PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Closed] Would you like ORP2 (Mod) on the server?

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Would you like ORP2 (Mod) on the server?

Yes
67%
No
25%
Don't Care
8%

Total votes: 48

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

[Closed] Would you like ORP2 (Mod) on the server?

Post#1 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:12 pm

Would you like the ORP2 mod installed to prevent passive dinos being killed, and encourage more onlime raiding...

Description of the mod:
Players place down the force field structure which will then begin scanning at a set rate for all the players in the tribe that own that force field. When it detects that no tribemates are online, it then kicks off a timer for a set amount of time. The timer is used so that players cannot log off while being raided to initiate the force field. After a determined amount of time decided by a scaling method, the force field activates, buffing structures and dinos in the AOE. This does NOT make it impossible to raid (depending on how the server has ORP configured), only much more difficult. Once a tribemate has been detected to be online, all buffing is removed after a short amount of time and buffed entities are restored to normal.

I am currently testing this mod to see what configuration options there are, so Raiding isn't too hard or too OP, at this stage i would like to know if there is a demand for it or not.

Additional:
Just an update ... people think adding the mod will remove all PvP ..
this is not true, Structure HP, Dino HP, passives are all configurable, and will limit the pillar to 1 per tribe, so they can have other bases ... and looking at only having it active during the week, and possibly removing a large portion of the rules as this mod will protect passives and structures...

Updated:
What i plan ...
im thinking of making passive dinos untouchable and making structure damage 2x, this will hopefully encourage online raiding, but if they choose the offline route, would take 2x the resources.
Aggressive and Neutral dinos wont have protection.
Allow 2 pillars per tribe, max distance will be set by me and may change due to feedback.
- Rules will be significantly reduced

please post below and i need your thoughts.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Re: Would you like ORP2 (Mod) on the server?

Post#2 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:15 pm

If you want servers with massive lag, due to massive endless bases filled with hundereds of dinos the vote yes...

ORP basically kills PVP dead.

Swish
Gatherer
Tribe: Belan

Post#3 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:21 pm

I don't see much in your argument for not putting it on- it's for offline raid protection, something that's done as pretty much PVE.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor

Post#4 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:50 pm

what do you mean looking at only having it active during the week?

So our ORP would not work on the weekends?

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#5 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:21 pm

Again .. kiff... im testing this, if it helps reduce the load on me and give more safety for others its a benefit for all.

- Pillar can protect passive dinos only
- Pillar protection size can be changed (admin size can set maximum size)
- Pillar can be used to claim or destroy a base.
- Pillar shows how many structures protected (helps to know if your near the 3k limit)
- Base timer can be changed from 0 mins(instant) -> 3hrs (timer BEFORE activating ORP), this activates when all tribe members have logged off (server setting)
- Buff Delay, when a player logs in, the time it takes before ORP is disabled, instant -> 3hrs (server setting)
- Dino HP and Dino Damage Multiplier, can be set from 1.0 (normal) to 50x (server setting)
- Have the option for Passives to take no damage (server setting)
- Have the option for all dinos in the radius, passive, neutral or aggressive to take no damage. (server setting)
- Passive Dinos can also NOT be picked up when ORP is activated, and cannot be ridden, where as Neutral and Aggressive dinos can.

will be updated when i confirm other settings
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Silversage
Dino Tamer
Tribe: House Stark

Post#6 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:43 pm

Just the no damage on passives would be mint if inside the barrier.

Obviously you may have issues with people using them as shields around a base then

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor

Post#7 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:52 pm

If passive dinos can't take any damage can they take torpor? They would be exploited as storage that could not be hurt if that was the case.

Brettis
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Christie Sims Fanclub

Post#8 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:41 am

yeah like kiff said, would this mean people can stash everything that have that is important on passive dinos when they log off and it will be 100% protected? If so I'm wayyyy against this mod if that's not configurable.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#9 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:43 am

King_Kiff wrote:If passive dinos can't take any damage can they take torpor? They would be exploited as storage that could not be hurt if that was the case.

I have confirmed you cant tranq protected dinos, i am following up with the mod author.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor

Post#10 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:38 pm

If your going to consider this it needs to be more than 2x protection, that will not stop offline raiding at all if that is the plan.

When as a 1 man tribe I can click build on 200 RPGs at once with ease, making x2 more is hardly an issue. I would say it would needs to be x5-x8 to be anywhere near effective.