PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Double Stone

Made an Indestructible building, where no dino can get you? or just a simple shack, post the screenshots here.
Share your ideas!
CremeFraiche
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Cr3me

Double Stone

Post#1 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:51 am

Do you guys think it is even worth building double stone walls and roofs for your base or does it really not pose that much advantage? I mean if raiders want into your base, double walls or not, will it really make much of a difference to them? Obviously I want quad metal but I also want a ferrari and it looks like I have about the same amount of chance for both of those happening lol.

Interested to hear peoples opinions on here.
2016 Ark Hide and Seek Champion

MarineWolf
Gatherer
Tribe: Suicide 3

Re: Double Stone

Post#2 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:19 pm

with stone no i dont think there is mush point. But if you have the resources and the time it cant hurt to do it. anything that can make the life a raider harder i would do

CremeFraiche
Dino Tamer

Post#3 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:00 pm

I guess so! I'm thinking bear traps would be great too, except I hate that you can also get stuck in them haha. Would love to just throw a million of them in front of my base.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#4 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:28 pm

Double stone means 2 RPGs to blow through instead of one - easy.

Quad metal means 24 RPG's instead of 6 to blow through - easy.

Always remember that on an increased harvest server it may be easy to build and repair, but its also easy to make explosives.

You will get raided, and the raiders will be efficient and comply with the server rules. You will not get wiped like on officials.

Your best defence, is know the rules and build your base around the rules. The multiple skin structures on youtube are great on official servers as farming materials is a painful grind. Not so here.

This server is the thinking persons server. You have plenty of everything to build with, and raiders have plenty of everything to breach your build.

What you need to think about is how do I apply the rules to my build to mitigate the breach?

CremeFraiche
Dino Tamer

Post#5 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:06 pm

I like this, thank you very much.
Have to put some serious, calculated thought into base building on this server then by the sounds of it and that's exciting.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#6 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:47 pm

Here is some food for thought.

No turrets, no pin codes on anything. Open all your doors, makes your base as open as possible. Place all tames on passive in an area where they can't be nabbed or have wilds dropped on them. Then hide your valuables "off shore" or "under a rock". Then build your self a cool base no one can hurt.

During the week you can keep it closed but on weekends open her all wide up. Just get crafty about where you stash your goddies, Remember not all in one place!

The rules state you are only allowed to gain entrance so if everything is open nothing can be broken or killed, without breaking the rules.

The moment you have locked doors let alone turrets or plant X's you WILL be blown open. Full stop. The end. Accept this and build something uber defended as well as have a large tribe that is always online to stop offline raids. Or try my approach. It has worked well for me so far.

CremeFraiche
Dino Tamer

Post#7 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:30 pm

Ahhh I like your thinking! Very neat work around :D . Although finding cool little hiding places may prove tricky, that in itself could be quite fun.