PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Suggestion: Scrub map to encourage pvp population

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Re: Suggestion: Scrub map to encourage pvp population

Post#11 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:50 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:
Builder wrote: What about another, separate map being used in the cluster as the 'scrub map'?

im not going to add another map unless more donations are done to cover costs, time and effort managing/monitoring another map, e.g another Island or add a Volcano map... all adds up.

Fair point! :D

Builder
Ultimate Survivor

Post#12 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:55 pm

Seems like the conclusion to all of this at the moment is:

Wait until next wipe, and do it with the island OR section off areas of each map of the pvp cluster as 'scrub' sections such as what herbie was on the island. Not sure how to police larger tribes abusing those areas by building storage shacks there though, I think that'll just come down to Munki dealing with it when he sees it, or when other players report those larger tribes' little shacks.

Cheers for the discussion all :D

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#13 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:11 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:
Builder wrote: What about another, separate map being used in the cluster as the 'scrub map'?

im not going to add another map unless more donations are done to cover costs, time and effort managing/monitoring another map, e.g another Island or add a Volcano map... all adds up.

Drop the PVE cluster, no one uses it and really if they want PVE well they should sub you the $5 a month and get it well maintained and administered with no wipe on the white list.

It would bring me back and I'd likely donate, if you added a map attached to the PVP cluster with no base damage.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

CHEAT FORCETAMe

Post#14 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:30 pm

King_Kiff wrote:It would bring me back and I'd likely donate, if you added a map attached to the PVP cluster with no base damage.

ahhhh the elusive King_Kiff donation :)

King_Kiff wrote:Drop the PVE cluster, no one uses it and really if they want PVE well they should sub you the $5 a month and get it well maintained and administered with no wipe on the white list.

i wouldnt want to do that to the 8 or so players on the cluster, just because its not being used by many people, its using the old Brisbane server, so doesnt interfere with any other clusters.

Builder wrote:Wait until next wipe, and do it with the island OR section off areas of each map of the pvp cluster as 'scrub' sections such as what herbie was on the island. Not sure how to police larger tribes abusing those areas by building storage shacks there though, I think that'll just come down to Munki dealing with it when he sees it, or when other players report those larger tribes' little shacks.

i am NOT going to section off maps, sooo much area of abuse there and will take up sooooooo much of my time.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#15 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:51 pm

I think we are at a point now in the wipe where the player count will stay stagnate. Whilst in theory the idea of having a scrub map would be great, it will eventually die out.

Playark needs to adapt to the way that most people now play the game. Players follow the crowds and look for populated servers, that's where you will find all the pvp! The 6 monthly wipe intervals have become worse and worse as this unofficial monthly wipe play style has become the norm.

I feel one month is too short and 6 months is way too long. My suggestion to keep players enthused is to wipe much earlier and only have two maps running. The pvp this wipe has been almost non existent. We simply didn't have the numbers to fill all of the maps and the addition of ragnarok only made it worse.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor

Post#16 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:57 pm

Stick wrote:I think we are at a point now in the wipe where the player count will stay stagnate. Whilst in theory the idea of having a scrub map would be great, it will eventually die out.

Playark needs to adapt to the way that most people now play the game. Players follow the crowds and look for populated servers, that's where you will find all the pvp! The 6 monthly wipe intervals have become worse and worse as this unofficial monthly wipe play style has become the norm.

I feel one month is too short and 6 months is way too long. My suggestion to keep players enthused is to wipe much earlier and only have two maps running. The pvp this wipe has been almost non existent. We simply didn't have the numbers to fill all of the maps and the addition of ragnarok only made it worse.

I do agree that whereas it's 'nice' to have the choice of four maps, it has most certainly spread the player base out very thin, and that given the current climate of players with the game, a 6 month wipe may be too long.

*Edit: four maps, not three. Keep forgetting about the newest holiday destination :lol:

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#17 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Builder wrote: a 6 month wipe may be too long.

I have never said there would be a wipe in 6 months... the 4-6 months is just a guide, to see how the servers go.
If the servers die and only a few play i would look at ways to increase/bring players back...
at this stage there is no point wiping now or anytime soon UNTIL the game is released, then i will look at whats next.. as at this stage the devs are working hard to fix up all the bugs before August release
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#18 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:11 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:
Builder wrote: a 6 month wipe may be too long.

I have never said there would be a wipe in 6 months... the 4-6 months is just a guide, to see how the servers go.
If the servers die and only a few play i would look at ways to increase/bring players back...
at this stage there is no point wiping now or anytime soon UNTIL the game is released, then i will look at whats next.. as at this stage the devs are working hard to fix up all the bugs before August release

It has always been 6 months at a minimum and there has been no talk of it being otherwise. There is no real way to entice new players other than a wipe. You will always see a few stragglers along the way but they rarely stay.

A wipe on the release date will help build a new player base but we are better off discussing what needs to change now before the next wipe happens.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#19 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:35 am

Wiping gets new player yes, but wiping again in a few short months get rid of them to I think.

Milhouse
Dino Master
Tribe: Floogals

Post#20 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:50 am

Honestly for the PvP cluster ORP2 isnt really working. I personally think that having the 100% offline raid protection would help population and encourage Player v player. well at least giving the player to defend there base when they are online.

i left the PvP cluster due to getting raided and losing everything and being raided again while in rebuild phase. which i understand is a thing but when it happens offline its like what is the point.

Something needs to be done but idk what.

Just my 2cents