PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

PVE mod list

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Smurf
Dino Master
Tribe: Tribe of Smurf

PVE mod list

Post#1 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:24 pm

Hey all, will be returning back to Ark after some time off back to the pve server would like to put a sort off poll to the people on that server and munki if he/everyone else to see if we can get 1 or more of Eco's mods added to the list.
Let me know your thoughts thanks.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: PVE mod list

Post#2 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:32 pm

Hey Smurf,
I do appreciate the request, but Eco's mods are more for casual building environments, and due to them being constantly updated... as i have found with the Whitelist cluster we had.. was very frustrating...
And they are usually very large... and i know a few people have had issues when trying to load in... at the moment the PvE cluster has about 14 mods and dont want to increase it unless it provides something for all players...

i look forward to seeing peoples feedback.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#3 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:35 pm

The whitelist was a great server with capability for a range of playing styles, but the number of mods really did slow down load in. My observations and how they relate to the PvE server and it's current mod load:

The Good: IMHO a lot of the larger mods cross over nowadays and complement each other, S+ and AA have largely the same crafting and utility items, however each mod has their own advantages such as AA provides a tek style wifi generator, which can power the S+ farmer, gardener, nanny etc without the need for their specific fuels. Removing S+ or AA would be detrimental to the server. The stacker mod is handy, particularly when you get established and develop larger farming regimes. The fog remover is essential particularly on Rag (they still cant remove water fog though LOL). Death helper and pet helper are useless until you have an incident, where they suddenly become the most important mod in the game (game crash whilst flying?). Wooden hanging bridge is nothing more than a bit of fun.

The Bad: Joans Egg and Poop Collector :mrgreen: is still the most reliable collector of it's type, but it could probably be removed now as S+ and AA both have the same functionality. TBH I haven't seen the S+ collector in the engrams, so it may need activation however it should run on the AA wifi generator if someone specifically wants to use it (I certainly would).

The Ugly: Eco's mods were fun however I found a lot of misalignment in their structures, far more than S+ has. As an example I built a huge stable on Ragnarok which took me days, when it came to the roof (which had a significant number of panels) a small number would not snap. Incredibly frustrating and I was unable to get around it. All of the mods ask that they be loaded in first, particularly S+, or the structure snapping can be affected. Multiple building mods could become an issue for the player.

I have my theories about how to cater for this, but it involves clustering the Center back in and it all requires extra work for Munki so I will withhold these for now.
Last edited by DattoSSS on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Smurf
Dino Master
Tribe: Tribe of Smurf

Post#4 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:33 pm

Yeah i seen you had the Eco stable mod, i wouldnt be looking at a different 'building' mod as S+ is still the king there i was more leaning towards the EcoRP to add that bit of flavour and creativity on the inside of our bases as we can all agree you go through alot of effort to build this awe inspiring shell of a base but there is very limited creativity to do inside.
Im open to more suggestion if EcoRp is still to large. As you said Dattoss maybe launch it on 1 server in the cluster at the start see the performance?