PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Opinions - Ragnarok PVP server

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Sekhmet114
Dino Master
Tribe: Bronies

Opinions - Ragnarok PVP server

Post#1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:25 pm

Hey everyone - just looking for opinions on how you find the new PVP server?
I originally loved it, however soloing for me was kinda pointless, and I noticed a lot of newbs being griefed pretty quickly and leaving - not sure if that's just noobs (myself included) being princesses or maybe if we should look at having the 1st week being non-pvp to allow people to build up.

Not a critique but am mad keen to see the PVP servers getting populated and people having fun - now it's easy harvest that ideally shouldn't be a problem, with somewhat regular wipes etc.

Crash
Survivor
Tribe: [Blackwatch]

Re: Opinions - Ragnarok PVP server

Post#2 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:09 pm

The first week essentially was non-PVP. Structure damage was prevented for the first weekend and the only form of pvping was if you came across someone / they found you. Since everyone was too busy trying to build up, only full 6 man tribes who no-lifed the game (I can think of 3 off the top of my head from this wipe, my tribe included) even had the time or tools to pvp during the first week.

We started to notice a lot more people joining in the second/third week of the server from wipe, which by that point they were fighting very established tribes for resources, dinos and land. Naturally, this is hard for anyone- 6 man tribe or solo if these established tribes are hostile (or just territorial).

PVP is enabled from day one, there was PVP day one. Make use of the server's 1st week of no-structure damage to build up and go from there. Nothing really else to be done when you're playing a PVP server.