PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

PvP Cluster to Wipe on Retail Release

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: PvP Cluster to Wipe on Retail Release

Post#21 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:58 am

Stick wrote:The only time spawns were an issue was 6 months ago at the last wipe when we had 60 active players on one map, that is never going to happen again.

sad.png
sad.png (55.22 KiB) Viewed 25881 times
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#22 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:48 am

DrunkMunki wrote:
Stick wrote:The only time spawns were an issue was 6 months ago at the last wipe when we had 60 active players on one map, that is never going to happen again.

sad.png

Those were the days :cry:

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#23 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:13 am

DrunkMunki wrote:

sad.png

Naw... Munki... :cry:

TheWrongAlex
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#24 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:48 pm

Another suggestion for the next reset, would LOVE to have hitmarkers back again. Being able to see exactly how much damage you are doing is so nice!

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#25 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:06 pm

TheWrongAlex wrote:Another suggestion for the next reset, would LOVE to have hitmarkers back again. Being able to see exactly how much damage you are doing is so nice!

Sorry those give away peoples positions even when attacking dinos...
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

TheWrongAlex
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#26 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:11 am

DrunkMunki wrote:
TheWrongAlex wrote:Another suggestion for the next reset, would LOVE to have hitmarkers back again. Being able to see exactly how much damage you are doing is so nice!

Sorry those give away peoples positions even when attacking dinos...

Give away people's positions? What do you mean... if for example I shot your dino from a long distance the dmg marker appears at the dino, not at me. Also on a second note how is somebody knowing your position a big deal in ARK?

TheWrongAlex
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#27 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:09 am

TL;DR: Server wipe breeding settings - Maturation 20x, Cuddle Interval Timer Multiplier 0.33

So I did some fiddling and tweaked the maturation spreadsheet I posted earlier to suit my needs a bit more and created a page that displays imprinting stats for every dino that people are commonly interested in breeding, when given a specific maturation rate and cuddle interval multiplier, to work out if they can get to 100% with any real ease or frequency, or if it's impossible etc. Hopefully that makes sense.. So to increase the server maturation rate to 20x I would recommend a cuddle interval timer multiplier of 0.33. This results in dinos wanting to imprint roughly from 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes, with most of the desired dinos reaching 100% imprinting unless they get the too many long timers rolls. Every single dino (on the list below) has a good chance to reach 100% imprint except Pteranadon, Tapejara, Argentavis and Doedicurus which will never get 100% and always cap out at an amount.

It is possible to have every dino have an excellent chance of 100% imprinting, but this would require imprints every 10 minutes...which i'm sure nobody is keen to have, especially for a 14 hour Giga. Therefore in my opinion this setting would give a great balance of chances at 100% imprinting, without being overly demanding.

The list of dinos is:

Allo
Anky
Argent
Basilo
Bronto
Turtle
Daedon
Diplo
Bear
Wolf
Doedi
Dunky
Giga
Kentro
Deer
Megalosaurus
Megatherium
Mosa
Paracer
Ptera
Quetz
Rex
Spino
Tapejara
Theri
Thyla
Troodon
Squid
Wyvern
Yuty

Builder
Ultimate Survivor

Post#28 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:43 am

TheWrongAlex wrote:Snip

This looks similar to the fiddling myself and another player from the Centre map did last wipe. Good job (I'm not doing it again haha). Hopefully it works out but as you've clearly already discovered once you start fiddling with the maturation rates it becomes more and more difficult (almost impossible) to ensure 100% on all dinos.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#29 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:11 pm

Imprinting is the work of Satan, unhealthiest part of the game.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor

Post#30 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:53 pm

DattoSSS wrote:Imprinting is the work of Satan, unhealthiest part of the game.

:lol: :lol: :lol: but spend 27 hours imprinting gigas to 100% is a great use of our time Datto dear :P