PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

The best thing about the whitelisted server...

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Beowulf
Dino Tamer
Tribe: The Fellowship

Re: The best thing about the whitelisted server...

Post#11 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:56 am

How does the structure damage work across the cluster ? Do we need to login to each server or just one in the cluster ? Then with that can we login to any server from the browser or do we need to get to an oblisk to transfer each time ? I think I tried to login to the island and it wanted me to make a new character since I was on ragnarok.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#12 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:43 am

Beowulf wrote:How does the structure damage work across the cluster ? Do we need to login to each server or just one in the cluster ? Then with that can we login to any server from the browser or do we need to get to an oblisk to transfer each time ? I think I tried to login to the island and it wanted me to make a new character since I was on ragnarok.

You need to use an Obelisk, item drop or Transmitter to transfer, click on transfer to another server.
If you directly connect to a server which you currently aren't playing on, it will want to create a new character... so make sure you remember which server you logged off on.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Beowulf
Dino Tamer

Post#13 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:31 am

Thanks Munki.
So how does structure damage work across the cluster?
I built a small starter base on the island but have been on ragnarok for a few days.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#14 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:14 am

Beowulf wrote:Thanks Munki.
So how does structure damage work across the cluster?
I built a small starter base on the island but have been on ragnarok for a few days.

Structure damage is set to 0.00000001 meaning NOTHING can damage it, unless you destroy it/pick it up (if its yours)
If its not yours, you can ask the tribe who owns it to remove it, or contact me and i'll see if it will be removed, or talk to the tribes involved.

Server will demolish it if its from a previous tribe after about 40 days if they don't log in during that time (left the server).
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Beowulf
Dino Tamer

Post#15 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:08 pm

Oh that makes sense. When I was a lvl 20 I had a carno chase me to my thatch hut, then stick his head in and not destroy it lol I just stabbed him with a wooden spear. The early game can be great fun!

I actually meant to ask about the demolish timer, across the cluster. E.g. I login to ragnarok but have left that hut on the island which I will get back to eventually. So I know if I should keep track of the timers across each server or just in the cluster.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#16 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Beowulf wrote:I actually meant to ask about the demolish timer, across the cluster. E.g. I login to ragnarok but have left that hut on the island which I will get back to eventually. So I know if I should keep track of the timers across each server or just in the cluster.

I have made the timers 2x what it normally is, if you haven't been in that area for 40 days.. i doubt its worth anything to you and will be removed by the server ... if you go into render distance of a structure you own, the timer resets.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#17 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:10 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:if you go into render distance of a structure you own, the timer resets.

Well there you go, I had no idea it was based on render area I thought it was based on login. Have to be careful if you have multiple outposts

CodaCat
Elemental Killer
Tribe: Catz [A.E.S]

Post#18 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:30 pm

Sup Guys

I on the other hand, sorry to down the mood, think there is only one problem. the PvE part

With structure decay in i will firstly never see my stuff again if i don't keep longing on and flying around the bases which i build and go to the other servers to do the same!!!

So i think that the rule of "don't pay don't play" is enough when the stuff is wiped. so why have that two if u don't play anymore than don't pay is simple. if there is any way to fix this than I'm all in. Even if its just a poll.

Sincerely CodaCat
Codaf

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#19 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:04 pm

CodaCat wrote:Sup Guys

I on the other hand, sorry to down the mood, think there is only one problem. the PvE part

With structure decay in i will firstly never see my stuff again if i don't keep longing on and flying around the bases which i build and go to the other servers to do the same!!!

So i think that the rule of "don't pay don't play" is enough when the stuff is wiped. so why have that two if u don't play anymore than don't pay is simple. if there is any way to fix this than I'm all in. Even if its just a poll.

Sincerely CodaCat

Hey Coda,
Im a bit confused, are you against the decay or for it?

- the decay rate is like 40 days, you havent seen your structure in 40 days... i really doubt its important.
the decay is needed for old players who have left, and players who place structures for taming, and litter the map.

Blizzard
Dino Master
Tribe: One Girl Wolfpack

Post#20 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:36 am

DrunkMunki wrote:
CodaCat wrote:Sup Guys

Sincerely CodaCat

Hey Coda,
Im a bit confused, are you against the decay or for it?

- the decay rate is like 40 days, you havent seen your structure in 40 days... i really doubt its important.
the decay is needed for old players who have left, and players who place structures for taming, and litter the map.

I think what Coda is trying to politely say is that this was meant to be a casual server that unless you physically stopped paying, there would be a "grace period" for those to pay the bill or their structures are removed. He is saying he doesn't see why structures would be removed after 40 days unless it was the case of non-payment.

For instance: We had spent a whole day building an extra-awesome public taming pen and then when we went to show a new player how to use it... it had been demolished and a player, who ended up banned, had made a base there and since banned. We thought this was absolute crap as we had spent all that time building it, for it to have just been removed because we hadn't gone in render distance.
Blizzard