We have change the way we accept donations towards the community, we are now using Patreon.
Visit our link at https://www.patreon.com/GamingAlliance and donate and get some extra benefits while you are at it :)
PlayARK Australia is not run for profit and all donations goes towards this community.

Element for Beating Bosses

Got a question ? or a suggestion about our site or server? post it here :)
Ragnarok
Veteran
Posts: 170
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings
Status: Offline

Re: Element for Beating Bosses

Post#41 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:55 pm

Smurf wrote:
Yeah i'm quite sure you have far superior knowledge to me, but then again with 1800+ more hours I would surely hope so. You are right I do struggle getting 10 Artifacts in a timely manner thanks Life for getting in the way of what's important Ark. Again your reading comprehension is outstanding I truly commend you on that, I clearly stated why not test it on Island server for remainder of this run until the wipe so hence it has absolutely no impact on your play style at all. K thx bye.
And what do you think will happen when every tribe has tek because they do the hard ones with other tribes once then just farm the ape solo afterwards for element farming because you can get a ridiculously stupid amount of element from it then? It will then mean that the same stats will likely transfer over to next wipe which I do not want and I genuinely think most of the server wouldn't want based on how tek is at the moment.
I already said pump your movement speed up and use grappling hook, after a couple of tries you will get every on land cave artifact apart from swamp cave in a matter of 10 mins or so each.

Gambit
Veteran
Posts: 148
Tribe:
Status: Offline

Re: Element for Beating Bosses

Post#42 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:15 pm

I did 10+ of every artifact within about 10 hours (Pro-tip; quetzal & s+ crafting station)
Once you've done it once you'll be laughing as you run it rapidly - only cave that's slow is the swamp one.
Get two or three people running caves with you, high ms+grapples as stated by Ragnar.

Also, the fact of us being inactive is by our choice; as you said having a "life"

I've previously done the bosses and frankly you don't need to believe me as others have evidence, go check my steam profile if you doubt it.

Gambit
Veteran
Posts: 148
Tribe:
Status: Offline

Re: Element for Beating Bosses

Post#43 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:22 pm

Plexor wrote:I am assuming topic is swarmed with jelousy from ex-players, who quit for a reason before tek got out and their strong objections with theory crafting is preventing current players having their fun.



I had tek tier, was in fact the first tribe on the island to get it - i then quit the server.

User avatar
Plexor
Donator
Donator
Posts: 42
Tribe: Zenith
Status: Offline

Re: Element for Beating Bosses

Post#44 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:00 pm

Gambit wrote:I did 10+ of every artifact within about 10 hours (Pro-tip; quetzal & s+ crafting station)
Once you've done it once you'll be laughing as you run it rapidly - only cave that's slow is the swamp one.
Get two or three people running caves with you, high ms+grapples as stated by Ragnar.


Also have you not forgotten there was a flier nerf?

Maybe you have done your run laughing with a super fast quetz with speed points but after patch v256 I am not sure us new players would be laughing as hard you even if you think this is valid.

The flier nerf did slow down gathering time so what you think dino on quetz with 10x rates before works but it's double the time now.

User avatar
El_Jefe
Dino Tamer
Posts: 25
Tribe: CNA
Status: Offline

Re: Element for Beating Bosses

Post#45 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:12 pm

Ok well this has turned into a glorious thread of early gamers abusing the dudes that have been playing here for much longer than them, so let me make this quick and easy to grasp. Rag was playing the Island for the first 4 months of this wipe, and was playing the wipe before that. Gambit has been playing for years, and has been responsible for a few of the largest shake-ups that the server has seen. Datto has been here since the dawn of time too. And I've basically lived on the server for 10-11 months now. We know how the game works, and we know when an exploit/easy method to do something becomes known, that people WILL use it. As previously stated, Gambit has done the Islands tek journey, as have I, and Rag and I have played a 100x server with easy access to tek for all players. You seem to think that element is incredibly hard to get, but you refuse to empathise with why that may be the case. I may also point out that the only ones who have made their opinion voiced on how hard it is to get, are all part of the same tribe. I may also point out that plex has spent more hours in game than I have this month, so there goes your whole argument of needing to devote all your time/life to get minimal tek. Yes, I have said that tek is a lot of work for a less than lucrative set of armor, however I did say that the tek stuctures are good and that they are priced nicely. To place it in perspective, I had 100 element last wednesday, I made 2 pieces of tek armor, built a 3x4 tek floor, and turned 60k metal and 450k gunpowder into bullets (do the math if you want lol). At the end of the night I had 20 element. That whole thing certainly was expensive, but the actual element cost of it all was less than the reward gained from a hard megapithicus. Tek drops on the Island are fine as they currently stand, if you don't agree and just want easy access to tek, then message me and I will give you the server address for that 100x server where you will have all the tek you could ever want in the first 30 minutes, and you will be bored of all the tek you could ever want by the 1 hour 30 mark. Maybe the key here is that you really want is to install classic flyers instead of higher tek drops, to speed up artifact gathering.

User avatar
Plexor
Donator
Donator
Posts: 42
Tribe: Zenith
Status: Offline

Re: Element for Beating Bosses

Post#46 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:36 am

El_Jefe wrote:Ok well this has turned into a glorious thread of early gamers abusing the dudes that have been playing here for much longer than them, so let me make this quick and easy to grasp.


It is not a matter of abuse but just opinions, there are things which a skilled indivdual can do with an image editing software and with cases like this I tend to take things with skeptism until clarified.

Sorry to say that some may think as your point above but this is my personality.

Since you are an active player on the Island I have to take your post as face value.

El_Jefe wrote:I may also point out that plex has spent more hours in game than I have this month, so there goes your whole argument of needing to devote all your time/life to get minimal tek.


Jefe with due respect your investigation skills has made my hair stand on end. :lol:

However what lead me to this push was a tribe who didn't read the rules and a member from that tribe who just turned level 35 along with the rest of the tribe below the PvP threshold rule in the Island server decided to assault a solo player during raid day thinking it was an easy meal.

Boy they are so wrong as I got off with minimal losses and repaid them with the high leveled dinos you traded with me and other players included which I paid in resources that you requested in full.

You and the traders have my thanks.

And again my in-game activities does not involve the tribe as whole even you may think us as merged just recently; we are still working individually.

El_Jefe wrote: Maybe the key here is that you really want is to install classic flyers instead of higher tek drops, to speed up artifact gathering.


Well unfortunately when Munks did a poll for classic fliers and I know some of my tribe members did voted 'No'.
Now when I think back it seems they shot themselves on the foot as you and I did agree the flier nerf was implemented roughly.

Besides it wasn't me who was craving with the obsession for tek till the point of neglecting other areas of the game as I am stratigic player as such and would like certain things within the tribe to be improved before taking the leap.

Peace be unto you.
Last edited by Plexor on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Posts: 170
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings
Status: Offline

Re: Element for Beating Bosses

Post#47 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:51 am

Plexor wrote:Well unfortunately when Munks did a poll for classic fliers and I know some of my tribe members did voted 'No'.
Now when I think back it seems they shot themselves on the foot as you and I did agree the flier nerf was implemented roughly.

Ask for it to be implemented now then and see what peoples opinions are now? I and I think a lot of other people were waiting to see how they buffed flyers, they buffed them but not by a lot, it was a bit of a disappointment. How ever I have to be honest I'm conflicted, I used to hoon around on 600-700ms quetzs, nothing could touch you, but gigas were essentially almost useless on servers as it was too easy to pick. However now Gigas are risky to pick, you might get the player but if the player's on the ball on a giga he will dodge and then bite you and you will probably die if it's fully imprinted and leveled. So the flyer nerf has restored a real pvp imbalance, but you might find more people are keen for classic flyers now that the buff has happened and was rather anticlimatic.

User avatar
DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Posts: 1087
Tribe: Admin
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Element for Beating Bosses

Post#48 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:24 am

Hey Guys+Gals,
thanks for the posts, was very helpful.
At this stage I will wait until the next major patch is released to see how the caves are (if they are released).
If they are not released in next patch i will increase Element from 1x to 1.5-2x from bosses.

And just to clarify, Ragnar has been on the server a very long time, I would show you the battlemetrics link but that was pre-move when TheIsland was on the Brisbane server .. which showed the number of hours.. which has been deleted as that server no longer exists.

I am aware of TekTier being game changing, but i would consider the tech just as powerful as asc gear/weapons, and the rules prevent abuse, but would be fun to see people flying around on jetpacks (even though its expensive).

If you want to try out TekGear, you can go on our SE or TheCentre server and use the mods workbench, you can also craft element and not have to do bosses.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest