PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Automated kibble farming with S+ and Egg & Poop Collector

Have you come across something that might interest others? or sick of people asking the same questions, post it here for others to find.
DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Automated kibble farming with S+ and Egg & Poop Collector

Post#1 » Wed May 10, 2017 4:37 pm

For those that know me, I am a solo player by choice and take pride in designing and developing bases which are defendable yet efficient for solo harvesting and crafting. With the addition of S+ and resource pulling, I don't need to discuss base design around encumbered item transfers as it is now redundant however I will share with you my development on automated kibble farming.

Firstly I know S+ has an item collector and also the S+ compost bins will distribute fertiliser to nearby crop plots, and I have tested them. I won't enter into the pros and cons other than to say currently, my preference is Joans Egg and Poop Collector combined with the S+ Gardener. It is less clunky and more efficient, and you don't need SE engrams as the S+ collector requires propellant.

I do a lot of my base building using behemoth gates, they give you a 7 foundation wide and 12 wall high blockade which you can fence a whole base in with. S+ allows you to pickup and move them if required, and S+ glass also has greenhouse functionality with metal grade strength. In my base at the green obelisk swamp, I built the following:

This is a picture of the base under construction, but up on the ridge to the right you will see my dino pen and 'beergarden' (glass enclosure on far right - you can see the crop plots upstairs and blue egg collector downstairs). The dino pen is a 2 behemoth x 2 behemoth compound with roof made of S+ glass. Next to it is a fully enclosed S+ glass enclosure 12 walls high and 2 storey. There is a small elevator in the middle for access between floors, and the top floor has 300% greenhouse effect. I internally plumbed and electrified all floor panels on both floors. I apologise about the small size but this is the only screen shot I took.

The top floor is filled with crop plots, and I planted multiple crops of every vegetable as well as narcos and mejos. These crop plots were watered by taps attached to the plumbed floor. On the lower floor, I had egg and poop collector, with an egg and poop large compost bin and S+ gardener, as well as multiple beer barrels. Everything was kept in range of each other, and placed so that all passive dinos were in range of the collector.

The automation occurs like this, as the dino enclosure is behemoth size the Gigas, brontos and Quetzes produce large poop. It is collected in the silo and converted to fertiliser in the compost bin. The bin then automatically places two fertiliser in every crop plot (including all the Xplants around the large base), which as I said are fully watered. The S+ gardener, downstairs, collects all the berries and veges produced by the crop plots. In doing so (and I am not sure this is meant to happen) the beer barrels automatically had thatch placed in them by the poop silo, so all I had to do was load them up with mejos (from the gardener) and there was plenty of beer produced for the gardener. I would simply maintain a dozen glass jars and keep the gardener full of beer, and he would collect berries automatically for weeks. It was not unusual to have 40K narcoberries collected in a few days which I would then add to several thousand spoiled meat in the chem bench to level me up passively as well as thousands of kibble veges.

The collector was placed strategically to also take in part of the swamp. Titanboas will not lay eggs if they are not in a mapped swamp area, so they basically have to be in water or specific swampland. They also only lay eggs on render, and only 1 egg in a particular area range. I made a boa egg farm, in the water, from stone behemoths and would fill it with snakes. As I flew in and out of render the collector would pick up these rare eggs, and I would get 3-4 per login, as well as literally hundreds of dino eggs from my egg farm. In placing an S+ Industrial Cooker and Preserving Bin with the gardener and collector, I basically had a one stop kibble shop that saved me a significant amount of time. The only ones that were unimpressed were my dung beetles as they were now unemployed.

On a side note, I tamed 4 Achatina and let them roam around the garden. They produced 400 paste an hour(which I had to collect) as well as thousands of drops which the collector picked up - this meant I never needed to go out for cementing paste ever again.

I hope this helps you with your base design and saves your valuable time.
Last edited by DattoSSS on Wed May 10, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CodaCat
Elemental Killer
Tribe: Catz [A.E.S]

Re: Automated kibble farming with S+ and Egg & Poop Collector

Post#2 » Wed May 10, 2017 5:16 pm

Datto I must say awsome base you got there its epic I will most certainly use the tips to great use. Thank you.

Sincerely CodaCat
Codaf

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor

Post#3 » Wed May 10, 2017 5:32 pm

CodaCat wrote:Datto I must say awsome base you got there its epic I will most certainly use the tips to great use. Thank you.
Sincerely CodaCat

Thanks mate, the main base was originally the usual cube, but when S+ came in I was trying for a castle look. I think I got more of an outback dunny with a chimney to be honest :mrgreen:

The original base (unpainted in the photo under the black 'castle top') is non S+ and housed my vertical egg farm - egg dinos all mounted on ramps on a vertical wall - the eggs would drop to the floor for me to manually collect. As egg collector operates offline, we only need 2 of each kibble dino so no more requirement for a large egg farm.

I should mention the reason I have xplants mounted on hatchframes is that was the roofline of the original base, and mounting turrets on the outer extremities of hatchframes allows them to shoot straight down and back towards the foundation line, so people on fast pteras were unable to fly in under the turrets to the foundation line. If the turrets were conventionally mounted on catwalks or roofline they would not be able to shoot down vertically or back to the foundation line. The xplants were mounted behind the turrets on the hatchframes. This screenshot was taken during construction of the towers which later housed all the turrets through the parapets.

Milhouse
Dino Master
Tribe: Floogals

Post#4 » Sat May 13, 2017 5:01 am

+1 respect to you sir. Its nice to see someone showing some insight on how to do things.

Silversage
Dino Tamer
Tribe: House Stark

Post#5 » Sat May 13, 2017 7:02 am

Nice guide, But you do not need SE engrams to make propellant, you can craft it in the s+ Grinder by breaking down:
1 Sulfur + 1 Cactus Sap + 1 Oil -> 1 Propellant

Make cactus sap: 2 Tree Sap -> 1 Cactus Sap

Make Sulfur: 3 Poop -> 1 Sulfur

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor

Post#6 » Sat May 13, 2017 11:15 am

Silversage wrote:Nice guide, But you do not need SE engrams to make propellant, you can craft it in the s+ Grinder by breaking down:
1 Sulfur + 1 Cactus Sap + 1 Oil -> 1 Propellant
Make cactus sap: 2 Tree Sap -> 1 Cactus Sap
Make Sulfur: 3 Poop -> 1 Sulfur

Thanks Silver, I did test the S+ collector using the above but found it clunky. I much prefer the egg and poop collector at this point in time.