PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

PvE server is pretty cool

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

PvE server is pretty cool

Post#1 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:20 pm

Firstly I hope you all had a great xmas!

Secondly, after a 3 month holiday from Ark (and gaming in general) I have come back. I wanted to play casually and have the ability to leave the game to do other things occasionally so I chose to play PvE for the first time. Admittedly the whitelisted server was basically PvE anyway so I gave it a crack.

After a few nights on I can say it is a lot of fun, and quite challenging. Aberration is in the cluster but I haven't been there yet, however I know a few people are into it.

If you are bored with PvP or need some space from gaming intermittently then give PvE a crack. Muddy and I are tribed up so yell out if you need a hand.

The more people we get on the better!

Cheers and all the best for New Years
Datto

Plexor
Donator
Donator
Tribe: Zenith

Re: PvE server is pretty cool

Post#2 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:32 am

After playing on the PvE server I find the taming is super slow.

It's currently pointless to have the taming as 5x when food drain is 0.3.

The food drain setting variable affects ARK globally and perhaps there is a reason why many avoid the PvE server.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#3 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:10 am

Plexor wrote:The food drain setting variable affects ARK globally and perhaps there is a reason why many avoid the PvE server.

ive never had any requests to change it, im more than happy for people to discuss changes with me.

as with PvE server not being popular... you are welcome to help advertise the community and let people know about it.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Plexor
Donator
Donator

Post#4 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:09 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:ive never had any requests to change it, im more than happy for people to discuss changes with me.

Perhaps the new batch of players don't know any better? I am not sure if many here are ark veterans that had played around with dedicated server settings.

With the wild damage of 2x I expect to tame a dino army to handle high-level wilds that spawn a few yards in front and behind me at random but food drain on 0.3 makes it super difficult. Should I find a high level tame I hardly ever go out for a ride with it as I found that I need a tame that is 2x/3x level to match the wild. ( Again its all due to the random spawns appearing in front and back of players WildCard devs set, I have noticed this on PvP too).

Since PlayARK PvE server is running on "High stack" mod "hunger" is already manageable when your toon is able to chow down hundreds of steak on the hotbar. On PvE I expect to be killed by the "Environment" since PvE settings players and their tames are immortal to other players tames and turrets. ( I should think anyone who had tamed a titanosaur and walking it over someone's base will not have any effect and this give the player/tribe an option to experience a grand "mobile" platform base which is able to handle wild Gigantos, with the AllowRaidDinoFeeding enabled - too bad Titanosaur taming is turned off).

Another thing is "toon" only heals when their food is below max food points when food drains faster, a player is able to heal their character quickly after a fight.

So, in summary, the food and thirst drain should be default 1. It will ease the frustration of tames dying to 2x wild damage when taming rates are faster and helps with player healing. ( I am not sure about this community but I don't like sitting out for near 3 hours just to tame a Theriz a mid-game tier dino).

DrunkMunki wrote:as with PvE server not being popular... you are welcome to help advertise the community and let people know about it.

Well if you're fine with me publishing playthrough videos done on your server but in honesty settings need to be tweak so the PvE servers are enjoyable to many for few hours of play without breaking too much of the gameplay.

What I need to know is the community's playstyle so I can suggest server settings for taming multipliers, baby mature multipliers, cuddling interval multipliers and etc.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#5 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:26 pm

thank you for the feedback Plexor, as i don't play, i go off community feedback to know whats best.

I have applied the default setting for player and dino food AND water to 1.0, they will be applied next reboot

you have my full permission to promote the community through play-through videos.
The play style... would be casual, people just like doing things slow... but i dont want to implement quicker multipliers to speed up taming, wild dino is 2x to make it more challenging and i have adjusted the consumption rate to include water so people now need to be mindful of that.

Keep in mind the Nanny can help A LOT with looking after the babies, with imprinting and feeding ...

- Abberation, Scorched Earth, Ragnarok and TheIsland now have 1.0 food/water values
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Plexor
Donator
Donator

Post#6 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:33 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:thank you for the feedback Plexor, as i don't play, i go off community feedback to know whats best.

You did mention before you don' have much of a leisure to play the games you have hosted so I'm giving my feedback. :D

DrunkMunki wrote:I have applied the default setting for player and dino food AND water to 1.0, they will be applied next reboot

Thank you.

DrunkMunki wrote:you have my full permission to promote the community through play-through videos.

Nice will post links when I am done publishing them. :D

DrunkMunki wrote:The play style... would be casual, people just like doing things slow...

I understand on taking things slowly but babysitting a K.O tame for hours is just too long as some dino's torpor drain doesn't match their taming rate. (i.e Theriz are a nightmare to tame with current rates as it wakes up every 7 minutes without going through tons of narcs the current settings make players invest more than a thousand/ I have checked dododex to confirm this).

DrunkMunki wrote:but i dont want to implement quicker multipliers to speed up taming, wild dino is 2x to make it more challenging and i have adjusted the consumption rate to include water so people now need to be mindful of that.

Pretty much understood that's why I am suggesting a tweak in settings for the time invested and the risk that players are willing to take.

I don't find it a good investment to lose my 1 - 3-hour dino tame within a minute or two to 2x damage wilds and I am sure there are many out there who feel the same too and I know many wouldn't like a one-hit KO instant tame either.

DrunkMunki wrote:Keep in mind the Nanny can help A LOT with looking after the babies, with imprinting and feeding ...

Noted and will post feedback about breeding should it take too long for casual playstyle.

DrunkMunki wrote:- Abberation and Scorched Earth now have 1.0 food/water values

Just to confirm the food/water drain settings will be only on Aberration and SE or will it affect the whole cluster?

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#7 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:39 pm

Plexor wrote:Just to confirm the food/water drain settings will be only on Aberration and SE or will it affect the whole cluster?

Its whole cluster, so people dont have to keep track of what settings there are, was applied to AB and SE cause no one was on at the time i applied the settings.

Plexor
Donator
Donator

Post#8 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:27 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:Its whole cluster, so people dont have to keep track of what settings there are, was applied to AB and SE cause no one was on at the time i applied the settings.

Great! :D

Just to note the variables are "DinoCharacterFoodDrain" and "PlayerCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier" on server game file settings.

I'll port to SE later to test taming timers there later.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#9 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:48 pm

Plexor wrote:Just to note the variables are "DinoCharacterFoodDrain" and "PlayerCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier" on server game file settings.

Lol thanks for the server settings, but ive been doing this a while.. i even helped write up a admin guide - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =454529617 :) but im always up to learning something new :p

Plexor
Donator
Donator

Post#10 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:38 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:Lol thanks for the server settings, but ive been doing this a while.. i even helped write up a admin guide - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =454529617 :) but im always up to learning something new :p

Wow it's that is a good guide and it has every server variable available, I didn't know you helped wrote one. :lol:
Well since you have a reference I'll leave it to you.