PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Calling on all PvP'ers

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Calling on all PvP'ers

Post#1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:18 pm

Hello Survivors...
The PvP server has changed soooo much over the years, tried different strategies... but it all ended up being PvE players with some PvP'ing.... we have a PvE server and don't plan on wiping it... so what i want to know is...

What do you look for in a pvp server?

I have tried mods that make dinos passive so they dont die
I have tried extensive rules
I have tried structure protection
I have tried raid times
I have tried raid limits....

its never really worked, as soon as someone gets raided they usually leave, but i want to keep the smaller players active until they can build up and join in on the pvp? ... but many confuse PvP'ing with Raiding.

Have you come across a server that meets the balance? as i don't want to be on 24/7, and i don't want extensive rules that everyone bitch and moan about...

*** UPDATE ***
refer to https://www.playark.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 3376#p4485 for new servers.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Re: Calling on all PvP'ers

Post#2 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm

The issue is time. On a 10x server it can take several weeks to complete a true PVP base, once you get to this stage there is hesitation to raid because the consequences of revenge raids are too high.Most players of ark have been at end game multiple times now, the enjoyment of slow builds and game enjoyment have ceased, its all about the raids for PVP nowadays.

What seems to work now you ask?

Higher rates and quicker wipes, this allows players to build and almost immediately fight. You will always lose players regardless of the server configuration but if you wipe frequently then it will entice them to come back again.

My recommendation is to increase rates to 20x (including breeding) and have dinos go to max level after breeding/taming. This would allow players to have disposable dinos and almost zero risk. It also levels out the playing feild as smaller tribes can have a set of raiding dinos in a day.

Everything else in regards to mods etc should be negotiable.

Wipes need to happen every 4 weeks, any longer than this and your player count will die out fast.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#3 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:38 pm

I'll put my opinion in here but keep in mind it's from someone that isn't playing ark anymore and likely won't again apart from a abberation when it comes out and half of that is only because I have already paid for it. While you have done some things as admin that certainly haven't made me happy, overall you were a very good admin and I thank you for the fun times that I have had on your servers.

However my answer for the questions is one you probably won't like but in my mind it's true, the truth is there's no fix for PVP on Ark and that's purely down to the game its self. Even on a heavily upped rate server, it's such a grind to get anywhere near to pvp capable. Take for example rust, you go on, build a shitty base and are pvping with people from basically the moment you come online whether it's with a rock or with an ak and if you get raided who cares you probably only have a couple of hours invested in your base anyway. Whereas with ark you are talking in the hundreds of hours for everything, from base building, taming, BP searching etc..... all to have genuine pvp once a month if you're lucky, especially on a modded server where beefs never seem to die and you have a real limit of players. So certain people go and raid any base they can so they can get the pvp first.

In short tbh I don't think there's much you can do if I'm honest, Ark is dying, abberation may bring people back for a month or two on release but overall the game is just losing more and more players every week. I hope you can turn your servers around and wish you luck.

Stick
Veteran

Post#4 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:02 pm

Ark may feel dead but she is certainly still alive

http://steamcharts.com/app/346110

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#5 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:08 pm

I have had a few people recommend extinction core, possibly with the passive dino mod, some S+ and stacker mods with higher rates.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#6 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:21 pm

I'd say no to extinction core as it completely changes the game..

GoDzOwN
Fresh Spawn
Tribe: Saiyan

Post#7 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:27 pm

I had thought a few weeks back of making post on here to request a rate increase.
For me ARK is to much of a grind, Hence why I haven't been on lately.
I feel higher rates will pull players in.
I think the mods currently in place are great.

Stick
Veteran

Post#8 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:36 pm

please also get rid of the passive rule.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#9 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:38 pm

Stick wrote:please also get rid of the passive rule.

there isnt a passive rule anymore per-se, as the passive mod protects them, so no need for a rule.

But yes, if i increase the stats to like 20x then there would be no need to protect dinos

should i also keep the cluster? or select 1 map?

Classic Flyers?

GoDzOwN
Fresh Spawn
Tribe: Saiyan

Post#10 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:43 pm

The Cluster Is awesome!