PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Closed] Classic Flyers Mod

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Add the "Classic Flyers" Mod?

Yes - Add the mod
31%
No - Wait for the devs
69%

Total votes: 16

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

[Closed] Classic Flyers Mod

Post#1 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:55 pm

Should i implement the Classic flyers mod, or wait for the devs to fix things?
Mod can be found at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =895711211

Keep in mind if I implement the mod its unknown hows things will be after the mod is removed, its up to the concensus to take the risk!
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Ironweight
Survivor
Tribe: Savage Goons

Re: Classic Flyers Mod

Post#2 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:14 pm

Yeah mate, as much as the nerf was needed, it had too much of an impact of it's actual depth.

Ren3game
Fresh Spawn
Tribe: Hydra

Post#3 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:20 pm

Oath man, the nerf is gonna make me put my fist through my monitor lol

Nitephyre
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Crucifier

Post#4 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:43 pm

Can give it a shot. Backup and if it doesn't work we can cop a roll-back :)

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#5 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:11 pm

I don't recommend it. Ride the nerf and it's many tweaks out first and see where it goes. I do recommend however looking at increasing taming rates and other multipliers to make ocean taming and breeding more viable to shift the focus.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#6 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:19 pm

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I love the nerf! PVP is a real thing again. Using only 3 dinos, Argie, Quetz, Ptranadon for EVERY SINGLE TASK is gone. OP ingot runs gone! Not being able to shoot or let alone hit stuuuuuuuuuuupid speed flyers is gone! Stupid air fights where no one hits each other as the dinos move to fast for the server are GONE!

Get used to the game, git gud. Learn what is most efficient now, learn how to make dino caravans for resource runs, AS A TRIBE! Not just one man expecting endless iron just because you had a quetz and a anky. Honestly the flyers where the most broken thing about ark, finally they are in balance with the rest of the game.

If the server goes back to 1 man OP resource gathering it will be then end of it for me. I am currently waiting for the wipe with glee thinking about how much more balanced a fresh world will be with this great nerf. No more stinking uber bases built off the back of an un-patched exploit using 2 dinos... Work for your mega base.

Please Munki for the love of god don't do this, the game is finally making some changes for the better and the first thing we see is this mod vote? There will be many more nerfs ***BALANCES*** in the future as the game gets closer to 1.0, are we going to undo them all?

As for saying what for the devs to fix things? I think they have fixed things with this patch to be perfectly honest.

Cheers,

Kiff

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#7 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:36 pm

Personally I am for waiting a few more days to see how they buff the dinos, if they are buffed to a decent amount again then I say no if they aren't then I'm keen for the mod to come back.

Milhouse
Dino Master
Tribe: Floogals

Post#8 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:15 pm

Wouldnt be bad to give it a try. I have been using it on my solo player. Though it doesnt apply to dino's that you have tamed already and you have to do a dinowipe to get it to work. Idk i Voted yes but im kinda on the fence about it

Smurf
Dino Master
Tribe: Tribe of Smurf

Post#9 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:43 pm

I vote leave it, the devs have a vision and they are tweaking it to that vision.

I couldn't say it any better than what ragnarok has said it im pleading to keep it how it is and see what the vision is.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#10 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:06 pm

Smurf wrote:im pleading to keep it how it is and see what the vision is.

no need to plead, im just looking for peoples opinions... doesnt mean i will implement it
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net