PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

PvP Cluster to Wipe on Retail Release

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: PvP Cluster to Wipe on Retail Release

Post#51 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:01 am

thanks for the input, yeah i wont be adding classic flyers to the PvP cluster
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Swish
Gatherer
Tribe: Belan

Post#52 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:50 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:The reason i made imprinting harder was for the benefit, you put in the time, you get the bonus...
you dont put in the time.. you can have whatever tame comes out...
kind of a reward.. saying hey i spent 50 hours imprinting this, this is now awesome! then you can trade that time you imprinted for babies with others, resources or support from a well imprinted dino.

Can you clarify the numbers you have for imprinting bonus? on official, you end up with +20% bonus stats - is it 100% extra stats then multiplicative with imprinter riding bonus here? (+30% damage/hp and -30% damage taken when ridden by imprinter)

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#53 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:41 pm

Swish wrote:
DrunkMunki wrote:The reason i made imprinting harder was for the benefit, you put in the time, you get the bonus...
you dont put in the time.. you can have whatever tame comes out...
kind of a reward.. saying hey i spent 50 hours imprinting this, this is now awesome! then you can trade that time you imprinted for babies with others, resources or support from a well imprinted dino.

Can you clarify the numbers you have for imprinting bonus? on official, you end up with +20% bonus stats - is it 100% extra stats then multiplicative with imprinter riding bonus here? (+30% damage/hp and -30% damage taken when ridden by imprinter)

no idea sorry
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#54 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Are you going to change tribe sizes?

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#55 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:40 pm

I personally would like to see everything revert to official settings now regarding dino damage, dino level cap, imprinting etc....
Ark is now a pretty well balanced game, it's time that playark goes back to normal settings imo.

Vbanger
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#56 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:59 pm

I'd still like faster taming and baby-to-juvie speed, but nothing ridiculous. The structure/dino limit and auto-demolish as well (if it actually makes much difference to lag). Maybe ORP set at a gazillion %. Every thing else I'm happy to have at official settings and mods removed.

Sanity
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Send Nootz

Post#57 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:36 pm

Ragnarok wrote:I personally would like to see everything revert to official settings now regarding dino damage, dino level cap, imprinting etc....
Ark is now a pretty well balanced game, it's time that playark goes back to normal settings imo.

the thing is a lot of people who play unofficial play due to having limited time, dino cap,dmg and imprinting might be things to look at but in the same right the imprinting is what allows people to not have to put in 6 months of solid breeding to be able to do any of the bosses. i think changing settings would need to come to a community vote on what people what as the closer to official settings playark goes the more time consuming it becomes for people who cannot play 10+ hours a day.

Aviince
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#58 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:50 am

Whats the chances of removing the OP building structures of S+ (eg gas turrets and 120k walls ect).

Would be awsome to still have them but maybe reduce there hp in the in files say the 12 high walls to 35 or 45k hp and the 6 high to 20-25 k hp, just an idea also pillar hp needs looking at to

I know there are plenty of posible new tribes to the server that will see s+ and go elsewhere.

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#59 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:24 am

Gas powered turrets aren't overpowered they use gas fast.

High health on big walls isn't an issue either. Works out the same in cost. Sure you have to use more c4 to get in but if you think it's too hard on high gather rates I don't know what to say.... Blow up the door?

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#60 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:31 pm

Aviince wrote:I know there are plenty of posible new tribes to the server that will see s+ and go elsewhere.

Then they can go elsewhere. I know plenty of players who prefer S+ now over vanilla and stay because of it. Tbh one thing that I do admit could be viewed as OP is the pull mechanic. Super useful and convenient though.