PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Server populations - a different viewpoint

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Server populations - a different viewpoint

Post#1 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:02 am

Sorry troops but I have to weigh in, there has been so much chat about the server settings, wipes and so on but there is one variable that has never been tried, and it lies with all of you - marketing of the servers.

I have been on Munkis servers (PvP and now WL) for 12 months, and I have never seen anyone actively market his servers on any forums or gaming related websites. A number of people have put up Youtube videos (which is great) but thats about it, and Youtube is such a vast landscape that we get consumed with all the others.

The official servers are a nightmare, they always have been, and who can predict what the new officials will do and whether the Legacy officials will sustain themselves or become an empty wasteland? We need to demonstrate to the players what we have and why it is better.

The settings, mods and community on Munki's server makes them unique and worthwhile. I would have left Ark months ago had the settings and community not been so worth my time.

Munki has done a lot of work for us, it's time we stopped consuming and started helping.

If you want new blood on the server, get out there and recruit them. If you can't make the effort then you aren't serious about attracting new players.

Stop shouting at the clouds, and make the difference you seek.

(Flame me all you like, but I can get on this soapbox, as I have recruited 3 brand new players to the white-list since it started and I have advertised the servers on Steam and Survivetheark forums a number of times - we need more people to advertise it exponentially)

Arky
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Prehistoric

Re: Server populations - a different viewpoint

Post#2 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:15 am

I agree, and i think i said something very similar on another thread right about the same time.
So Ive been googling and throwing a bit of playark about where appropriate, but are there sites for voting servers up and similar that anyone knows of?
Back in the Lineage 2 days, we had sites that you could throw a vote at every 24 hours and it would list the top 100 private server sites by player votes. Cant seem to find anything well organised for Ark though?
ARKY

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#3 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:26 am

Jim_aus wrote:I agree, and i think i said something very similar on another thread right about the same time.
So Ive been googling and throwing a bit of playark about where appropriate, but are there sites for voting servers up and similar that anyone knows of?
Back in the Lineage 2 days, we had sites that you could throw a vote at every 24 hours and it would list the top 100 private server sites by player votes. Cant seem to find anything well organised for Ark though?

we have a few, will make a main post about other areas but currently:
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Sekhmet114
Dino Master
Tribe: Bronies

Post#4 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:53 pm

maybe for one of the servers, pvp or otherwise the alternate of pay-to-play could be upvote-x-times-to-play?

I wish each time we logged in a day counted as an auto-upvote.

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#5 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:02 pm

If i recall correctly there used to be a voting incentive of x amount of cement paste for each day you voted; we could possibly bring back a system similar, but you have to vote x amount of days consecutively to get the "reward"

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#6 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:10 pm

Gambit wrote:If i recall correctly there used to be a voting incentive of x amount of cement paste for each day you voted; we could possibly bring back a system similar, but you have to vote x amount of days consecutively to get the "reward"

tried it for a couple months, no one did it unless i kept reminding people, then they slowly stopped doing it.. plus voting doesnt really get exposure, like forum posts or comments in steam ...
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Arky
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Prehistoric

Post#7 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:11 pm

Yep ive made a couple of steam posts. We need to be careful not to flood the same places or we end up looking like spammers though :lol:
ARKY

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#8 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:26 pm

Jim_aus wrote:Yep ive made a couple of steam posts. We need to be careful not to flood the same places or we end up looking like spammers though :lol:

or desperate!