PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

PvP Cluster to Wipe on Retail Release

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: PvP Cluster to Wipe on Retail Release

Post#71 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:28 pm

Emailed out today:

PvP Cluster to Wipe on retail release.

The PvP cluster will wipe on retail release, and Scorched Earth and TheCentre will be removed from the cluster. I found having these additional servers spread out the player base too much there wasnt to much interaction, I have the ability to add more maps when player demand requires it.

Additionally to the wipe the following changes will also happen:

• From the wipe date and for 3 weeks, player XP will be 8x, after those 3 weeks it will be reduced to 4x, this does not include Dino taming speeds.
  • I will be reimplementing AntiRaid on the weekdays, I found the smaller bases are usually cleaned out without getting a chance to recover, so there will be NO structure damage on the weekdays to allow people to build up before the weekend.
  • Raid times will be from 5am Sat until 11pm Sunday, this is to stop people from waiting until midnight and then going ham on the bases while everyone is offline ... this is to encourage more PvP and less raiding as due to the server rates... who really needs to raid bases?
    During the weekend structures will be protected 2x, meaning it will take 2x more resources to cause damage, so if someone wants in, they will get in if determined enough.
  • ORP2 mod will be removed, although good in concept, it had too many bugs causing some dinos to have excessive HP or melee.. or starve, which made it unfair for the other tribes, the 2x structure resistance and weekday protection should provide enough time for bases to recover.
  • Protected Passives mod will be installed to protect peoples dinos when set to passive, as there is no need to kill someones dinos unless its a threat to you.
    This mod cleans out the dinos inventory when set to passive so players cannot store items on their dinos while being protected, and cannot be used to drain turrets.
  • Due to high demand, damage numbers will be returned to the server.
  • Dinos limit will be increased from 200 to 500 per tribe
  • Tribe limits will remain at 6, but alliances will be restricted to 4... so choose wisely.
  • We wont be adding the Classic Flyers mod as it unbalances the gameplay.
  • We will be keeping the current mods: Egg N Poop Collector / Incubator, Structures Plus (S+), Meat Spoiler, Resource Stacks, Reusable Plus
  • There was a recent update where Platform Saddles used up 19 tame slots, this will be adjusted to 5 tame slots per platform saddle.
  • Reusable Plus Mod: Due to abuse of the mechanic, Flare and Spear will be removed.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#72 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:38 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:...[*]Protected Passives mod will be installed to protect peoples dinos when set to passive, as there is no need to kill someones dinos unless its a threat to you.
This mod cleans out the dinos inventory when set to passive so players cannot store items on their dinos while being protected, and cannot be used to drain turrets.

Do you know how it ensures players don't abuse the mechanic and use passives to drain turrets? I've read the description and if someone has turrets set to target tamed dinos, it seems people may still be able to use them to drain while dismounted and while the protection is on? Unless people have all turrets set to player only, it looks like this may be a possibility unless I'm missing something...

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#73 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:16 am

500 dino limit.

lag city.

everything else seems ok

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#74 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:30 am

Builder wrote:Do you know how it ensures players don't abuse the mechanic and use passives to drain turrets? I've read the description and if someone has turrets set to target tamed dinos, it seems people may still be able to use them to drain while dismounted and while the protection is on? Unless people have all turrets set to player only, it looks like this may be a possibility unless I'm missing something...

If the dino gets shot from a turret, the protection status is removed, so its like everything else... will still "drain" turrets but just like every other dino, and it will die once its HP is exhausted.

Also you cannot activate it while around enemy foundations, so in theory you can only enable it when in your base... and out in the wild (with 5min delay)
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#75 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:42 am

For the purpose of troubleshooting other possible issues with the mod:
1) couldn't people simply spam dinos in their base for the purpose of restricting raider movement if the base is breached?
2) some dinos like wyverns and other fliers need to be whistled passive when on neutral and agroed on something in the wild if you want it to follow you or easily grapple to it. If you die before you get to your mount or forget to whistle neutral again and are picked/sniped by another pvper, then assuming your mount isn't now killed you'll then lose any gear you've stored on it if you can't get back in time. Especially if that dino has been used in a raid or for checking drops I can see a lot of people getting frustrated with this, even though I know it is to stop players abusing the mechanic by using dinos as vaults when they log off. Maybe set the cooldown timer to say 1 hour or other long time?

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#76 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:50 am

Builder wrote:For the purpose of troubleshooting other possible issues with the mod:
1) couldn't people simply spam dinos in their base for the purpose of restricting raider movement if the base is breached?
2) some dinos like wyverns and other fliers need to be whistled passive when on neutral and agroed on something in the wild if you want it to follow you or easily grapple to it. If you die before you get to your mount or forget to whistle neutral again and are picked/sniped by another pvper, then assuming your mount isn't now killed you'll then lose any gear you've stored on it if you can't get back in time. Especially if that dino has been used in a raid or for checking drops I can see a lot of people getting frustrated with this, even though I know it is to stop players abusing the mechanic by using dinos as vaults when they log off. Maybe set the cooldown timer to say 1 hour or other long time?

1) same can be said with walls?
2) its PvP shit happens, your loss if that happens.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#77 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:11 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:
Builder wrote:For the purpose of troubleshooting other possible issues with the mod:

1) same can be said with walls?
2) its PvP shit happens, your loss if that happens.

Amen to that, 12 months of PvP players arguing about the rules and protection.
Get rid of the rules and protection, and let it rip. :twisted: