PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Plugins?

Got a question ? or a suggestion about our site or server? post it here :)
Viles
Dino Tamer
Tribe:

Plugins?

Post#1 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:40 am

what do you guys think? make it more of a challenge for those cunts who keep raiding us

[SERVER PLUGIN] Base Raiding Protection
http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/di ... 177819162/

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: Plugins?

Post#2 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:09 am

looks interesting,
Although adding invulnerable bases does remove some of the gameplay and could possible make the server unstable due to bugs in the plugin.
would like to know everyone’s thoughts?
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Aburai
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#3 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:42 pm

The idea seems very plausible for this server particularly. We are mostly friendly, and although raiding is part of the game, waking up to a completely destroyed wooden 8x9x5 base with 3 floors is frustrating to say the least. I only had a few crafting tables and about 7 storage chests - altogether too for convenience of raiders - but no, they saw it fit to destroy my entire main base and all my beds. I have spent hundreds of hours on this server in particular, building things up predominantly solo - and it's unfortunate that raiders raid between 2am and 8am when the rest of us have lives to attend to and need sleep and cannot possibly defend that. Raiding is fine, griefing however is extremely bad mannered and in a way is abusing the raiding system (in my humble opinion).

NealieGotcha
Dino Tamer
Tribe:

Post#4 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:07 am

Personally i think knowing that your base is safe from raiders whilst on or offline with use of a plugin will significantly descrease both immersion and enjoyment values for players as i feel that while not the whole point of the game is to fight but also and mainly is to survive and thats where i see most enjoyment.

Never have i played a title like this and i cannot "put it down" so to speak.. i am alt tabbed right now man haha !

Half of the battle / fun of this is working out what will work where and with what and the "ohh dayyyymmm that will keep em out factor is present. I understand the stupid and lazy trollers / raiders of offliners but we can't sacrifice the primary objective to a secondary risk...

thoughts ?

Aburai
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#5 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:01 am

NealieGotcha I get where you're coming from regarding primary objectives of the game - however the game is intended for survival and offers a PvP and PvE element. When you are raided while asleep, I regard that as neither - you have no opportunity to fight back, and offline raiders should not have free reign to completely demolish bases for no apparent reason except for animosity. Yes it is a game, but even games should have rules and ethics - imagine PvP in real life as "defending yourself"; now imagine breaking into someone's home, demolishing it, and killing the residents while they are asleep - sure I draw on real life laws, but there are certain decencies that should be experienced online as well, and if a handful of individuals are responsible (and will be most effected with this plug-in), then how is that any different from restricting road rules for younger drivers? It's not like the invincibility has to be 24/7, the plug-in outlines the possibility for specific set schedules of invincibility - such as purely overnight while most of the server sleeps or on weekdays. This, in effect, could actually serve to set up tribe or solo "raid times", thereby potentially enhancing game-play by providing the opportunity to wage war against others who are actually online and defending.

NealieGotcha
Dino Tamer
Tribe:

Post#6 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:08 pm

Aburai - Reference your previous post..

I get where you are coming from and thank you for shedding some light on the editing of said plugin parameters for timings as i was not wanting to have this new mindset of "screw base defense it's unbreakable by a PvE AI and we don't have any human threats..

It wouldn't make for as much as what it is now when your expecting a tap on your shoulder from a bad guy, so you live in a world of Paranoia "Errrrmeeeggeeerrhhhdddd you didnt close the 12th door behind you man.. thats 250 stone... NOW !!!! (BRB alt tabbed and making sure i locked the doors... :lol: ) (happened to me on my first game on a US server hence why i am now residing where i belong as i was sick of idiots being tough guys on they're keyboards then logging out when the real fun began.

If it were set server side (AUST) would you suggest it be a 2 am to 6 am thing for local AU time zone ? the latter of that time period is when the otherside of the earth is online so the server falls vunerable to people who couldnt give a hoot as they have no connection to our community or are not interested in the PvE side. In this instance when devs release steam id logs to hosts to ban specific repeat offenders it will start to clear things up and also empower the Admin team to act swiftly for any other times as it's not there normal sleep times...

When was the last time you looked like this :mrgreen: when saying Hi to a Dilo ?

Aburai
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#7 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:47 pm

NealieGotcha wrote:If it were set server side (AUST) would you suggest it be a 2 am to 6 am thing for local AU time zone ? the latter of that time period is when the otherside of the earth is online so the server falls vunerable to people who couldnt give a hoot as they have no connection to our community or are not interested in the PvE side. In this instance when devs release steam id logs to hosts to ban specific repeat offenders it will start to clear things up and also empower the Admin team to act swiftly for any other times as it's not there normal sleep times...

Honestly I think implementing a 4 hour peaceful period might probably be enough - people start logging in by 7am, so it would limit the amount of time for said uninterested parties to anonymously hit everyone else while they're asleep.

Nogaxeh
Dino Tamer
Tribe: The Immortals

Post#8 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:27 am

It's funny because it was this guy and his group who raided Aburai while he was offline.

NealieGotcha
Dino Tamer
Tribe:

Post#9 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:45 pm

Nogaxeh wrote:It's funny because it was this guy and his group who raided Aburai while he was offline.

just to claify, he did not mean Arkaholics Anonymous or myself i think it was meant for OP.

Glaceon
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#10 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:06 pm

I think 10-6 or even 12-6 may be a bit better not many people are online at 2am