PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Closed] Cross Server Transfer

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Do you want the servers to be connected?

No Transfers.
57%
Yes: The Island to and from The Centre
7%
Yes: The Island to and from Scorched Earth
7%
Yes: The Centre to and from Scorched Earth
No votes
Yes: To and from all 3 Maps/Servers
30%

Total votes: 30

T3aSpoon
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Bronies

[Closed] Cross Server Transfer

Post#1 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:26 pm

Munki, can you please turn the below into a poll for us?

Would you like to be able to transfer your dinos, items and characters to Munki's other servers/maps?

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Re: Cross Server Transfer

Post#2 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:04 pm

Ew no...

If cross ark transfers come in on munkis servers I quit playing the game. His servers are the last honest bastion for online multiplayer in this country for ark as far as I am concerned. Allowing you guys that just want to attack tribes on other server the ability to do so will just kill the game.

If you want to play on all the maps start a character on each, the taming and gather rates are high enough for you to not need to bring anything over with you.

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#3 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:38 pm

So many people crying about a game that is designed for PVP! Ark transfers would be great, it would allow tribes to explore further and gain access to more Dino's.

MarineWolf
Gatherer
Tribe: Suicide 3

Post#4 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:43 pm

I am all for cross ark

T3aSpoon
Dino Tamer

Post#5 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:18 pm

I believe that now the Devs have made the official servers fully transferable, It's now time to look at doing the same. It's obvious that's how the devs think the game should be played, and they would know best. IMO.

Plus id love to have things like flame arrows chainsaws in the center and island.

Another plus would be when The Island server has its low dino spawn issue due to the amount of players, that people could zip over to the center to try and find that nice 150 lvl dino they can't find on the Island.

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#6 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:20 am

I'd personally prefer none at all, as it allows people to split the tribe and build up in relative ease on the center, ( especially if other tribes don't enjoy that map for example )

If it we were to just have one connection, i'd be okay with the center over scorched earth.

ic3yt0uch
Survivor
Tribe: Children of Atom

Post#7 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:45 am

I feel it'd ruin the balance of the game and could easily be abused.
~Praise Atom!

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#8 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:34 am

You'd have to be insane to think the devs know best. The current official cross server transfers have a dino and item dupe that could easily be replicated here.

SE dinos are OP or useless depending on the dino and are not needed at all in either the island or the center. munki has long removed things which he saw as game breaking or to OP for the game and all the better for it. RPG turrets? Yeah good idea devs! Turrets on platforms? munki got rid of them way before officials did.

I trust in and follow the choices of munki for the betterment of the game. I'm not going to speak for the man, but we don't have cross ark transfers up until now do we? Seeing a trend maybe?

Anyway, again you don't need cross ark transfers, join a server and spam rafts for ranks, it's easy you have done it before. You have no right to be bringing across 100% imprint gen III's over to a server that you do not frequent just to cause problems for the local players. Join up and grind up like everyone else did or go play officials I say. Cross ark transfer is cancer.

Sekhmet114
Dino Master

Post#9 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Hmmm.... I would wholeheartedly support transfers from Island to The Centre - the reason being is they have the same dinos, and it would be great to see the Centre utilized more... As was said before, it'd be great to go there to continue looking for lvl 150 dinos, due to the increasing popularity and relative small size of the Island I'm finding the map is pretty bare of spawns these days.... Plus am looking for something new to pique my interest in the game again, so this could be it.

In regards to transfers to/from SE I'm a I little uncertain - as they have vastly different dinos, while it would certainly be exciting for a 1-2 week event to be able to visit there I'm unsure what the long-term ramifications may be of transferring OP dinos. Again though, it could be real fun for an event-style occasion to really mix things up, as the game is starting to get a little stale.

If people are overly worried about it, maybe even restrict event to coincide with base-protection times, just until we get a feel for how it'll work out?

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#10 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:39 pm

Before you vote, make it an informed vote by reading the official forums on SurvivetheArk, and also Steam in relation to transfers from SE to Island/Center.

Not only can I see a lot of Wyvern related wipes, I can foresee a lot of bans as its hard to control the Wyverns damage.

I am all for transfers from Island to Center, or maybe all servers is it is character only. It will allow us to avoid those nasty wipes and having to start levelling again.