PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Element for Beating Bosses

Got a question ? or a suggestion about our site or server? post it here :)
DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Element for Beating Bosses

Post#1 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:20 pm

Greetings,
I have had some requests to increase the element dropped when beating a boss.

The current (vanilla) values are:
Broodmother
Easy: 10
Medium: 28
Hard: 74

Megapithecus
Easy: 20
Medium: 55
Hard: 120

Manticore
Easy: 25
Medium: 90
Hard: 190

Dragon
Easy: 34
Medium: 140
Hard: 300

Due to the amount of resources it requires, I am looking at changing it to;
Amount dropped with be within those 2 values.
Broodmother
Easy: 20-50
Medium: 100-200
Hard: 200-400
TheCentre: 300-600

Megapithecus
Easy: 36-50
Medium: 150-200
Hard: 360-450
TheCentre: 300-600

Manticore
Easy: 75-125
Medium: 240-300
Hard: 500-750

Dragon
Easy: 72-120
Medium: 300-500
Hard: 900-1200

What are your thoughts?

Tek Gear Costs:
Tek Helmet
TekHelmet.PNG
TekHelmet.PNG (10.28 KiB) Viewed 20410 times

Tek Chestpiece
TekChestpiece.PNG
TekChestpiece.PNG (10.28 KiB) Viewed 20410 times

Tek Gauntlets
TekGauntlets.PNG
TekGauntlets.PNG (10.3 KiB) Viewed 20410 times

Tek Leggings
TekLeggings.PNG
TekLeggings.PNG (10.28 KiB) Viewed 20410 times

Tek Boots
TekBoots.PNG
TekBoots.PNG (10.29 KiB) Viewed 20410 times

Rex Tek Saddle
TekRexSaddle.PNG
TekRexSaddle.PNG (10.44 KiB) Viewed 20410 times

Tek Replicator
TekReplicator.PNG
TekReplicator.PNG (10.35 KiB) Viewed 20410 times
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Smurf
Dino Master
Tribe: Tribe of Smurf

Re: Element for Beating Bosses

Post#2 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:26 pm

Those are fantastic, it makes the grind of getting everything worthwhile from raising rexes to cave diving and tribute hunting worth the investment.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#3 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:05 pm

Tek gear goes through element like a bogan through VB. How ever I feel like this could be heavily abused, do the dragon on hard then in the weekend just use your tek rex on whatever base you want and knock the whole thing down cause you got 1200 element from doing it once? If you could limit it to just tek building and armour I would be all for it.

BaconShakin
Fresh Spawn
Tribe:

Post#4 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:20 pm

i support these changes xD

Smurf
Dino Master

Post#5 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:45 pm

Ragnarok wrote:Tek gear goes through element like a bogan through VB. How ever I feel like this could be heavily abused, do the dragon on hard then in the weekend just use your tek rex on whatever base you want and knock the whole thing down cause you got 1200 element from doing it once? If you could limit it to just tek building and armour I would be all for it.

I can see you're point but do you realize how hard or time consuming it is to do Hard dragon. We are talking about clearing 10 caves for the Artifacts needed. Yes tek laser on a rex can be dangerous but you realize the laser only does 60 a hit on metal structures. Tek weapons do more damage against tek structures than metal, much rather use C4/rockets.

El_Jefe
Dino Tamer
Tribe: CNA

Post#6 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:48 pm

Personally I think it may be best to wait until after the april 30 patch which plans to introduce the tek cave, as I believe its purpose will be to make the tek tree more viable to those not willing to repeatedly farm bosses though the ability to farm the cave for tek shards. As the game currently stands, tek raiding is basically raiding on easy mode if a player is willing to grind bulk bosses before the raid because it negates the need to find weak spots in a base and involves nothing more than riding a tek rex and pressing left click until a hole is created. Element should be hard to get, because if it becomes easy then nobody will bother doing good old fashioned c4 and rocket raids because the abundance of element will make tek the new path of least resistance, particularly in offline situations.

It currently is possible on the island to gather enough element to build with/use tek items, which has been proven by more than 4 highly motivated tribes who have achieved this objective. Anyone can get it themselves if they put in the time and effort, but if everyone has it then suddenly it loses most of the appeal for getting it in the first place.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#7 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:10 pm

Smurf wrote:I can see you're point but do you realize how hard or time consuming it is to do Hard dragon. We are talking about clearing 10 caves for the Artifacts needed. Yes tek laser on a rex can be dangerous but you realize the laser only does 60 a hit on metal structures. Tek weapons do more damage against tek structures than metal, much rather use C4/rockets.
I have 2.2k hours on ark I am well aware of "the grind". Tek doesn't get shot by turrets, rockets and c4 do. Hence if you have a really well defended base it would be easier for someone to raid it with a tek rex if they were getting 1200 element for one dragon fight.

Smurf
Dino Master

Post#8 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:22 pm

Ragnarok wrote:
Smurf wrote:I can see you're point but do you realize how hard or time consuming it is to do Hard dragon. We are talking about clearing 10 caves for the Artifacts needed. Yes tek laser on a rex can be dangerous but you realize the laser only does 60 a hit on metal structures. Tek weapons do more damage against tek structures than metal, much rather use C4/rockets.
I have 2.2k hours on ark I am well aware of "the grind". Tek doesn't get shot by turrets, rockets and c4 do. Hence if you have a really well defended base it would be easier for someone to raid it with a tek rex if they were getting 1200 element for one dragon fight.

So does that mean we should limit the use of Catapults as they have longer reach than Turrets and cant be shot down by them either. I'm ok to wait to April 30 not because of the Tek cave as if you have a quick google search they have been talking about tek caves since late 2015, but the release of the tek turret.

El_Jefe
Dino Tamer
Tribe: CNA

Post#9 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:34 pm

Smurf wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:

So does that mean we should limit the use of Catapults as they have longer reach than Turrets and cant be shot down by them either. I'm ok to wait to April 30 not because of the Tek cave as if you have a quick google search they have been talking about tek caves since late 2015, but the release of the tek turret.

I'm sure you are already quite aware of why catapults and tek items are totally different, but in case you aren't its because long range aiming of a catapult requires skill and must be either set up on a quetz, or on a raid base. However tek rifles offer the mobility of a human, and adequate damage to get the job done (even if the job its just breaking a few catwalks to make it easy to march a turtle in), in a simple point and shoot system.

Smurf
Dino Master

Post#10 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:56 am

You're talking as if oh it's 1 dragon fight you get 1200 element that's too much, do you realize you have to go into every cave on the map, which is a massive resource drain in itself with the ice cave and swamp cave to get the artefact before you face a Hard dragon which in it's self is a tough fight which you do have a chance to loose everything, As I have I recently fought Megapithecus and I lost 17 fully levelled, fully imprinted rexes all with Ascended Saddles for what the intended prize was 55 element which isn't even enough to build a replicator.

This whole argument is about raiding, Speaking from the Island when was the last time you seen a raid? And you even said yourself Jefe that bosses are a fun challenge but the reward wasn't worth it. Now atm yes tek rifles do have a longer range than turrets but all that will become void in april 30 patch with the introduction of the Tek turret.
End of the day you agree that Raising of 20 Rex with full imprints and collecting all the other essentials just to receive a meagre amount of Element isn't worth the time investment, Now if we want a even playing field than why not do what Munki has just done to the Centre & SE map and put the Tek Bench in so everyone will be on a even playing ground. This game is meant to be fun and if the latest part that keeps getting content is locked away by hours and hours of meaningless grinding then it ceases to be enjoyable.