PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

PvP Cluster to Wipe on Retail Release

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Aviince
Survivor
Tribe:

Re: PvP Cluster to Wipe on Retail Release

Post#61 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:31 pm

On bases the high hp isnt a deal turret towers with no doors with 120k walls is the problem late game spaming those things become op fast, its cool if the server is open world pvp orientated tho but those things arnt balanced for pvp thus suggestion of hp lower or removal, s plus is fine i like the mod otherwise.

*edited
Last edited by Aviince on Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sanity
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Send Nootz

Post#62 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:47 pm

the biggest issue in regards to "impenetrable bases" is there are currently no bosses on Rag, due to this players can do all bosses on any connected server, make all structures on said server then transfer it over, thus meaning that you cant really do jack shit about it as you cant do bosses on that server to bring the walls down with element and have to use c4 (788 DMG on tek walls) so currently my personal opinion is that even though Ragnarok is such a fun and great map without bosses in it it is unbalanced and needs to be thought about as to whether or not it is good to have in the cluster.

Aviince
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#63 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:51 pm

True thats a core ark imbalance unfortunately hopefully on launch they will have bosses available on rag otherwise maybe have elemment transferable?

Aviince
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#64 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:38 am

Builder wrote:
Aviince wrote:I know there are plenty of posible new tribes to the server that will see s+ and go elsewhere.

Then they can go elsewhere. I know plenty of players who prefer S+ now over vanilla and stay because of it. Tbh one thing that I do admit could be viewed as OP is the pull mechanic. Super useful and convenient though.

Im not saying get rid of S+ its been on this server for ages and the core players on this server stay because of it like you said tho just suggesting a balance so the ppl put off by some of its op aspects of the mod join also best of both worlds freedom/ better building of S+ plus some balance :)

Bionicfish
Survivor
Tribe: The Alchemists

Post#65 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:46 pm

Hey,

I would just like to add a suggestion to the mods available on the server once the wipe has happened. Could we possible get damage/combat numbers enabled if it doesn't interfere with the server settings, it was on one of the old servers before the cluster.

kind regards
Bio.

Edit: Also just a quick question regarding the ragnarok server atm. Since patch 256...(or the last week and a half) I haven't been able to tame a dire bear. Nacro dart it unconscious and no taming progress bar shows up, only the unconscious meter. any help would be most appreciated.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#66 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:38 pm

Bionicfish wrote:snip

1) We used to have dmg numbers on the pvp cluster, then Munki removed them. Some other players have requested them back as well, but Munki has already said no to this with his reasons.
2) It's my understanding bears on Ragnarok are bugged.

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#67 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:46 pm

Bionicfish wrote:Hey,

I would just like to add a suggestion to the mods available on the server once the wipe has happened. Could we possible get damage/combat numbers enabled if it doesn't interfere with the server settings, it was on one of the old servers before the cluster.

kind regards
Bio.

Edit: Also just a quick question regarding the ragnarok server atm. Since patch 256...(or the last week and a half) I haven't been able to tame a dire bear. Nacro dart it unconscious and no taming progress bar shows up, only the unconscious meter. any help would be most appreciated.

Bear wise, it depends where you get it from; if it's from the caves chances you can't tame it.

Bionicfish
Survivor
Tribe: The Alchemists

Post#68 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:14 am

cheers for the response guys :)

Yeah i did obtain the bears from the snow caves so that must explain it.

all good with or without the damage numbers, was just hoping there wasnt a bug or anything.
How about the castles mod, that seem pretty sweet.

Silversage
Dino Tamer
Tribe: House Stark

Post#69 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:49 pm

Bring back the damage numbers!?!?!?!?!

Painthewarlock
Survivor
Tribe: Zug Zug

Post#70 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:40 pm

Just logged back in cant believe the castle is still standing haha, also I would like to see damage meters come back but I don't know why we don't use them, could be a point I'm missing as to why we don't use them so just my opinion :)