PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

The Quetz tame from hell!

Have you spotted/tamed a rare and beautiful creature? why not share your "collection" and lets see what’s out there
DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

The Quetz tame from hell!

Post#1 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:15 pm

Howdy

I should have titled this after the song "I get by with a little help from my friends".

A little background, the \o/ tribe has 2 current members, we were originally 4 but due to competing priorities only 2 of us remain. We are all people that like to build our own bases and do our own thing, so we are solo players under a tribal umbrella so to speak. As a result, we work hard for what we have and take pride in that.

Last night I was on pretty late, and was half asleep flying around on my Quetz (low level) looking for a beaver when KorpseGrinder said he found a 100 female Quetz (Q). I had enough trancs and narcs on me but only raw meat on my bird, but I can't look a gift horse in the mouth so off I went. Korpse was good enough to muster the wild one until I got there.

I arrived, trapped the Q, and tranc'd it out - 51 trancs in total and the Q fell smack in the middle of the trap which was great.

Then we were all kicked as the server rebooted LOL....

Luckily there was a rollback, I was back at the red obe (the Q was at the green obe) so I flew back to the green obe and checked that all my trancs and narcs had been rolled back which thankfully they were. Good ol' Korpse had relocated the Q and jammed his Q's butt on the nose of it, and I flew in and trapped it again. This time I tranc'd it down and when it passed out it somehow lunged forward, nearly out of the trap. It was balancing up and down and pretty precarious, it also slid back and forth with my bird's wing beats.

With some difficulty due to it's movement I put some narcs in and started starving it. Luckily Rambo was on and he was heading over with Rex kibble to help me out, to save me from doing a long winded and inefficient raw meat tame. It was at that point that somehow the tame lurched forward, and one of its feet lifted up and flicked me clear out of the trap. We were a fair distance in the sky and I was as good as dead, however I fell into the trees and something broke my fall and I survived at 25% health. I couldn't work out what it was, I thought I was on a green rocky outcrop in the trees but the rocks were uniform in shape. It was bizarre, then I realised.....

It was a Titanosaur, I fell off my Quetz onto the back of a Titan which for whatever reason wasn't on the move. I jumped off its tail and ran towards my base. Naturally at 25% health there was a conga line of carnivores following me but I had 15 minutes left on the torpor timer so I was under the pump. I got to the green obe when I was smashed by a swarm of Titanomyra bugs and my stamina was wasted. Thankfully I found a Dilo and threw myself at it to die.

I then respawned in base, grabbed a ptera, flew to the green obe, grabbed my gear, flew to my Quetz, to find that the Q had fallen out. I whistled my Quetz to follow and found the Q, lying on the ground right next to the Titanosaur!

By this time, in between fits of laughter I expect, Rambo arrived with the kibble. As we stood in the shade of the Titanosaur I fed the Q and this resulted in the hardest earned 149 Quetz in history.

I finally got them all back to base safely and thought "That Titan was stuck, I am gonna get some xp" so I took the ptera back, fired a metal arrow into the head of the Titan and then watched it decimate the forest as I ran shrieking like a gibbon through the trees to grab my ptera and bugger off.

Many thanks to John Rambo and Korpse Grinda for their loyalty and help in this bizarre tame.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: The Quetz tame from hell!

Post#2 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:30 pm

WOW, loved the story, so many twists, glad you made it from the server reboot, totally forgot to disable it on Monday (i even forgot to iron my shirt for work... if that helps, lol) sorry about that! i have disabled it now :)

love stories like this, the thrill of the chase!
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#3 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:19 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:WOW, loved the story, so many twists, glad you made it from the server reboot, totally forgot to disable it on Monday (i even forgot to iron my shirt for work... if that helps, lol) sorry about that! i have disabled it now :)

love stories like this, the thrill of the chase!

Thanks mate, the reboot was hilarious, and really not even a blip on the radar compared to the other debacles. Landing on the Titan was such a pisscutter I had to tell the story, just wish I had taken a selfie!

John Rambo
Gatherer
Tribe: Lone Wolf

Post#4 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:36 pm

10/10, would stand in the shade of a titansaur pissing myself laughing again

KorpseGrinda
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Powerpuff boys

Post#5 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:54 pm

Love it!!! Glad you got it in the end dude

Muddy
Dino Master
Tribe: A.E.S

Post#6 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:58 am

I know exactly where that titan was, has been stuck there for a few days now. Hopefully it doesn't wander closer to my base or I'll have to ask Rambo if his Gigas need more XP ;)

aquaman
Survivor
Tribe: Nephities

Post#7 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:39 am

Great story!!!! Really enjoyed it! I have been in similar circumstances before. Loved hearing that others ho through similiar trials. Also just want to acknowledge rambo and friends for always being there when we put ourselves in these funny positions. These guys are a wonderful addition to the server.