PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Closed] Cross Server Transfer

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Do you want the servers to be connected?

No Transfers.
57%
Yes: The Island to and from The Centre
7%
Yes: The Island to and from Scorched Earth
7%
Yes: The Centre to and from Scorched Earth
No votes
Yes: To and from all 3 Maps/Servers
30%

Total votes: 30

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Re: Cross Server Transfer

Post#11 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:20 pm

DattoSSS wrote:Before you vote, make it an informed vote by reading the official forums on SurvivetheArk, and also Steam in relation to transfers from SE to Island/Center.

Not only can I see a lot of Wyvern related wipes, I can foresee a lot of bans as its hard to control the Wyverns damage.

I am all for transfers from Island to Center, or maybe all servers is it is character only. It will allow us to avoid those nasty wipes and having to start levelling again.

That is the only way I see this being possible. Only player ranks, stats and engrams can transfer with the character being but naked and no items.

Even then with the ease of leveling it seems pointless to implement.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#12 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:32 pm

lol If we have Cross Server Transfers it'll kill Munki's servers and he'll have his hands tied with griefers/trolls. Cross server transfers is truly cancer as trolls can just bring over their high level dinos, fly or roam around the map wiping other bases below them and causing havoc before moving on. Banning them won't stop it either and it'll only take a few doing it every now and then to kill the servers. Sure, they might not be going after the big, well defended tribes if they want a quick smash on the server, but it's not a balanced experienced if a tribe has to grind to get to a certain lvl only to have that destroyed by trolls coming in and bringing their transferred dinos across in under ten minutes. Bloody stupid idea. Speak to anyone playing on the officials where this was a thing and they'll say the same. Blocking obs and drops is ACTUALLY A THING on officials to stop this. Youtube it or speak to friends still playing on official to get an idea. Teaspoon, Stick, anyone else who thinks this is a good idea, just play the game by starting from scratch and working your way up like everyone else. If you know what you're doing it doesn't take long to lvl farm and build yourself up quick. If you're bored with the game, that's your right. Find another game that interests you because there are many others that enjoy it without this and would actually leave if it was brought in. Just play with each other on your own server if you don't like it and want to just go straight to top tier without the work. If people want wyverns in on the Island or Centre, maybe that can be another topic that can be discussed with Munki that doesn't involve bringing something in that can be used to troll and destroy the servers. Maybe Munki can give lvl 1 wyvern eggs away as prizes or something for events... but even then I'm not sure...

TheExWife
Survivor
Tribe: Sonz

Post#13 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:49 pm

I agree with Pepper ^

I especially like the idea of wyverns being maybe an event reward or just as like a one wyvern per tribe even if it wasnt allowed for raiding.

But Imo cross transfer items dinos and characters will do more harm to your servers than good. Look at the recent reviews of ark. They have declined since adding cross transfer so obviously the devs dont always know whats best lol.....

ic3yt0uch
Survivor
Tribe: Children of Atom

Post#14 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:14 pm

peppermint_hs wrote:lol If we have Cross Server Transfers it'll kill Munki's servers and he'll have his hands tied with griefers/trolls. Cross server transfers is truly cancer as trolls can just bring over their high level dinos, fly or roam around the map wiping other bases below them and causing havoc before moving on. Banning them won't stop it either and it'll only take a few doing it every now and then to kill the servers. Sure, they might not be going after the big, well defended tribes if they want a quick smash on the server, but it's not a balanced experienced if a tribe has to grind to get to a certain lvl only to have that destroyed by trolls coming in and bringing their transferred dinos across in under ten minutes. Bloody stupid idea. Speak to anyone playing on the officials where this was a thing and they'll say the same. Blocking obs and drops is ACTUALLY A THING on officials to stop this. Youtube it or speak to friends still playing on official to get an idea. Teaspoon, Stick, anyone else who thinks this is a good idea, just play the game by starting from scratch and working your way up like everyone else. If you know what you're doing it doesn't take long to lvl farm and build yourself up quick. If you're bored with the game, that's your right. Find another game that interests you because there are many others that enjoy it without this and would actually leave if it was brought in. Just play with each other on your own server if you don't like it and want to just go straight to top tier without the work. If people want wyverns in on the Island or Centre, maybe that can be another topic that can be discussed with Munki that doesn't involve bringing something in that can be used to troll and destroy the servers. Maybe Munki can give lvl 1 wyvern eggs away as prizes or something for events... but even then I'm not sure...

Not a bad idea at all, having certain dinos from SE as event prizes and limiting them to certain numbers per tribe.
~Praise Atom!

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#15 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:42 am

Personally I am all for cross server transfers, the absolute only issue I see is I would like to see the rock elemental be untameable.

Cross servers would attract more people to the servers and would make pvp far more interesting. To all you people saying it's a game killer the issue is you are looking at the examples from official servers where you can transfer your dinos to any server in the world that's official. This would be 3 servers all connected that's it, all three servers would have the same rules which would eliminate many of the issues from official which has no rules.
And to King Kiff saying that we need to grind it out on other servers, what's the point? I don't want 3 different bases over 3 different servers unless I can transfer dinos around between them, for example if we don't do it then that means I have to join the center server, build a really good base, catch quetzs, breeding gigas ad quetzs etc... Why would I want to do that again to play the same game just on another server that has bugger all players on it compared to the island server? I'm not afraid of breeding/ grinding resources but if I had to do it 3 different times when I can't even connect the bases between each well then what's the point?

At the very least I want players/bps and gear transfers, I feel like it's really unfair that there are extra weapons and things in scorched earth that we can't get on the island, even something as simple as the whip has a huge utility that could be taken advantage of on the island server.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor

Post#16 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:24 pm

Ragnarok wrote:Personally I am all for cross server transfers, the absolute only issue I see is I would like to see the rock elemental be untameable.

Cross servers would attract more people to the servers and would make pvp far more interesting. To all you people saying it's a game killer the issue is you are looking at the examples from official servers where you can transfer your dinos to any server in the world that's official. This would be 3 servers all connected that's it, all three servers would have the same rules which would eliminate many of the issues from official which has no rules.
And to King Kiff saying that we need to grind it out on other servers, what's the point? I don't want 3 different bases over 3 different servers unless I can transfer dinos around between them, for example if we don't do it then that means I have to join the center server, build a really good base, catch quetzs, breeding gigas ad quetzs etc... Why would I want to do that again to play the same game just on another server that has bugger all players on it compared to the island server? I'm not afraid of breeding/ grinding resources but if I had to do it 3 different times when I can't even connect the bases between each well then what's the point?

At the very least I want players/bps and gear transfers, I feel like it's really unfair that there are extra weapons and things in scorched earth that we can't get on the island, even something as simple as the whip has a huge utility that could be taken advantage of on the island server.

Cross ark transfers will do the exact opposite of attracting players, it will in fact drive them away.

So your saying you don't want 3 bases on 3 server? seems to me like you don't want to play on all 3 servers then. Seems to me like you just want to launch grief attacks against people on the other servers, then run back to your safe and boring island server.

Now I make this point. We have all talked about it on the center map. Not a single player on that server wants cross ark transfers. If we wanted to play on the island or SE we would have joined one of those servers. We have no desire what so ever to go back to the island to counter raid you guys every other weekend. As it is Spoon and Sticks tribe (bronies) are the ones causing players to leave the island making it "boring" so now they want to bring their malicious blow up every wooden and stone base approach to raiding to our server to drive people away. If they wish to do that, fine, grind up like the rest of us, do some real PVP. Not just hide away on another server, knowing we have no desire to go back there and get you. The kind of players voting for the cross ark transfers are all from a few tribes on the island, all players that raid undefended noob bases and drop everything they own on the ground. Also the kind of players that drop wild dinos in everyone's bases to kill anything passive.

Go look for another unofficial cluster server with cross ark transfers and see how well they are doing? That's right, for the most part they are empty.

If you get your transfers it will be to empty servers due to most of us upping and leaving.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#17 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:39 pm

King_Kiff wrote:Cross ark transfers will do the exact opposite of attracting players, it will in fact drive them away.

So your saying you don't want 3 bases on 3 server? seems to me like you don't want to play on all 3 servers then. Seems to me like you just want to launch grief attacks against people on the other servers, then run back to your safe and boring island server.

Now I make this point. We have all talked about it on the center map. Not a single player on that server wants cross ark transfers. If we wanted to play on the island or SE we would have joined one of those servers. We have no desire what so ever to go back to the island to counter raid you guys every other weekend. As it is Spoon and Sticks tribe (bronies) are the ones causing players to leave the island making it "boring" so now they want to bring their malicious blow up every wooden and stone base approach to raiding to our server to drive people away. If they wish to do that, fine, grind up like the rest of us, do some real PVP. Not just hide away on another server, knowing we have no desire to go back there and get you. The kind of players voting for the cross ark transfers are all from a few tribes on the island, all players that raid undefended noob bases and drop everything they own on the ground. Also the kind of players that drop wild dinos in everyone's bases to kill anything passive.

What I said is I don't want 3 separate bases on 3 separate servers that aren't linked, if they were linked then I would quite happily build a good base on every server. If you knew anything about me you would know I don't launch grief attacks on anyone. I enjoy a bit of dino/player pvp but don't often do raiding. You talk about the fact that we should do some real pvp and grind like the rest of you. Are you not the one that last wipe left your base open every weekend because you were so afraid of being raided, if this was infact you why don't you go play on pve. Come onto the island and tell any of the main tribes that we are afraid of grinding and doing the work, but before you do that come look at our bases.

And you obviously don't know bronies like you think you do if you are accusing them of raiding stone and wooden bases. I know they have done it when they have a genuine grievance with tribes otherwise they seem to stick to only metal bases. Infact they were the main force regarding raiding raiders which were legitimately blowing into every base they could actually manage to.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor

Post#18 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Ragnarok wrote:
King_Kiff wrote:Cross ark transfers will do the exact opposite of attracting players, it will in fact drive them away.

What I said is I don't want 3 separate bases on 3 separate servers that aren't linked, if they were linked then I would quite happily build a good base on every server. If you knew anything about me you would know I don't launch grief attacks on anyone. I enjoy a bit of dino/player pvp but don't often do raiding. You talk about the fact that we should do some real pvp and grind like the rest of you. Are you not the one that last wipe left your base open every weekend because you were so afraid of being raided, if this was infact you why don't you go play on pve. Come onto the island and tell any of the main tribes that we are afraid of grinding and doing the work, but before you do that come look at our bases.

And you obviously don't know bronies like you think you do if you are accusing them of raiding stone and wooden bases. I know they have done it when they have a genuine grievance with tribes otherwise they seem to stick to only metal bases. Infact they were the main force regarding raiding raiders which were legitimately blowing into every base they could actually manage to.

Mate I've been playing on munkis servers over 18 months or more now, I know the bronies. I know what they do. In Spoons first weekend on our server he went around blowing open all the small undefended bases and emptying everything from everything. This weekend he went around attacking people on pteras then started screaming about getting people banned when they killed him then the flyers he used. I know exactly the type of players I am dealing with and the mindset they bring.

As for leaving my base wide open yea that's me and the rules allow for it. Afraid of being raided. No, I can PVP against the best of them, but I like most humans need to sleep. What I am afraid of is being offline raided by malicious players that will make sure a wild dinos kills every dino on passive I own. Bronies have done this to many many players over many server wipes under many different tribe names.

If you really do wish to just play on the server with us then do so, you will be rank 85 in less than a day if you know what you are doing and if you are a legit good player you will make friends, get help and advance very quickly, you have ZERO need to bring ranks, items or dinos with you.

Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Post#19 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:44 pm

Your claims are outrageous and completely untrue King kiff. im not going to sit here and defend any of them because im sure your still coming down from an acid trip.

You have caused enough issues within our first 24 hours of being on the Center already.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor

Post#20 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:00 pm

Stick wrote:Your claims are outrageous and completely untrue King kiff. im not going to sit here and defend any of them because im sure your still coming down from an acid trip.

You have caused enough issues within our first 24 hours of being on the Center already.

Cannot refute my argument so resort to name calling...

Check out that image, you are on the very bottom of it :)
Attachments
1483484750992.jpg
1483484750992.jpg (52.46 KiB) Viewed 14107 times