We have change the way we accept donations towards the community, we are now using Patreon.
Visit our link at https://www.patreon.com/GamingAlliance and donate and get some extra benefits while you are at it :)
PlayARK Australia is not run for profit and all donations goes towards this community.

Element for Beating Bosses

Got a question ? or a suggestion about our site or server? post it here :)
User avatar
Plexor
Donator
Donator
Posts: 42
Tribe: Zenith
Status: Offline

Re: Element for Beating Bosses

Post#11 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:44 am

Ragnarok wrote:Tek gear goes through element like a bogan through VB. How ever I feel like this could be heavily abused, do the dragon on hard then in the weekend just use your tek rex on whatever base you want and knock the whole thing down cause you got 1200 element from doing it once? If you could limit it to just tek building and armour I would be all for it.


Just the thing why is Center players making comments for Island server?

And with the tek bench Mod everything tek is accesible on level 85 and able to craft elements from basic resources is NOT fair, perhaps Munks needs to remove that mod advantage from Center and see how players feel grinding elements from bosses? All maps must have equal playing field, that MOD advantage just mucked up the game balance.

I do not care if the devs have not implemented all bosses on center, if anyone comments from there WITH the mod advantages seriously needs to play the Island.

Grinding bosses is not easy and takes heaps of resources and lots prepretations.

And Tek raid? hahaha, tek gear does not effect turrents now as devs know there will be imbalances, next patch with the introduction of tek turrets might be the hard counter for tek weapons.

User avatar
Plexor
Donator
Donator
Posts: 42
Tribe: Zenith
Status: Offline

Re: Element for Beating Bosses

Post#12 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:57 am

Ragnarok wrote:I have 2.2k hours on ark I am well aware of "the grind".

Doesn't prove anything as some players from steam form said that players with 2.2k hours can join a tribe, sit on dino's and be near tribemates crafting stuff to gain passive exp.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Posts: 170
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings
Status: Offline

Re: Element for Beating Bosses

Post#13 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:13 am

Plexor wrote:
Just the thing why is Center players making comments for Island server?

80% of my ark time has been playing on the island. I will be back on there at some point and Tek is coming definitely to the center at some point so the values do matter.

Plexor wrote:And with the tek bench Mod everything tek is accesible on level 85 and able to craft elements from basic resources is NOT fair, perhaps Munks needs to remove that mod advantage from Center and see how players feel grinding elements from bosses? All maps must have equal playing field, that MOD advantage just mucked up the game balance.
I do not care if the devs have not implemented all bosses on center, if anyone comments from there WITH the mod advantages seriously needs to play the Island.

The mod has been on there for like 10 hours.
Plexor wrote:Grinding bosses is not easy and takes heaps of resources and lots prepretations.

Every artifact takes at most 15 minutes to get apart from the swamp cave artifact. Rexs take a while to breed sure but there's no reason you can't do 20 at one time.

Plexor wrote:And Tek raid? hahaha, tek gear does not effect turrents now as devs know there will be imbalances, next patch with the introduction of tek turrets might be the hard counter for tek weapons.
I know it doesn't destroy turrets but it destroys the foundations, catwalks, and ceilings holding them up. And yes the next update with tek turrets may make raiding far harder and it may neutralize tek weapons, but you know what it might also not. Munki is asking the question of the vaules for now, next week it might be completely different however right now it is not. The tek rex may not be OP at the moment because the element is expensive. But if the rates are upped a lot then it will become op.

Smurf
Dino Master
Posts: 58
Tribe: Tribe of Smurf
Status: Offline

Re: Element for Beating Bosses

Post#14 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:33 am

That timer has gone well above 15mins with the recent Flyer nerf, but lets say they take 15mins per cave times 10 caves is that a acceptable grind for something that can last you half and hour? The fact is everything they are releasing now is Tek related why are you in favour of having it fundamentally blocked off? Lets say you want to have fun and build a underwater base you are pretty much meant to log on and grind bosses non stop just to keep the generator going there is more to Tek than simply raiding.
Last edited by Smurf on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Plexor
Donator
Donator
Posts: 42
Tribe: Zenith
Status: Offline

Re: Element for Beating Bosses

Post#15 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:34 am

Ragnarok wrote:80% of my ark time has been playing on the island. I will be back on there at some point and Tek is coming definitely to the center at some point so the values do matter.


So you say but I don't see you there at all. anyone can that claim.

Heck I can even say I got 3000 hours in ark, "no biggie".

Plexor wrote:The mod has been on there for like 10 hours.


Doesn't matter 1 hour, 2 hours, 10 hours, a moth, 1 year, an advantage is an advantage.

I disagree with tek bench "Mod" as its seriously OP.

Plexor wrote:Every artifact takes at most 15 minutes to get apart from the swamp cave artifact. Rexs take a while to breed sure but there's no reason you can't do 20 at one time.


You think its only artifacts? what about metal? Polymer? and black pearls?

Don't you think gathering those are time sinks?

Plexor wrote: But if the rates are upped a lot then it will become op.


Nobody is asking for 1000x drop.

User avatar
DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Posts: 1086
Tribe: Admin
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Element for Beating Bosses

Post#16 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:44 am

Plexor wrote:
Plexor wrote:The mod has been on there for like 10 hours.


Doesn't matter 1 hour, 2 hours, 10 hours, a moth, 1 year, an advantage is an advantage.

I disagree with tek bench "Mod" as its seriously OP.



TekMod of TheCentre and SE are for testing, as pretty much no one plays on the server its there for peopel to check out, TheCentre wont be getting any more Tek items .. as even the Devs have said they arent doing it anytime soon (which i stumbles accross when i was looking for a mod).
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Ragnarok
Veteran
Posts: 170
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings
Status: Offline

Re: Element for Beating Bosses

Post#17 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:52 am

Plexor wrote:So you say but I don't see you there at all. anyone can that claim.

Heck I can even say I got 3000 hours in ark, "no biggie".

Image There are multiple people on here that can say I've played a lot of time on the Island just not recently.
Plexor wrote:Doesn't matter 1 hour, 2 hours, 10 hours, a moth, 1 year, an advantage is an advantage.

I disagree with tek bench "Mod" as its seriously OP.
As do I I wanted to get tek gear legitimately.
Plexor wrote:You think its only artifacts? what about metal? Polymer? and black pearls?

Don't you think gathering those are time sinks?

Quetz with anky = shit tonnes of metal, quetz plus pelagornis = shit tonnes of poly, bred or unbred high level mosa with ascendant saddle = shit tonnes of black pearls. This game is about the grind, get used to it, if you don't like it go play rust. I don't like long breed times but I do them because they are worth it and because Munkis servers are worth putting up with only times 5 breeding.

Plexor wrote:
Nobody is asking for 1000x drop.

So what are you wanting then?

Smurf
Dino Master
Posts: 58
Tribe: Tribe of Smurf
Status: Offline

Re: Element for Beating Bosses

Post#18 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:57 am

Plexor wrote:
Nobody is asking for 1000x drop.

So what are you wanting then?[/quote]

We are only after 2/3x the amount that is worth the grind.

User avatar
Plexor
Donator
Donator
Posts: 42
Tribe: Zenith
Status: Offline

Re: Element for Beating Bosses

Post#19 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:14 am

Ragnarok wrote:
Plexor wrote:So you say but I don't see you there at all. anyone can that claim.

Heck I can even say I got 3000 hours in ark, "no biggie".

Image There are multiple people on here that can say I've played a lot of time on the Island just not recently.


I am still not entertained with your image, like I said for all I know some can join a tribe and gain passive exp.
Plexor wrote:Doesn't matter 1 hour, 2 hours, 10 hours, a moth, 1 year, an advantage is an advantage.

I disagree with tek bench "Mod" as its seriously OP.

Ragnarok wrote:As do I I wanted to get tek gear legitimately.

Plexor wrote:You think its only artifacts? what about metal? Polymer? and black pearls?
Ragnarok wrote:Quetz with anky = shit tonnes of metal, quetz plus pelagornis = shit tonnes of poly, bred or unbred high level mosa with ascendant saddle = shit tonnes of black pearls.


Not with Munk's rules of not building on resource spawns (and yet there are bases on mountains!), Yes you can get shit tons of metal, shit tons of poly, shit tons on ascendant but that's all theory.

Theres' still travel time and finding the wilds to get pearls.

I do not like theorycrafters.


Ragnarok wrote:This game is about the grind, get used to it, if you don't like it go play rust. I don't like long breed times but I do them because they are worth it and because Munkis servers are worth putting up with only times 5 breeding.


If you don't like the rates here play at officials you'll get your REAL grind.
Some players here are asking for decent rates on decent time investemt.


Plexor wrote:
So what are you wanting then?

Fair drop of 2x - 3x.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Posts: 170
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings
Status: Offline

Re: Element for Beating Bosses

Post#20 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:33 am

Plexor wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:
Plexor wrote:So you say but I don't see you there at all. anyone can that claim.

Heck I can even say I got 3000 hours in ark, "no biggie".

Image There are multiple people on here that can say I've played a lot of time on the Island just not recently.


I am still not entertained with your image, like I said for all I know some can join a tribe and gain passive exp.
Plexor wrote:Doesn't matter 1 hour, 2 hours, 10 hours, a moth, 1 year, an advantage is an advantage.

I disagree with tek bench "Mod" as its seriously OP.

Ragnarok wrote:As do I I wanted to get tek gear legitimately.

Plexor wrote:You think its only artifacts? what about metal? Polymer? and black pearls?
Ragnarok wrote:Quetz with anky = shit tonnes of metal, quetz plus pelagornis = shit tonnes of poly, bred or unbred high level mosa with ascendant saddle = shit tonnes of black pearls.


Not with Munk's rules of not building on resource spawns (and yet there are bases on mountains!), Yes you can get shit tons of metal, shit tons of poly, shit tons on ascendant but that's all theory.

Theres' still travel time and finding the wilds to get pearls.

I do not like theorycrafters.


Ragnarok wrote:This game is about the grind, get used to it, if you don't like it go play rust. I don't like long breed times but I do them because they are worth it and because Munkis servers are worth putting up with only times 5 breeding.


If you don't like the rates here play at officials you'll get your REAL grind.
Some players here are asking for decent rates on decent time investemt.


Plexor wrote:
So what are you wanting then?

Fair drop of 2x - 3x.

Look believe whatever you want I've provided proof I play. I played my first 3 or 4 months on vanilla before they started having 2 times weekends and specialized dinos for everything resource gathering wise. The idea of tippling or quadrupling the amount of element you get per boss destroys the whole purpose of tek gear on this sort of server. Doubling would be ok I guess but truth be told I think it should stay as it is. Tek gear is end game stuff for the true server alphas not mid game for middlings.

Anyway I'll see you after server wipe....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest