PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Worth coming back to Ark?

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Enyo
Survivor
Tribe: Elements

Worth coming back to Ark?

Post#1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:48 pm

Hey,

It's been a while I haven't been on since flying nerf and I was like 1 of 2 people left on the Center. Wondering is it worth coming back, if you're reading this you're probably biased to say yes... so what has kept you in the game? :)

Cheers,

Enyo

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: Worth coming back to Ark?

Post#2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:10 pm

for me, its the people... :lol:

Enyo .. if you are worried about bases being wiped... pvp aspect.. (which the PvP cluster has about 30+ people now) we offer a PvE server that gets wiped every 6 months.
Or the Whitelist server, for $5/mo you can play casually without worrying about dinos being killed or being wiped, has a whole bunch of families playing... very chill.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#3 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:12 pm

What's kept me in:
1) The people
2) I can build stuff and there's dinos lol
2) I'm personally still interested and entertained by the game
3) There are a few new mechanics in the game which have balanced out the 'flier nerf' such as the use of wyverns, griffins and the ability to upload items and dinos into drops and download in another location on the map, etc.

But honestly, it's up to you. Some of the complaints and issues with the game still exist, and haven't really changed enough for some players, but that's really up to you whether that's a deal breaker though. I also highly recommend the whitelisted server Munki mentioned, you can play casually without fear of your base being smashed into, can still shoot people if you wish (hehe) and there's arguably less politics than what you may find on the pvp cluster. However if you want to raid bases then maybe join the pvp cluster as structure protect is on all the time on whitelist even though the cluster is set to pvp mode.

Enyo
Survivor
Tribe: Elements

Post#4 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:33 am

Thanks for the opinions.

I've just been between umming and ahhing whether or not or not to come back. My old tribemates have kinda all gone weird. I don't really mind pvp, nothing can be worse then vsing official alphas for 20hrs -.-.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#5 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:20 pm

Enyo wrote:Thanks for the opinions.

I've just been between umming and ahhing whether or not or not to come back. My old tribemates have kinda all gone weird. I don't really mind pvp, nothing can be worse then vsing official alphas for 20hrs -.-.

lol sounds like the Whitelisted cluster might be for you then friend ;)