PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Calling on all PvP'ers

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Re: Calling on all PvP'ers

Post#21 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:56 pm

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/ar ... news-r602/

Big changes to turrets on official with the upcoming patch, could bring you some players?

Silversage
Dino Tamer
Tribe: House Stark

Post#22 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:21 am

King_Kiff wrote:I think this might have already been covered.

Ark PVP is broken and dying and it's glory days are not coming back :(

Vanilla is trash and everyone wants something different out of the unofficial settings and mods. But in the end it always pretty much goes the same way. Logging into to find all your shit smashed and no real way to recover to a point of competitiveness.

I loved Ark as much as the next guy, but it's over... Just Like ARMA 2 and the DayZ Epoch mod, this has done it's dash. From here on out you will only ever get short term population spikes on new servers that quickly decline. This is the same for all servers not just yours Munki.

Incorrect, there is plenty of unofficial pvp servers with a constant 30+ player base.

Sekhmet114
Dino Master
Tribe: Bronies

Post#23 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:48 pm

Maybe give the 'instant-cap' cap a go - especially if you wipe every 4-6 weeks, you can possibly try something different on each wipe till you find the right setting.

Would definitely come back for some hardcore PVP that doesn't break the emotional bank of time invested and resources lost....

Vbanger
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#24 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:22 pm

I'm definitely keen to give it another go.

I'm down for:
* Lower gather (around 3 times)
* Higher taming/breeding for recovery
* No excessive raiding, just break/kill what you need to
* No mods, gamma on
* No leeds or titans

My only reason for leaving before was the ping (over 200 sometimes). I know before you've said it's not an issue with the server but I haven't had it that bad anywhere else. For the last few months I've been playing a Youtuber's English server with lots of people and way less ping. But like I said, I'm definitely keen to give it another go - I'd much rather play with this community.

Sekhmet114
Dino Master
Tribe: Bronies

Post#25 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:40 pm

Wondering - what would gameplay be like with a lack of tribe log/knowing who raided you unless you were on at the time.. Would that make things more fun or worse?

I can see it being abused, but might reduce the bitching? Could be a fun trial on one of the monthly wiped sessions...