PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Dino XP

Have you spotted/tamed a rare and beautiful creature? why not share your "collection" and lets see what’s out there
Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Dino XP

Post#1 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:46 pm

Hey Munki,

So I have noticed you are have created a new Dino xp scale which makes it harder to level Dinos. This makes it extremely difficult to level Dinos which do not attack and heavily rely on passive XP. If your reasoning on this is that it makes the game harder which in turn keeps players interested, I can assure you this is not the case. Players constantly move between servers looking for a fresh crowd and all this scale does is make one of the best parts of ark EXTREMELY slow and disappointing. I have Dinos which were tamed immediately after the wipe which only have 20 or 30 levels in them....so an average player that does not focus directly on leveling their dinos would have to wait atleast 3 months before their Dinos would be max leveled.

Can you please change this back to Vanilla?

Muddy
Dino Master
Tribe: A.E.S

Re: Dino XP

Post#2 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:55 pm

Hey stick, I've found a quick way to lvl up any ridable dino is to go up to an Explorer note and when it opens it'll give both you and the dino the XP boost. Then depending on the dino go kill/harvest till timer runs out.
Make sure to be on the dino when you go up to a note.

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#3 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:15 pm

Thanks for the tip Muddy, didnt know that exp notes worked when mounted.

But it still doesnt solve the issue, people play unofficial for a reason. Changing stats such as this is unheard of, and im still waiting on Munkis justification for the change.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#4 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:41 pm

im waiting for others feedback
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

KorpseGrinda
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Powerpuff boys

Post#5 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:49 am

I think the XP rate (for tames) was on point before the last wipe.

Havoc
Survivor
Tribe: The Kings

Post#6 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:13 pm

I'm in agreement with Stick here. Making any changes to dino xp scale is a negative determinant to all dinos, especially non ridden/passive dinos which have no choice but to sit there and wait for xp to be gained. With or without the explorer note bonus as Muddy mentioned it is near impossible to gain extra levels on those dinos. It also doesn't help reward those players that have spent the time taming and breeding dinos to be the best they can be, instead they should be rewarded with a slightly increased dino xp scale as they have already spent the majority of their time gaining a superior dino. As it stands our player base has already taken a dramatic hit thanks to the recent issues from the last patch and other factors beyond our control, and we already are planning to wipe in 6 months we should be aiming to make every aspect that isn't game breaking just that bit easier to encourage people to stick around longer (also noting dinos on this server can gain up to 100 extra lvls unless its been changed since last wipe), I'm sure those with alot of hours already played and those with few hours played will both enjoy it.

Edit: Also noting WC has already nerfed xp gained from killing alphas and fixed the bug with dinos gaining more xp than they should have from broth of enlightenment, the only real major gain now is from killing a titan which is beyond alot of tribes limits unless they want to spend an extended period of time raising gigas, I for one am not one of those people.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#7 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:42 pm

I've already made my feelings known about this on the server but good to post here too. I am all for going back to normal, like Stick I have had dinos I have been using a lot that have maybe gone up 25 levels max. Leveling something like a dolphin is near on impossible. And one of the issues is with Chucky being in the states at the moment, I haven't got another tribe mate to power level anything. This xp system has made it even harder for the solo player, at least large tribes can still have a player sitting on another dino while they make narcs or kill titans and still get a few levels, as solo this xp system really sucks at the moment.

Edited to add: Another example is with pteras, you breed them and they still take some work to be good. By the time you have leveled one to be up to scratch now, chances are you have already killed it. Getting a drop, dcing somewhere etc..

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#8 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:43 pm

Back to normal.

Or maybe just for Gigas if you could do that and return the rest to normal.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#9 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:54 pm

It takes way to long now to rank up a ptera.

Sekhmet114
Dino Master
Tribe: Bronies

Post#10 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:08 pm

I agree, it'd be nice to go back to normal... part of the allure of the 10X server is being able to make dinos a little more disposable, if you're solo/only have time to level up a single dino, you're gonna be devo when you lose it rather than just grab another and keep going