does give smaller tribes a chance to build up... as as PvP Server, should be player vs player not player who raids bases... as the resources are high enough people shouldn't need to raid.

And i know a lot of you out there help out, which is great and highly appreciated.. as if you want pvp, you want to be playing against someone who is prepared, raiding a base stops all that, they cant tame dinos cause their narcotics/kibble are gone, they cant fight anyone cause their armour and weapons are gone ... so they just give up.

so hopefully those out there, start focussing on the player and not the bases, as all you are doing is drive people away and it will just be the larger tribes left, and that gets boring.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Stick
Veteran

Post#3 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:48 pm

The only thing 50x will do is make it impossible to offline raid alpha bases and make it moderately time consuming to blow up a mid tier base. This also prevents smaller tribes from ever having a chance to get revenge on a larger tribe via an offline raid. it certainly is an incentive to online raid but as our tribe cap is now 6 players, there is never a time where all of both tribes are online for a fair pvp online raid. PVP is a fairytale, it happens rarely and that iss just the way Ark is.

There are no servers out there that need to run a 50x orp, it just doesn't need to exist. Its quite upsetting to know that there are players in this community that are contributing to a 50x orp server. Offline raiding has its place and this change has taken away a big portion of game play.

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#4 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:05 pm

If you're going to try shit talk someone atleast have some basis of truth in it Stick :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stick
Veteran

Post#5 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:10 pm

Please tell me how im wrong?

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#6 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:16 pm

Please prove you're right?

Your tribe has tried offline raiding Belan four days in a row.

Crash
Survivor
Tribe: [Blackwatch]

Post#7 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:32 pm

Honestly I think the ORP going back to 50x is great.

Means people who don't have the balls to raid an online tribe (alpha vs alpha) are now forced to - unless they have absolutely no life and do nothing but play ark and farm for ridiculous amounts of C4... or dupe.

But something to take note of Munki is we noticed some players would log-off mid raid and since we had already breached, their ORP wouldn't activate so they logged off in a failed attempt to stop the raid. Perhaps making this clear in the rules thread or something that "logging off during a raid doesn't mean your orp comes online" or something for new players who might not understand how ORP works?

Stick
Veteran

Post#8 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:02 pm

Gambit wrote:Please prove you're right?

Your tribe has tried offline raiding Belan four days in a row.

Its not possible for me to obtain your long history of offline raids and nor can do i keep a timestamped diary of your gameplay. Im not going to entertain providing evidence of something so apparent.

Lets also not get off track and talk about a base enclosed in a cave which does not yield 6x damage. As I have stated, offline raids have their place.

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#9 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:09 pm

Keep in mind the only "big raid" we've attempted this wipe was ONLINE against Gypsy Vikings.

Sanity
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Send Nootz

Post#10 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Honestly stick, for a moment you had a bit of a message there, but it got lost when your post turned into more of a witch hunt on getting a certain person banned for what exactly i'm not even sure, everyone has been offline raiding since it went down to x10, you cannot deny that you and your tribe have done exactly that aswell, infact i cant even think of a single online raid you have even attempted if you can please enlighten me. you cannot place blame on a single person for something that happens through the entire server, people offline raid because it is more convenient and you are usually guaranteed to make profit on it, its how the game works and always will be, the increase back to x50 is an amazing thing, sure you can still offline but the resource cost is increased substantially so that it isn't as worth it to do it and you actually have to PVP on a PVP server instead of PVofflineBase.