PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

PvP Cluster to Wipe on Retail Release

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Re: PvP Cluster to Wipe on Retail Release

Post#41 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:00 pm

rabies22 wrote:Hey guys,
I'm newish to the servers and wanted to throw my 2 cents in if I can.

As far as I was aware the servers weren't wiping, so I've been furiously building as much as i could over the past month or so on SE PVP, only to find out that the whole server is going to be removed in like 2 weeks.
Is there any way you could add this to the login screen message of the day or whatever when new folks log in so they don't get stuck wasting time on a server that's only gonna be wiped anyway?

Sorry if that came across as bitter, but I've only just found out.
I do enjoy the servers and the community seems great, I'm keen to start fresh and have no issues with that - Ragnarok looks like a mess at the moment with bases everywhere.

G'day Rabies
For $5 a month per slot you can join the whitelist - it will never wipe. There is little to no PvP though, so it's a PvE lifestyle if thats ok. It's a full cluster of maps, 100% structure protection so you can play as hard or as slow as you like. PvP is enabled so we can shoot and tranq each other for shits and giggles. :mrgreen:

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#42 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:40 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:Should i add the Classic Flyers mod?

Still seems people want it

After playing on my own server with classic flyers enabled - i honestly have to say no as it won't promote PvP; it'll just turn into ptera fights which is boring.

rabies22
Fresh Spawn
Tribe:

Post#43 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:00 pm

DattoSSS wrote:

As far as I was aware the servers weren't wiping, so I've been furiously building as much as i could over the past month or so on SE PVP, only to find out that the whole server is going to be removed in like 2 weeks.
Is there any way you could add this to the login screen message of the day or whatever when new folks log in so they don't get stuck wasting time on a server that's only gonna be wiped anyway?

I do enjoy the servers and the community seems great, I'm keen to start fresh and have no issues with that - Ragnarok looks like a mess at the moment with bases everywhere.

G'day Rabies
For $5 a month per slot you can join the whitelist - it will never wipe. There is little to no PvP though, so it's a PvE lifestyle if thats ok. It's a full cluster of maps, 100% structure protection so you can play as hard or as slow as you like. PvP is enabled so we can shoot and tranq each other for shits and giggles. :mrgreen:

yeah I've been tossing it up over the last few days/weeks but have been holding out until after release

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#44 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:06 pm

rabies22 wrote:
DattoSSS wrote:

G'day Rabies

yeah I've been tossing it up over the last few days/weeks but have been holding out until after release

If you are attached to your base I would make the move, when the PvP server wipes there will be a supernova of raiding activity

Arky
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Prehistoric

Post#45 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:14 pm

rabies22 wrote:
DattoSSS wrote:

G'day Rabies

Do it mate, the whitelist servers are great :D Especially if you arent into hardcore pvp.
ARKY

TheWrongAlex
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#46 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:20 pm

Hey all, dropping in my 2 cents on the classic flyers thing. I do like the mod, and it is fun, but the problem with it is that when it's in, everything becomes about the flyers, it takes over the entire game. Because of that I would say no to adding it in.

We have transmitters and things to compensate for the transport issues etc and griffons are still pretty quick for covering large distances. Not having it tends to just make early game much harder which is good I think.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#47 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:00 pm

Classic flyer will only take it back tot he bad old days of high speed pointless air wars with no one being able to hit anything.

Nitephyre
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Crucifier

Post#48 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:51 pm

Non-specific-coloured-list for life! Come to the shiny happy camper side :D

As for Classic Flyers, I think it'd also suit PvPvE better, as we're about building, exploring and such :)
Last edited by Nitephyre on Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#49 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:55 pm

When the 'flier nurf' first came in I admit I was going through withdrawal symptoms at the loss of my 600%+ movement speed quetz and our bred ptera 'Speedy McGee' was no longer as speedie. But afterwards, no. I would vote no, especially for pvp. The way it is now, players are encouraged to actually use more of a diversity and not stick to the same old convenience of a fast quetz and argy for almost everything. The mod has a good point, which is quetzes can move backwards (they should anyway), but in terms of speed, I can also point out there are other fliers that have sufficient speed such as wyverns and griffins now, and a bred flier has higher speed than a wild caught one EVEN IF it's not imprinted. There are other points that are more pvp related as well, but I'm sure others will bring them up/have done so already.

Vbanger
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#50 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:34 am

I'm a big fat stinking "no" to the classic flyers. The game is much better without rideable bullets.