PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Calling on all PvP'ers

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Re: Calling on all PvP'ers

Post#11 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:58 pm

I'd say up it all to 20x, remove passive mod, keep it as a cluster, no additional mods and we're good to go.

Moondoggie
Survivor
Tribe: RitaMVP

Post#12 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:03 pm

^^^ sounds pretty reasonable to me

Skeptic
Survivor
Tribe: 50 Yard Cunt Punt

Post#13 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:20 am

Morning Munki

first off i agree with the 20x with attracting new and returning players as it would be less of a grind for poeple and not feel they have wasted hundreds of hours on a half decent PVP build only to have it smashed by people cough Gambit cough while they are offline (lmao gambit you know i love you long time.)

As for mods a nice little stack mod that doesnt alter weights to much would be a nice thought

personal opinion defs no classic flyers, Would rather people use the range of dinos for raiding and plan an attack instead of just using a boosted quetz to do the grunt work. Side note if rates are increased and a stack mod is used then keeping the normal flyers instead of using classic would also help keep a balance.

As for wipes i would personally say 8 weeks (2 Months) would be a good one just to allow the smaller single mans to have a little bit of time to get to the same level a 4 man tribe would before a wipe but in saying this i would expect a few people to not like the fast wiping as they would prefer the long game and like to reach a full potential (PVE players mainly) of the end game content with shorter time for play stack mod and higher rates you should be expecting the server to mainly be a pvp'rs heaven and not so much PVE players anymore

Well thats my 2 cents mate but in the end its your server and all you can do is try to please the few cause pleasing everyone is non-existant in this day and age

~PeAcE OuT~
Skeptic

Sanity
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Send Nootz

Post#14 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:45 am

Dont really have and plans on playing ark again but my thoughts would be up the rates, as people have mentioned 20x sounds Okay, perhaps first weekend of server release (say you put it out on Friday afternoon) you have no structure or passive dino damage, this can help those smaller tribes get to a point they can fight back against the bigger tribes that usually just make a stand early on and don't let people get built up.

4-8 weeks would be the spot for wiping but that is something to experiment with as different communities work better with different timings.

Definately keep mods to a minimum, nothing that affects the game in severe ways *cough* classic flyers *cough*

That's about all you can do as an admin, the rest kinda comes down to the community and how they react, biggest issue with ark "pvp" is it isn't really pvp in most circumstances everyone just wants to be the strongest on the server/alpha and leave when another group beats them, wether that be player vs offline base or not.

Ark is a tough game to keep an active community on, especially in regards to pvp a lot of it is making sure your server is out there and as many people as possible me can see it, you don't really get a steady flow of regulars with ark, you get some that have stuck it through but then it comes to the newcomers that keep the population cycling along but to join they need to know about the server/s and see it is active.

Milhouse
Dino Master
Tribe: Floogals

Post#15 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:41 am

DrunkMunki wrote:I have had a few people recommend extinction core, possibly with the passive dino mod, some S+ and stacker mods with higher rates.

I have been playing around with extinction core in single player and it is awesome. Though i wouldnt put it on a PvP server some of the dinos are OP

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#16 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:21 am

Whats everyone's thoughts on dinos reaching max level instantly rather than relying on xp gain?

I have found that servers where dinos instantly reach their xp cap allowed smaller tribes to fight, I know most of the responses here are from Alpha players who may enjoy leveling their dinos manually and the accomplishment that comes from doing so but I believe this is one of the biggest drivers for some real PVP.

Silversage
Dino Tamer
Tribe: House Stark

Post#17 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:34 am

Stick wrote:Whats everyone's thoughts on dinos reaching max level instantly rather than relying on xp gain?

I have found that servers where dinos instantly reach their xp cap allowed smaller tribes to fight, I know most of the responses here are from Alpha players who may enjoy leveling their dinos manually and the accomplishment that comes from doing so but I believe this is one of the biggest drivers for some real PVP.

I don't see this as game breaking, and easy enough to implement, Worth a shot.

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#18 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:57 pm

I see no issue with Dino's instantly getting max XP..
Does balance it for the less full time players..

Moondoggie
Survivor
Tribe: RitaMVP

Post#19 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:39 pm

Stick wrote:Whats everyone's thoughts on dinos reaching max level instantly rather than relying on xp gain?

Instant XP cap is an awesome idea, best so far.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#20 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:26 am

I think this might have already been covered.

Ark PVP is broken and dying and it's glory days are not coming back :(

Vanilla is trash and everyone wants something different out of the unofficial settings and mods. But in the end it always pretty much goes the same way. Logging into to find all your shit smashed and no real way to recover to a point of competitiveness.

I loved Ark as much as the next guy, but it's over... Just Like ARMA 2 and the DayZ Epoch mod, this has done it's dash. From here on out you will only ever get short term population spikes on new servers that quickly decline. This is the same for all servers not just yours Munki.