PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Any rules for contacting others on Steam?

Got a question ? or a suggestion about our site or server? post it here :)
Sekhmet114
Dino Master
Tribe: Bronies

Any rules for contacting others on Steam?

Post#1 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:52 pm

Hi team,

While i understand that this is a PvP server, things will be said... Is there any implied expectations of behavior for outside the game itself, such as adding/messaging others via Steam? I recently had it happen after a barrage of abuse in-game, and felt very uncomfortable being contacted out-of-game and forced into a position of submission - especially as the threat of non-compliance was to have my base wiped.

Really, I just want to play and have fun, and this *actually* made me somewhat fearful and not wanting to play on the server anymore.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: Any rules for contacting others on Steam?

Post#2 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:57 pm

Its up to you to be contacted outside of game, keep in mind anything said out of game isn’t monitored and any abuse is up to you to manage.

I believe if you feel uncomfortable giving out your steam or going on team speak, just don’t do it, there are other options in game such as tribe chat and local chat.

Just remember this is just a game and if you feel harassed please let me know, and if you do get stressed out, take a breather, this is only a game and don’t let some players out there get to you.

remember you are here to have fun.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Muddy
Dino Master
Tribe: A.E.S

Post#3 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:30 pm

This is a very grey area I feel. Although Munki has no control over what happens outside of the game, I feel there is a duty of care as these people have met via the playark server. Seems like the harasser is using steam chat to circumvent the harassment rules (Found here) so maybe the harasser should be warned?
Sekhmet114, I also suggest you delete/block this player from your steam friends list.

Farcue
Gatherer
Tribe: Choking Hazard

Post#4 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:36 pm

I think if you can prove with a screenshot etc that a player has been abusive outside the game that they should really be considered for a ban... it's Munki's server and he can do as he wishes obviously but that's just my 2 bobs worth. On another note that may be related or not as it's just a rumor but there may already be a significant player exodus in the works...

Sekhmet114
Dino Master
Tribe: Bronies

Post#5 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:37 am

Thanks guys, I'll bear that in mind - said individual has behaved themselves since. any issues and I'll block them/provide screenshots

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#6 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:34 pm

You certainly were not the only player messaged in such a way. ( obviously wasnt me but ive been sent things )