PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Up structure limits?

Got a question ? or a suggestion about our site or server? post it here :)
Crimson
Survivor
Tribe: Polyester Girls

Re: Up structure limits?

Post#11 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:56 pm

It sucks hitting build cap. BUT there are already bases on the server that if defended are practically unraidable, and even if attacked while offline while following the rules would be unraidable for 90% of the server. With the tribe size limit and the raid time limit I think the structures need to remain at the current limit.

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#12 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:04 pm

I agree with Crimson.

We too have hit the build limit but I see it as a reasonably well defended base. There is absolutely no need to double, triple or even quadruple your walls. Go and have a look at Miwi's base as an example, they had a 7/8 wall thick base which was blown open during an online raid.

If we up the structure limit Munki would also have to change the raiding time limits due to size potential.

If you have structure limit problems then I would recommend that you take up a lot more land, Structure limits are zoned and you can find out where that zone ends quite easily. We managed to do this prewipe and had multiple buildings over a large area with no problems.

KorpseGrinda
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Powerpuff boys

Post#13 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:42 am

RE upping the cost for explosives, I actually think this would only hinder new/smaller tribes.

Just from our perspective, you could triple the cost of rockets and it would not impact us in the slightest.

anonymous404
Fresh Spawn
Tribe: The Cool Runnings

Post#14 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:54 am

Hey Guys,
So i am a new player on the server, only been on 2 days. After reading through this thread i was compelled to register so i can have a say aswell.

I have played on other servers, some of them i think were run on a potato due to lag, but as for the base limits, I'm really disappointed my imagination needs to be curbed/ restricted. I hate the fact that i wont be able build base the size of which i normally would. I'm known for having large bases. I honestly didn't realize when i joined the server that i would be restricted with what i do. Its almost enough for me to pull the tribe and play on another server.

Taking up more land isn't always a plausible answer to the problem either, as it is a populated server space is a premium. Trying to find a good base location that has plenty of "flat" land is already a nightmare.

How does the s+ mod effect structure size? Does a XL large wall count as 1 or does it count as say 5 walls? i've never player using this mod. This may turn out to be a decent work around.

The idea of uping the cost on explosives will definitely hinder newer players especially the one trying to defend them selves from the players that are well established. (yes you can use grenades /rockets for defense).

Lots of points to ponder on but it will make a huge difference to game play on the server.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#15 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:30 am

anonymous404 wrote:Hey Guys,
So i am a new player on the server, only been on 2 days. After reading through this thread i was compelled to register so i can have a say aswell.

I have played on other servers, some of them i think were run on a potato due to lag, but as for the base limits, I'm really disappointed my imagination needs to be curbed/ restricted. I hate the fact that i wont be able build base the size of which i normally would. I'm known for having large bases. I honestly didn't realize when i joined the server that i would be restricted with what i do. Its almost enough for me to pull the tribe and play on another server.

Taking up more land isn't always a plausible answer to the problem either, as it is a populated server space is a premium. Trying to find a good base location that has plenty of "flat" land is already a nightmare.

How does the s+ mod effect structure size? Does a XL large wall count as 1 or does it count as say 5 walls? i've never player using this mod. This may turn out to be a decent work around.

The idea of uping the cost on explosives will definitely hinder newer players especially the one trying to defend them selves from the players that are well established. (yes you can use grenades /rockets for defense).

Lots of points to ponder on but it will make a huge difference to game play on the server.

With the introduction of S+ finding flat land isn't really needed now, foundations are stackable and can be placed ontop of each other. I would still prefer structure limits to be upped, but I guess the answer is just take up more land as simple as that.

Beowulf
Dino Tamer
Tribe: The Fellowship

Post#16 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:38 pm

My tribe just started on this server but I can see this potenially being a issue. There is already a lot of bases in good spots so finding a nice location is difficult but once we decide on a place we will start building. What is the building limit on this server?
But then again the lag that comes with large bases can be bad. Flying in and you see all the dinos then the building renders around and you are in turret range.